Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557463 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
That looks GREAT on that color.  I was imagining something sandier or lighter beige.  Now, I'm happier about that one. :)

We were both afraid that white type would not stand up well enough but it POPS.

When doing this job, I knew this one would be a good one for a tutorial. The initial reason being that when I first did it, my wacom tablet was broke and I had to resort to the computer mouse. The quality of my mask was far less than had I done it with the brush and pen and it would have been a good tutorial for beginner mask making. I'm going to ad that one t my list one "want to's". 
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
Dan, I'll have to say you losing your old job may have been a blessing, it seems you are busy as ever, and your work and the printers that print it WOW!!! is all I can say.   I remember the bike and truck you did for me printed like a dream.

Darryl 
Ps Donnie I need to come stand byside you and learn, very nice print dude!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »
Dan, I'll have to say you losing your old job may have been a blessing, it seems you are busy as ever, and your work and the printers that print it WOW!!! is all I can say.   I remember the bike and truck you did for me printed like a dream.

It sure was a blessing. Been happier ever since they tossed me out of the Kingdom and look at all of the new friends I've met along the way.  :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »

It sure was a blessing. Been happier ever since they tossed me out of the Kingdom and look at all of the new friends I've met along the way.  :)

Friends? What friends? Anybody here a friend of Dan's?  ;D
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »

Friends? What friends? Anybody here a friend of Dan's?  ;D

Nope, I hate that son of a bitch.

I KID, I KID, I love me some Dan. :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
Nice work Donnie.  But for gad sakes can we stop with the bleeding cowboys font?  It's like the new papyrus around here.   

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2011, 03:33:15 AM »
Ha Ha!  I told him that everyone is using is for any kind of western art these days. True, it's being used a bunch...but it's still got another 2to 5 years of seeing it before it becomes IMPACT, HELVETICA, TIMES, COOPER, HOBO status.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2011, 08:04:12 AM »
That font is awesome, I use it for everything.   ;D

Actually, I think it uninstalled itself in shame.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »
I just paid Rick Roth to teach us the secrets to printing over seams. This was the result. It is not perfect, but damn, that looks nice. Make sure you check out the image in full size, the thumbnail makes it look worse . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
I just paid Rick Roth to teach us the secrets to printing over seams. This was the result. It is not perfect, but damn, that looks nice. Make sure you check out the image in full size, the thumbnail makes it look worse . . .

pierre

Neoprene foam under the shirt?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »

pierre

Neoprene foam under the shirt?

similar but not quite it. Rick said he spent a lot of time on R&D for this so I am not really willing to explain how to do it. It is his intellectual property and I do not have the right to share it. He will get you the instructions and sample material for $100. I am recovering most of that fee on the first order we printed today.

pierre

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
Clean Pierre! Not to take anything away from Rick but the PIG company specializes in absorbant materials for spills and wet areas. They make a variety of items that will work quite well for this type of application. I've tried several and use different ones for plastol vs WB

Offline Flying Colors

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
Here is something we were working on today, thought it came out pretty good...

Offline Flying Colors

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

That is weird, will not attach. Oh well, anyone have ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Mark

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

That is weird, will not attach. Oh well, anyone have ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Mark

That happens to me some times. I have issues when uploading from my desktop. (it could be the file type or file size. Although, I have checked both when doing so and both have been within the requirements and yet, still happens. So, If I upload to my website and then past a [img] link, then is works.