Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557437 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1080 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »
I am pretty sure I had mentioned it in the thread about how they were printing in Portugal, but standard press configuration was 3 pallets per print head(like 30 station 10 color). That was probably just as standard as 2 pallets short of your print head count here(like a 10/12) is...

That makes a lot of sense for plastisols or the HSA inks that may need a flash after each color but would actually be problematic for WOW discharge/WB as you would have dry time between the heads, even double indexing.  Makes for the dreaded "zombie skin" buildup issues.

I see a huge market for the digotex ovals for those applications that need a flash+cool after each color.  I believe those free moving platens can index willy nilly and "hang out" or index slower.  They could be set to print - flash - half index/hang for cool down then back onto print.  Could reduce the monster footprint of a 30 station.

All they printed was WB, and they flashed EVERY color till it was dry. I think with the qtys they were running the machine footprint was not a issue, however slower or backward indexing would be. I am pretty sure the most common configuration oval S.Roque makes is like 36 station 12 or 14 color :o if I remember correctly. They had a bunch of them shipping out when I was there...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #1081 on: January 24, 2014, 08:41:40 PM »

Here are a couple of new prints for trade shows this year. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry.

love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1082 on: January 31, 2014, 02:59:27 AM »
Check this one out. This here, is an extremely well done screen print. The printer I used for this one is exceptional. That is Bill at Tracings Graphics in Alton New Hampshire.

Printed with 4 colors and two whites.   Base white, Yellow, Red, Blue, Black & top white.   230 base white, 305 on top colors. 55lpi, 22.5 degree screen angle. 
Take a look at that burger. You can count the seeds on that bun. You can see the patina on that trophy, you can see and read the tattoo on his arm and you can see the leather texture on that baseball pattern behind the rooster, you can actually see thru his glasses and see his eyes behind the glasses. Thats cool. Am I proud of this one? You bet! Check out that light shadow behind the rooster. I LOVE a good print and THIS is a good print. It's only 4 colors and two white inks and this sparkle tee just sent it over the top. As the artist and the color separator that sold the order, I have to tip my hat and bow to this printer on this job.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:01:41 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
Here's one we were working on this morning, I think the camo came out great.

Nick

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1084 on: February 01, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
Yes sir, very nice print Roc!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1085 on: February 03, 2014, 03:48:39 PM »
Awesome print Nick, that camo looks really sweet!

Here's a more basic one that we are knocking out today. Real straight forward, just 3 screens. Underbase, black, highlight white..... This is done on 272 mesh, 55 lpi.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1086 on: February 03, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
NIce!  Good detail.   I have a mannequin now myself, but I found that when taking pics of prints on it, the body is a womens and the shirt hang and fold a little near print area, (off the chest) so it hides the prints in areas. Bummer.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1087 on: February 12, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »
Thread seems dead again, lol...... Figured I would post this one up as it might not look like much but this one I'm pretty proud of considering it's some very solid colors(with tiny strings of detail beads on the bottom of design) that we printed with 1 revolution, 1 pass on all colors. These are the projects that I dread doing but I finally said screw it and wanted to go with a discharge base and was real happy with how it turned out. I know if I printed this with plastisol it would be minimum 3-4 flashes so pretty happy this was 1 revolution w/ 1 pass on each squeegee....

I'll post up some sim process stuff later or tomorrow for you guys

Danny Gruninger

Offline prozyan

« Reply #1088 on: February 12, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »
We just finished an entire elementary school district order.  Nothing exciting, basic one and two color.  Between 100 and 250 shirts per school.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
Thread seems dead again, lol...... Figured I would post this one up as it might not look like much but this one I'm pretty proud of considering it's some very solid colors(with tiny strings of detail beads on the bottom of design) that we printed with 1 revolution, 1 pass on all colors. These are the projects that I dread doing but I finally said screw it and wanted to go with a discharge base and was real happy with how it turned out. I know if I printed this with plastisol it would be minimum 3-4 flashes so pretty happy this was 1 revolution w/ 1 pass on each squeegee....

I'll post up some sim process stuff later or tomorrow for you guys

The bottom of that print looks like it could have been a real issue if it was all plastisol.  I'll try to get some pics of some stuff we're working on but I can't promise anything.

We just finished a run similar to Prozyan's.  The school stuff always looks decent for some reason, I guess most of the designs are similar and allow for a good print.  Some of the crap that comes through our door I just shake my head at.  I know most people have no idea what it takes to do some of the things we do but even after explaining why something isn't going to look good they still want it done.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1090 on: February 13, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
Alan, yeah the bottom of that print is super detailed. Tiny little strands of "beads" with several different colors. I think the job all together was 9 or 10 colors all spots.

Here's a pretty funny print we are printing today for an internal clothing line we are getting ready to launch. With marijuana becoming legal in colorado here there's tons of "weed shirts" popping up so we have around 8 that we've done. This is the first one I'll post as we have some classic style designs, some funny stuff like this, just a variety of different styles so I'll post more but thought some of you guys might find this one funny! LOL ..... 7 colors on this one, 272 mesh all around

Will start posting some more here tonight/tomorrow for you guys to check out

Danny Gruninger

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1091 on: February 13, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »
This was a pain to keep straight and not print the wrong design on the wrong shirt.  I didn't take pics of all of them but there were 8 different variations under two different work orders with 4 variations each.  Easy prints, most of them were base, flash, top color, flash, top white.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1092 on: February 13, 2014, 07:08:57 PM »
Here's another one from today we are working on...... This is just 6 colors plus a base on this, no black screen. 55 lpi like most of our stuff but thought this one came out really nice looking, another shirt part of our pre printed clothing line we are getting ready to launch

Danny Gruninger

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1093 on: February 15, 2014, 05:40:16 PM »
In the shop printing today..... Here's some that we've done today......

Danny Gruninger

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1094 on: February 15, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »
And a few more....
Danny Gruninger