Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558089 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1095 on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »
Alan, yeah the bottom of that print is super detailed. Tiny little strands of "beads" with several different colors. I think the job all together was 9 or 10 colors all spots.

Here's a pretty funny print we are printing today for an internal clothing line we are getting ready to launch. With marijuana becoming legal in colorado here there's tons of "weed shirts" popping up so we have around 8 that we've done. This is the first one I'll post as we have some classic style designs, some funny stuff like this, just a variety of different styles so I'll post more but thought some of you guys might find this one funny! LOL ..... 7 colors on this one, 272 mesh all around

Will start posting some more here tonight/tomorrow for you guys to check out

I think Colorado is merely showing it is Biblically principled in its progression: approve of homosexual activity and then you get stoned.

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1096 on: February 15, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
one we have done recently, worked on this project with Dottonedan
Jeremiah - Production manager at Real Thread

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #1097 on: February 16, 2014, 02:06:18 AM »
The details on the grass is unbelievable.
How many colours is that print?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1098 on: February 16, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
Danny I don't know how many ways you can say incredible but your prints are freakaligiously awesome.  Did you notice a great deal of detail improvement with the dts?  Just curious.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1099 on: February 16, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
The details on the grass is unbelievable.
How many colours is that print?

this was a 7 color job 8 including a spot black for text which is not shown in the picture. But yeah the grass did come out really well.
thanks for the comments

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1100 on: February 16, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
Nice work Jeremiah!

You are one of the few to post sim/process WB prints and I bet many would love to hear what inks/screens you were running on that job.   That many includes me, we do occasional full color work with discharge and WB, looking at implementing HSA inks more this year. 

Danny, what the hell man?  I cannot believe how you and your artist got that smoke to render.  You guys must have had to carefully study that smoke in real life for awhile.  ;)  I'm impressed, inspired and humbled to see this level of tightness from a shop day in and day out.  Some of us get there once in a while but you're doing it all the time.

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1101 on: February 16, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Nice work Jeremiah!

You are one of the few to post sim/process WB prints and I bet many would love to hear what inks/screens you were running on that job.   That many includes me, we do occasional full color work with discharge and WB, looking at implementing HSA inks more this year. 

Thanks man! well this may sound a little crazy but I first have to give thanks to God for giving us plenty of humidity down here in florida..haha it really does help a ton with the inks in the screen not drying in. This particular job was run with sericol inks on 225's. 7 color job and we used a process black. Dan did the seps on this job and did a killer job!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1102 on: February 16, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »
Nice work Jeremiah!

Thanks man! well this may sound a little crazy but I first have to give thanks to God for giving us plenty of humidity down here in florida..haha it really does help a ton with the inks in the screen not drying in. This particular job was run with sericol inks on 225's. 7 color job and we used a process black. Dan did the seps on this job and did a killer job!

Right on, nice work with the DC inks.  Sericol DC always does super well with the process stuff.  That Dan is getting pretty good with the discharge seps eh?  We get treated to a few Dan seps every year and they always come out brilliantly. 

Here in MT it is drier than all get out for most of the year.  Swamp cooler in summer helps a lot.  With a little penetrant/retarder in the mix we don't see dry in problems as high as 330 tpi with textile inks, they have all been very nice in terms of not drying in. 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1103 on: February 16, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »
JmanRT    That was one of your best prints. The Lion soldier was great also but I think even better than this one since it's on black tees. I love that one.

Real Thread seems to be the up and coming discharge shop in the central Fl area.

It seems to be true, that the waterbase and discharge when done with sim process on large prints do seem to come out fantastic. I can't say that I've mastered the technique with discharge for all designs. It's such a different thinking/planning process. Some seem to work easier than others. The soft hand and print quality on the Lion soldier seems to be unbelievable. I have one of those Lion shirts and it has no hand what so ever with bright colors and great detail. Any shop would love to get that result.

Zoo is no stranger to great print results and is well known in his area for high quality. I love the quality of the members here. It's on a nutha level.

Danny in Colorado has been a great printer for a long time now. He doesn't give himself the credit but he's been good for a few years and as of last year, with his side kick artist, they will be on the national radar this year I'm sure.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1104 on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Dan I agree the lion is still to this day probably my favorite sim process job we have ever done.
here it is!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1105 on: February 17, 2014, 05:31:11 PM »
Danny I don't know how many ways you can say incredible but your prints are freakaligiously awesome.  Did you notice a great deal of detail improvement with the dts?  Just curious.

Thanks Doug, much appreciated! We def. saw an improvement in detail once we went DTS, but how much? I really can't say as I feel like I never had my films 100% dialed in the way they should have been but DTS certainly helped us improve our quality. We no longer struggle to get the 3-4% stuff to come out of the screens and those areas I feel dts helps the most. We will be installing an M&R I Image STE once it get's finished up here in the next few weeks and that machine has shown better results then our current lawson dts. We are very excited to get the new m&r here as our detail and prints should get a slight bit better as the m&r dts machine is superior to our current machine.

Nice work Jeremiah!

Danny, what the hell man?  I cannot believe how you and your artist got that smoke to render.  You guys must have had to carefully study that smoke in real life for awhile.  ;)  I'm impressed, inspired and humbled to see this level of tightness from a shop day in and day out.  Some of us get there once in a while but you're doing it all the time.

LOL too funny man! Like I have said from the start we still have a ways to go but we seem to be busting out pretty high detailed sim process prints basically every day these days. It's gotten to the point where I would much prefer to print one of these designs then the more basic solid coverage spot color contract jobs we see in the shop here. Lots of credit to my artist as we make a great team working together on these style of prints but always looking to improve.

I too am super impressed with the prints Jman posted using waterbase inks. This is something that we will be diving into here this summer but I've been a bit on the fence due to our climate. We have such low humidity where we are at, that it makes it tough keeping inks wet in the screens. But none the less jman, those are some badass waterbase prints and something that you guys should be proud of. There's few guys in the states here that can achieve those prints using waterbase so pat on the back to you guys.

Once I get some shipping wrapped up today I will post some more designs we did today. Thanks for the kind words though everyone, glad at least some of you guys enjoy when I post these.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1106 on: February 17, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »
Here's a few more from today...... Not real happy with how the splashing bass came out so I plan on making tweaks to this one to get it looking better...... Everything I have posted has been plastisol prints done with WM Plastics ink, most of the mesh is 272n @ 40 n and 55 lpi.....

Danny Gruninger

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1107 on: February 17, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »
thanks a lot Danny! those are some pretty sick prints you just posted today!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1108 on: February 17, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
And another one we just did....... This is 8 color design 55 lpi, 1 revolution around the ch3......

Danny Gruninger

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1109 on: February 17, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »
Man you guys do some cool prints for real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk