Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557637 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1110 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
I wish we could do some cool stuff like these instead of the boring spot color we get.  It pays the bills but we have to create things to challenge ourselves and there is only so much you can do with 3-5 spot colors on top of an underbase.  You guys are lucky, keep up the great work and don't take it for granted.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1111 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
I wish we could do some cool stuff like these instead of the boring spot color we get.  It pays the bills but we have to create things to challenge ourselves and there is only so much you can do with 3-5 spot colors on top of an underbase.  You guys are lucky, keep up the great work and don't take it for granted.

Start your own clothing line, that's what we did! LOL.....  If we only printed what clients brought us it would be boring as can be around here LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1112 on: February 18, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
I have my own "brand" as well, and sell on Etsy.  Brings in a few hundred extra bucks each month for almost no effort, and I get to print what I want when it's slow and I want to try something new.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1113 on: February 18, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »
Some truth there. We have two with two more on the way. Mine; which is technique driven but 4 or less colors, and one for a well known author/illustrator which will also be combining our decorating techniques with his images. One of the rare instances where product is reverse engineered from Production backwards.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1114 on: February 18, 2014, 05:04:24 PM »
Pretty much the same story here though Brian finally pitched a client on doing some higher end stuff and they are really excited at the new possibilities.  Our first go at this kind of job turned out better than I was expecting and let us know that our "process refinement" has definitely helped out in the quality department!  Art by John Sullivan (sullyman on TSB).

45 lpi and one stroke on all screens:
225S UB White
270 Black
270 Red
270 Orange
270 Yellow
270 Really Light Blue (mixed this way too light)
270 Highlight White

Still room for much improvement but it is nice to know we can at least pull this kind of stuff off.  Sorry for the wrinkles in the shirt, I grabbed it out of the extra box.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:07:16 PM by ScreenPrinter123 »

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1115 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
And another one from today..... This is probably one of my favorite looking prints we've ever done.... 8 screens total on this one is what it was I believe which included underbase white and top white..... 55 lpi, all done 272n mesh.......

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1116 on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:11 AM »
And another one from today..... This is probably one of my favorite looking prints we've ever done.... 8 screens total on this one is what it was I believe which included underbase white and top white..... 55 lpi, all done 272n mesh.......

I hate you.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1117 on: February 19, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »

I hate you.
I with Brandt , but it's a good hate LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #1118 on: February 19, 2014, 06:41:51 PM »
One of the few this month. Surprised we pulled it off. Its not great but the customers were very happy.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »

SWEET!!! I need one of those!! Love the Colorado logo on the table!

Nick

Offline starchild

« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2014, 10:21:31 PM »
One of the few this month. Surprised we pulled it off. Its not great but the customers were very happy.

That design has been available since 2012

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »
ScreenPrinter123 Nice printing and art.   I love all of these prints. you all rock!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2014, 12:38:56 AM »

That design has been available since 2012

Sent using Tapatalk
Really?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2014, 06:22:15 AM »
The Blue Moose

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1124 on: February 21, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Easy money right here.  Black, Red, White...Unload.  No UB needed on this one and I didn't know if I was going to get the opacity I wanted with a 150/48 with the white but we got it.  I wanted it on a lower mesh but my screen guy accidentally put it on a 150 but it all turned out good.  350 pieces, done from setup to teardown in 30 minutes.  Certainly not anything cool or difficult, but it pays the bills rather well.

And probably the worst shirt photo I've ever done and I didn't notice it was this bad or I would have retaken it before the shirts were delivered.  Sorry. 
Base 150/48
flash
yellow 280/34
red 280/34
flash
top white 150/48
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.