Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557452 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1125 on: February 21, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »
Crawfish...yummy!  Time to get my pot ready.  How bout a TSB crawfish boil

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1126 on: February 26, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »
Here's a promo shirt we printed today for WM Plastics/American T-Shirt Company...... Since american t-shirt co is located in hawaii they wanted us to do a themed hawaii shirt for their open house. This one is 7 color plus 2 whites, this one is 65 lpi.... Just 1 revolution, 1 time around the press...... 272 mesh for everything but the black screen which is a 330 and WM plastisol on all the colors.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1127 on: February 26, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
Danny I swear to you I am bringing my whole shop to yours to see how your doing this amazing printing. 

You've been warned.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1128 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:21 PM »
Danny I swear to you I am bringing my whole shop to yours to see how your doing this amazing printing. 

You've been warned.

LOL, you'll have a hard time making it all fit..... People dont realize how small my shop is until they see it, we do a ton of stuff for 2 autos and the space that we have.... No screen room, nothing like that here..... All these prints are done with us walking screens around the shop under regular lighting  :P

I am coming to your shop to see the ch3d though, that way I can show your ass how to load shirts 125 doz/hr LOL

Danny Gruninger

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #1129 on: February 26, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
Danny, you guys do some really good work over there!

Other than it being such a beast of a cool machine, how do your guys like, or you for that matter, loading jobs like these on the C3 vs the Diamond Back. How's your CTS pre-reg between the two presses, do you see a faster set up and more accurate set up on the C3? How does your team fare when running a job, say the same design on both one of your DB's and the C3, say they run both machines at say 40 doz per hour, does it beat up the DB team more than the C3 team, or is it equal. Loggin all of my homework for the near future, =)

Thanks Danny

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1130 on: February 26, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »

You've been warned.

LOL, you'll have a hard time making it all fit..... People dont realize how small my shop is until they see it, we do a ton of stuff for 2 autos and the space that we have.... No screen room, nothing like that here..... All these prints are done with us walking screens around the shop under regular lighting  :P

I am coming to your shop to see the ch3d though, that way I can show your ass how to load shirts 125 doz/hr LOL

Come on up, Shelly will slap you around if you try to push her too fast LOL.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1131 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »

Other than it being such a beast of a cool machine, how do your guys like, or you for that matter, loading jobs like these on the C3 vs the Diamond Back. How's your CTS pre-reg between the two presses, do you see a faster set up and more accurate set up on the C3? How does your team fare when running a job, say the same design on both one of your DB's and the C3, say they run both machines at say 40 doz per hour, does it beat up the DB team more than the C3 team, or is it equal. Loggin all of my homework for the near future, =)

Thanks Danny

Mike

Thanks Mike! Glad to see you back around here, for a while you were MIA..... Everything about the CH3 has made things "easier" around the shop here. Loading shirts is MUCH nicer then loading on a press with the table going up and down. We have about equal registration between the two presses but I feel like with rear clamp we have less of a chance with the screen walking when it gets clamped. Like the job I posted today(hawaii shirt) I locked the screens and was off to printing. No micro adjustment needed so I would say we get slightly better results on the ch3 then the dback as far as registration w/ triloc. When I was printing the afc bronco shirts I had the exact same job on both presses so it was a good test to see which press was more productive. For the first hour we printed 655 shirts on the dback, and in the same time we printed 984 shirts on the ch3. The 2nd hour I had my guys switch presses so I would know if it was the press guys or the press itself giving me the higher production....So with the crews swapped the 2nd hour our dback did 620 shirts and the ch3 did 960 shirts..... All my guys say running 50 doz/hr on the dback they can switch to the ch3 and run 75+ doz/hr and they feel like they are running the same speed. The ch3 makes things much much much easier and will really increase production. There's quite a few jobs that we double stroke in our shop and we can double stroke on the ch3 and still run 65 doz/hr. There's so many reasons why the ch3 indexing system is far better then the other options but I'd have to write a book on why. Let's just put it this way, I cannot replace my dback soon enough because myself and all my guys have been spoiled with the ch3.
Danny Gruninger

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1132 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
Here's another sim process one from today...... Pretty crazy deal on this one, client came in this morning(yes today) and said he has an out of state event this weekend that we would need to print and ship shirts today in order to hit their deadline. He supplied the art(a crappy flat jpeg) and I did the seps on it real quick just to get the guy something..... All in all though came out pretty dang nice for us having to turn the job the same day getting it. This was 65 lpi on this one, 6 colors all on 272 mesh

Danny Gruninger

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1133 on: February 26, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
Here's another sim process one from today...... Pretty crazy deal on this one, client came in this morning(yes today) and said he has an out of state event this weekend that we would need to print and ship shirts today in order to hit their deadline. He supplied the art(a crappy flat jpeg) and I did the seps on it real quick just to get the guy something..... All in all though came out pretty dang nice for us having to turn the job the same day getting it. This was 65 lpi on this one, 6 colors all on 272 mesh

Talking about going above and beyond. That guy must have been really happy. What did he order 12 shirts??? :D :D :D

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1134 on: February 26, 2014, 07:49:35 PM »
It was 275 shirts total and I told him only way that I'm going to shuffle jobs around was if he paid 15.75 per shirt... So we made out real good as we spent less then 2 hrs on the project total including art seps. He never said but it sounds like another shop dropped the ball on him so he was lucky he found us... We were lucky as well lol
Danny Gruninger

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #1135 on: February 26, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »
Wow, dude. That's a fast turn. Now, was this a wholesale client, or do you keep a buncha shirt stock around waiting on this kinda thing?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #1136 on: February 26, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »
Meant to post these last week....it was a happy accident with the CTS!

Forgot to change the LPI in the CTS program from 65 to 47, printed on a 230, exposed and got all the way to the test print and almost the job before we realized that. But it looked good so we left it and ran the job!

Nick

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #1137 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »

Thanks Danny

Mike

Thanks Mike! Glad to see you back around here, for a while you were MIA..... Everything about the CH3 has made things "easier" around the shop here. Loading shirts is MUCH nicer then loading on a press with the table going up and down. We have about equal registration between the two presses but I feel like with rear clamp we have less of a chance with the screen walking when it gets clamped. Like the job I posted today(hawaii shirt) I locked the screens and was off to printing. No micro adjustment needed so I would say we get slightly better results on the ch3 then the dback as far as registration w/ triloc. When I was printing the afc bronco shirts I had the exact same job on both presses so it was a good test to see which press was more productive. For the first hour we printed 655 shirts on the dback, and in the same time we printed 984 shirts on the ch3. The 2nd hour I had my guys switch presses so I would know if it was the press guys or the press itself giving me the higher production....So with the crews swapped the 2nd hour our dback did 620 shirts and the ch3 did 960 shirts..... All my guys say running 50 doz/hr on the dback they can switch to the ch3 and run 75+ doz/hr and they feel like they are running the same speed. The ch3 makes things much much much easier and will really increase production. There's quite a few jobs that we double stroke in our shop and we can double stroke on the ch3 and still run 65 doz/hr. There's so many reasons why the ch3 indexing system is far better then the other options but I'd have to write a book on why. Let's just put it this way, I cannot replace my dback soon enough because myself and all my guys have been spoiled with the ch3.

Danny, thanks for taking the time to share your input. I know myself and a few other guys I chat with are looking to our shop's futures, and wanting to make the right choices. I just had a convo with a buddy about this exact topic and in our chat we discussed, for us, what is an acceptable, "real" number that we would eventually like to see in production. Both of us say around 800 an hour gives you good solid through put on a press, and gives operators a chance to  really be on their toes and maintain quality printing, and loading ect. Other machines have these through put speeds, but now looking at how much longevity you get out of an employee between the conventional lift/lower table, vs the index. I know this is totally off topic here, so I won't take it any further, maybe a new thread can be started up where folks can share their experiences with presses that act in both manners, then the pros and cons. Happy printing guys, Danny keep up that awesome work bro!!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1138 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
Another DC blend 3 sceens

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1139 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »