Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557667 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1155 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
This is off topic, and I don't want anything more than a quick answer, but I was just thinking about auto configurations a little after watching your video and was wondering if I have this right...

It seems like the minimum number of heads you would want to output 6 color prints in an ideal situation would be 12:

1. Lint screen
2. Underbase
3. Flash
4. Roller/Cooldown
5. Color 1
6. Color 2
7. Color 3
8. Flash
9. Cooldown
10. Color 4
11. Color 5
12. Color 6

I get that on plenty of designs you wouldn't need the second flash, but it would be ideal to have those two heads if necessary vs adding another rotation.  I also know the lint and roller screens are somewhat of a luxury.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #1156 on: February 28, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »
Video of the trip around our press for the last design we posted:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=666785920046123&set=vb.458685870856130&type=2&theater

So were you guys printing two underbase screens? Discharge then white? Also a top white as well? Or was that just a lint screen in head 1?

I'm sure this is an amature question but what is a "lint screen"? We are constantly battling lint balls.

Nick

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1157 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
A screen with spray tac or some other stickiness on the under side. Usually run with curable reducer or some base to relieve friction when using a standard squeegee or nothing when using a rollwr squeegee.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1158 on: February 28, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
This is off topic, and I don't want anything more than a quick answer, but I was just thinking about auto configurations a little after watching your video and was wondering if I have this right...

It seems like the minimum number of heads you would want to output 6 color prints in an ideal situation would be 12:

1. Lint screen
2. Underbase
3. Flash
4. Roller/Cooldown
5. Color 1
6. Color 2
7. Color 3
8. Flash
9. Cooldown
10. Color 4
11. Color 5
12. Color 6

I get that on plenty of designs you wouldn't need the second flash, but it would be ideal to have those two heads if necessary vs adding another rotation.  I also know the lint and roller screens are somewhat of a luxury.

Yep, that's about ideal for plastisol or HSA. Always try to sneak a color or two in WOW before the UB/Flash.  It took getting our first auto for me to really wrap my head around the whole concept and see how slow jobs run that get revolved. Just purchased a kool mist to help get us through until we can grab a bigger press.  I sized in our new shop for a 12 color, possible fit for a 14, doubt we'll be able to afford a new 14 but I'm going to try like all hell to get a 12-14 head, particularly if we roll with more HSA, it seems to need an extra screen v. plasti. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:25:28 PM by ZooCity »

Offline ScreenPrinter123

What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1159 on: March 01, 2014, 07:56:12 AM »
We were initially thinking a 10 color, but boy are we glad we got the 12 (which is the biggest we can fit due to the width of our building).  There have been quite a few times where it would have taken more effort to print certain jobs on a 10 than a 12.  That whole "buy the biggest you can fit" mentality has some merit to it.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1160 on: March 01, 2014, 08:01:31 AM »
The second flash is often important just to prevent your highlight white from shifting due to ink from the shirt getting into the ink side of the screen on long runs.  This run was 3000 pieces so a second flash can help you run for longer before needing to stop for a variety of reasons

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1161 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »
Here's one we just ran for st pats day..... The client places the same order each year so this is just a reprint...... This one is 4 colors, 65 lpi all done on 272 mesh..... Looks really awesome in person.... I'll post up some more sim process stuff here this week

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1162 on: March 10, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
awesome again Danny!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1163 on: March 13, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
And another one we are rolling today.... This one ended up being 9 colors, 65 lpi on this one.... Base white, flash, grey, light blue, yellow, orange, dark blue, red, black, white

Danny Gruninger

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1164 on: March 13, 2014, 06:37:41 PM »
We're trying to do one tomorrow that hopefully we'll get right so I can post.  Having some issues right now with it doing some sampling on the manual but it looks like I'm gonna have to take over the auto for an hour to get this thing looking good so the customer can approve it.  I'll keep yall posted. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1165 on: March 13, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
Danny, jesus I hate you.  Your prints all look insane. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1166 on: March 13, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.....  ;D

I really can't wait until we get our i image ste.... Print quality is going to be better then our lawson dts for sure......

Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1167 on: March 13, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »

I really can't wait until we get our i image ste.... Print quality is going to be better then our lawson dts for sure......

Im gonna fly out to your shop, seriously and im going to plant my ass in all your processes, im going to buy you a crap ton of beer until I know everything you know.  Then I will leave. 

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1168 on: March 13, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »

Im gonna fly out to your shop, seriously and im going to plant my ass in all your processes, im going to buy you a crap ton of beer until I know everything you know.  Then I will leave.

I'll be drunk after the first 6 pack actually more like 4 pack then nobody will learn anything but what a lightweight I am.....  ;) Once we get the i image ste and uni kote our shop will be 100% blue so wait to come out for that..... I'll let you test drive them as dts and coating might be your next purchase LOL

Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1169 on: March 13, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »

I'll be drunk after the first 6 pack actually more like 4 pack then nobody will learn anything but what a lightweight I am.....  ;) Once we get the i image ste and uni kote our shop will be 100% blue so wait to come out for that..... I'll let you test drive them as dts and coating might be your next purchase LOL

We dont have the volume YET.  But I am working on some stuff.  I just need to see how some shops run that are doing move volume.