Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557466 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1185 on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:13 PM »
seriously...I am always impressed by what seem to be his everyday prints.

I have JUST started doing some sim process and higher mesh stuff and pushing myself now that I have a quality press that can hold great registration, but I'm still so far away from outputting something like he posts.  At least I know what to aim for in the future!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1186 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »
Thanks guys, believe me when I say our stuff used to look horrible.... It really did, sometimes I look back at some of our older prints and think holy cow how did we think this is good LOL.....

What is impressive here is setup and tear down..... So here's a photo of a hoodie that we printed with the same design but much smaller artwork. We timed ourself from tearing down the t-shirt job, loading up the new hoodie screens, inks, doing test print etc....... Total time from start to finish(time we unloaded the last t-shirt to the time we printed the first hoodie) was only 10 minutes 47 seconds.......Me and 1 other guy doing it all.... I'm more impressed with the fact that we did that then how this print looks!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1187 on: March 19, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »

DUUUDE!!!! You have a co-axial Seamaster!!!!! Holy crap! That is one serious piece of horological hardware! I am jealous now!

pierre

I wear it 75% of the time, I love it more than any other piece I've got and I can't go more than a couple of days without wearing it.  It takes a beating here at the shop and I don't take it off unless I'm putting it on the winder.  It will be in the family for a long time I hope.  The best part about it is I got it at a 50% discount from a jewelry store that was going out of business and for some reason it sat around till the last day and the sales guy told me to take it home at 50% off and I said we got a deal.  I still can't believe nobody bought it before I did and I had kept an eye on it for about a week.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1188 on: March 19, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »
Thanks guys, believe me when I say our stuff used to look horrible.... It really did, sometimes I look back at some of our older prints and think holy cow how did we think this is good LOL.....

What is impressive here is setup and tear down..... So here's a photo of a hoodie that we printed with the same design but much smaller artwork. We timed ourself from tearing down the t-shirt job, loading up the new hoodie screens, inks, doing test print etc....... Total time from start to finish(time we unloaded the last t-shirt to the time we printed the first hoodie) was only 10 minutes 47 seconds.......Me and 1 other guy doing it all.... I'm more impressed with the fact that we did that then how this print looks!

Thats impressive.  Your putting on a clinic here sir.  Im coming out for lessons soon as we are under control here. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1189 on: March 20, 2014, 11:56:28 AM »
I really thought my phone took better pictures than what's showing on my posts, their terrible, pixelated and grainy from 3 feet away...13 megapixels must not be what it used to be. 

You guys taking decent pics with a phone camera, any suggestions on how to increase the quality somewhat?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1190 on: March 20, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
as with any digital camera, it's all in how much light you can get into the sensor.  The little lenses on these things don't let a lot of light in, so you get grain and pixelation

best camera phone pics seem to be taken outdoors in sun...

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1191 on: March 20, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
Here's another one from today.... Client of ours from overseas that is having the first night f1 race over there coming up in a couple weeks. Pretty basic on this one but really nice tones for printing blacks/whites for the tonals...... 2 reds, 1 blue, black and white

Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1192 on: March 21, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1193 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:05 AM »
^^^

That little shop speed and chassis shirt design is badass! Sweet art on that..... Nice printing son

Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1194 on: March 21, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
^^^

That little shop speed and chassis shirt design is badass! Sweet art on that..... Nice printing son

Thanks, our artist isn't your guy but he's not bad at all. 

Offline starchild

« Reply #1195 on: March 21, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »
^^^

I'm glad to know I've got good taste because I say the same thing.. That little shop print stands out.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #1196 on: March 21, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
Also my favorite...Well done sir

Chris

Offline prozyan

« Reply #1197 on: March 21, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Danny's stuff is crazy, as usual, but Brandt doesn't give himself near enough credit.  His stuff is also top notch.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1198 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:09 PM »
Our stuff is so incredibly boring compared to most of the posted prints but I'm sure somebody can appreciate the junk we have to wade through for the occasional sweet print.  Crappy 7 color that sucks to print because 1) It sucks artistically 2) It's boring 3) It's not cool 4) It sucks technically 5) It's on 50/50's 6) It's on 3 different colored garments 7) That should be enough but there's more
1.Navy
2.Black
3.Base
4.Flash
6.Tan
7.Red
8.Flash
9.Gray
10.White

And we're still playing with this one and we've improved it a little bit but there is only so much we can do without control of the art.  I know I feel handcuffed a bit and my artist does for sure with this one.  It's an easy print technically speaking and watching it morph into different prints simply by changing squeegee speed or pressure by a few psi is pretty cool. 

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1199 on: March 21, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »
Danny's stuff is crazy, as usual, but Brandt doesn't give himself near enough credit.  His stuff is also top notch.

Thanks lots to learn.