Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557484 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1215 on: April 03, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
how many flashes/cool downs for you on something like this?

2 flashes, 1 after base and one after 485 red... cool down only after the first flash but no cool after 2nd flash..We are running press at 74 doz hr as that is max for our dryer with this size design/ink deposit with our other press feeding it at 55doz/hr.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1216 on: April 04, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
Here's a quick little cell phone video of us printing the shirt I posted above...... 2 days of printing down and only 800 shirts to finish.... Sorry for the crap video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKCrCt5rno
Danny Gruninger

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1217 on: April 05, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »
Here's a quick little cell phone video of us printing the shirt I posted above...... 2 days of printing down and only 800 shirts to finish.... Sorry for the crap video

Nice! Dryer is an issue. What you are missing in production speeds would more than pay twice for a larger dryer. Sure you know this but sooner is better than later in this case.
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1218 on: April 05, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »

Nice! Dryer is an issue. What you are missing in production speeds would more than pay twice for a larger dryer. Sure you know this but sooner is better than later in this case.

Yeah our dryer is the biggest bottle neck in our shop now when we run these type of jobs. I figured just yesterday alone we could have printed 2200 more shirts if we had a sprint 2000 compared to our mini. I have two contractors coming to do bids on expanding our walls early next week so depending on how that goes we might put an order in for the dryer immediately after finalizing the plans to expand our space this week I'm hoping. I'll be in touch regarding the dryer asap. BTW, our uni-kote is kicking major ass for us. This past week was our first week coating screens with it and we've seen a HUGE improvement with our screens. I never realized how crappy our screens were until we started using the uni kote. You guys hit a home run with it, I could not be more thrilled with how it works.

Danny Gruninger

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1219 on: April 05, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »

Yeah our dryer is the biggest bottle neck in our shop now when we run these type of jobs. I figured just yesterday alone we could have printed 2200 more shirts if we had a sprint 2000 compared to our mini. I have two contractors coming to do bids on expanding our walls early next week so depending on how that goes we might put an order in for the dryer immediately after finalizing the plans to expand our space this week I'm hoping. I'll be in touch regarding the dryer asap. BTW, our uni-kote is kicking major ass for us. This past week was our first week coating screens with it and we've seen a HUGE improvement with our screens. I never realized how crappy our screens were until we started using the uni kote. You guys hit a home run with it, I could not be more thrilled with how it works.
thanks. When does the I-image get installed?
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1220 on: April 07, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
Rich, our I Image is going to be installed tomorrow! We cannot wait to start doing some really great prints with it! I've had some time to look over the I Image real close vs our Lawson and it's 10 times the machine. People need to understand the machines are nowhere near the same! LOL

Here's a couple jobs we ran today, both of them are 8 color prints on black shirts(2 whites included in that)

Danny Gruninger

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #1221 on: April 07, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Here's a print we are running today..... Scott did the seps on this one and it ended up being 6 colors plus 2 whites including the base. Have 14,000 of these badboys to start printing today, going to be green around here for a bit..... LOL

Danny, the print looks great!  Thanks for sharing.  These drink bottles must be a new trend.  Here's another one I did seps on the same week. 7 colors, print by ITA Printing in PA.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1222 on: April 07, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
Pretty crappy pix and the print is lacking in many facets, but there are few pretty good elements in it. The face as small as it is, has nice tones to it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1223 on: April 07, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
Very nice guys, Pierre I need to talk with you about some seps you help me with last year....

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1224 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:51 AM »
Pierre that looks awesome! Is this a single underbase print or combination with discharge? Looks really good everywhere imo. Edit- after looking at the print further this is one of if not the best print I've seen on this thread as far as I'm concerned. The faint script, helmet details, continous tones.... yeah it's extemely well sepped and printed everyone involved did amazing. Post more!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:12:56 AM by DannyGruninger »
Danny Gruninger

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1225 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:08 AM »
Pierre that looks awesome! Is this a single underbase print or combination with discharge? Looks really good everywhere imo. Edit- after looking at the print further this is one of if not the best print I've seen on this thread as far as I'm concerned. The faint script, helmet details, continous tones.... yeah it's extemely well sepped and printed everyone involved did amazing. Post more!!!  ;)

thanx Danny!
As much as I'd like it to be, the fuzzy pix makes it look better than it really is. As mentioned, some of the elements are pretty good, but there is some garment and mesh interference, some of the colors could have been closer and we did lose dots on the lower end that created slight banding in some of the transitions. It is probably a 6-6.5 on a 10 scale. I think our best work is in the 8's.

Just a regular underbase, nothing special other than we had to match a printed shirt and who ever printed it the first time around had changed colors! We had to make adjustments so it would look like the sample shirt.

230 ubase, 305 on top. 7 colors, 55lpi, EZ frames. One flash, one revolution, two strokes on ubase (this is our standard way of doing sim process due to the head count (8/10) and ink system that requires a bright ubase).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1226 on: April 08, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »
Danny and Pierre both look awesome. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1227 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1228 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
Those look awesome!  Were those sepped in SepStudio?  What lpi were the films and what mesh counts?

This is slightly off topic, but how do you get the random dot pattern instead of the uniform pattern?  Are these being output as index seps or is the diffusion dot an option in your rip?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:23:09 AM by mimosatexas »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1229 on: April 08, 2014, 10:25:15 AM »
Those look awesome!  Were those sepped in SepStudio?  What lpi were the films and what mesh counts?

This is slightly off topic, but how do you get the random dot pattern instead of the uniform pattern?

Yup Sep Studio.  230's mostly.  Not sure what LPI she used. 

Where specifically do you mean on the dot pattern?