Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557612 times)

Offline Underbase37

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1275 on: April 23, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
That's looking like a pretty good mach. Try not to drive yourself crazy &  beat yourself up. I did this to myself the other day nitpicking my strikeoff to death, in the end I was happy with the print but something's just don't translate from one medium to the other. It shows you care.

Murphy37

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1276 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:37 AM »
Danny, WOW that looks flippin awesome . The blue tones are just great & that scarecrow makes for some cool subject matter.

Murphy37

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1277 on: April 27, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
Nice looking prints everyone !

Brandt, Nice looking print! do you mind sharing the details? Colors ?  screens?

Thanks,
Matt

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1278 on: May 02, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
Thought I would put something up for what I think someone petitioned for to be national screen printing day. Not sure if this went anywhere.

Murphy37

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1279 on: May 02, 2014, 06:37:41 PM »
Thought I would put something up for what I think someone petitioned for to be national screen printing day. Not sure if this went anywhere.

Murphy37

I got a print from another shop to recreate a few months back and the image was a lot like that one in that it had a lot of black coverage with finer line images in between and I swear to you the black was at least 2 layers thick if not 3.  I think it was pfpfp and it was the closest thing I've ever seen to a shirt that might actually slow down a bullet.  It for sure would stop a pellet or BB gun.  We gave the shirt back to the customer but I wish I had it back so we could send it from shop to shop so you guys could experience that shirt, it was simply amazing to think someone got paid to print that thing.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1280 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »

Murphy37

I got a print from another shop to recreate a few months back and the image was a lot like that one in that it had a lot of black coverage with finer line images in between and I swear to you the black was at least 2 layers thick if not 3.  I think it was pfpfp and it was the closest thing I've ever seen to a shirt that might actually slow down a bullet.  It for sure would stop a pellet or BB gun.  We gave the shirt back to the customer but I wish I had it back so we could send it from shop to shop so you guys could experience that shirt, it was simply amazing to think someone got paid to print that thing.

That crazy I don't think I could wear something that thick on my back & work all day.

Murphy37

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1281 on: May 03, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
dammit guys, these are amazing! I sure hope the custy appreciates the badassness they are wearing.

danny, who does your art/seps? that fella needs a raise.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1282 on: May 04, 2014, 01:51:12 PM »
6 color on hand towels.  This actually went a lot smoother than I thought it would.  280's on all screens.  The flame isn't all that great but the art is what it is and we didn't have the OK to change anything.

This was a monster to print.  The top colors were not very good for wet on wet printing so we had to put a second revolution on this print which we hate doing but I had to get this off the press and move on.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1283 on: May 04, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
We don't get to post to much of the stuff we do but was extremely happy with how this one came out considering it was on a Augusta reversible jersey.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1284 on: May 04, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
Here's another we did on Comfort Colors.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1285 on: May 04, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
Yeah Alan I hate those big blotchy underbases to lay colors on top of.  It makes it pretty tough to get by with 1 rotation.  I had a similar job the other day.  Still you done a nice job on that. 

Binkspot that looks good for such a small elephant.  Looks like great registration from where I'm sitting.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1286 on: May 04, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
Yeah Alan I hate those big blotchy underbases to lay colors on top of.  It makes it pretty tough to get by with 1 rotation.  I had a similar job the other day.  Still you done a nice job on that. 

Binkspot that looks good for such a small elephant.  Looks like great registration from where I'm sitting.

Thanks, and to make things worse, they were 50/50's so we used the more problematic poly ink just so I won't have to worry about bleed.  It's a good poly ink but the best poly white doesn't touch the average cotton whites we use.

Bink, love those, especially that beach week print, looks pro.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1287 on: May 04, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »

Alan,  I\m usually not one to question spelling and grammar :0 and I know this was customer provided art, but shouldn't it say "I Survived instead of "I Survive" ?   Good seps and good printing.

The first, 600th, and 1100th prints of this run.

Not one micro was touched from putting the screens on press to the final print.  We did one test print, changed out the red to a better one, then ran it.  7 color sim process.  Base, flash, flesh tone 1, flesh tone 2, 185 red, 102 yellow, black, top white.  You can see some detail loss from the test print to the last shirt but we were on a bit of time crunch on this one and literally didn't have a minute to spare.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1288 on: May 04, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »
They did use "2" instead of "to"...I think proper grammar wasn't crucial.  Great print either way.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1289 on: May 05, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »

Alan,  I\m usually not one to question spelling and grammar :0 and I know this was customer provided art, but shouldn't it say "I Survived instead of "I Survive" ?   Good seps and good printing.

The first, 600th, and 1100th prints of this run.

Not one micro was touched from putting the screens on press to the final print.  We did one test print, changed out the red to a better one, then ran it.  7 color sim process.  Base, flash, flesh tone 1, flesh tone 2, 185 red, 102 yellow, black, top white.  You can see some detail loss from the test print to the last shirt but we were on a bit of time crunch on this one and literally didn't have a minute to spare.

You weren't the only one to question it.  I just kept the questions to myself and printed it :).  Something tells me the demo that the shirts were printed for could give a damn about the grammar, I could be wrong though...but I doubt it :)