Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557649 times)

Offline Croft

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1305 on: May 28, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »
Heres one we did last week , we mostly do flat colour corporate stuff , but really like printing these orders . Scott at my seps did another awesome job, this was done on a 6 colour auto. 195 mesh white 230 for everything lease

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1306 on: May 28, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
That looks grate.

Murphy37

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1307 on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:16 AM »
Shitty cell phone pics, but here is a couple.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1308 on: May 28, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »
nice work!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1309 on: June 04, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
I find the clouds to be the absolute hardest thing to print. They are so soft and puffy with subtle gradients and full range of fades from 0-100%. For the most part they just end up merging into a flat background with very little definition, just some random light and dark spots in the background.

We added a white to this to get the better transitions and softer blending. Yes, it actually looked OK without it, but the extra color made it look better. Much of the white is overprinting the purple to soften everything up.
45lpi on 230 mesh.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1310 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:57 PM »
P that print is terrible, just terrible ;D you know I'm pulling your chain, once again very nice, and the clouds do look great, crisp and clean.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1311 on: June 04, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »
Nice print. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1312 on: June 05, 2014, 07:28:13 AM »
This one was not easy on a 10 color press.  7 spot colors, lots of wow on this one but one revolution and one stroke on all.

The art wasn't good on this one either and it could have been much better had we had more freedom to change it but it is what it is.

Not great art and it doesn't pop all that well but the print is technically sound.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1313 on: June 05, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »
Alan, all of those are sweet, especially the Lauren Concrete.  Very nice!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1314 on: June 10, 2014, 06:21:49 PM »
Here is a 6 color job that came out pretty cool. ( at least for us! )

Matt

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1315 on: June 10, 2014, 06:26:09 PM »
Here's a few that were all printed today...... The thunder on mountain is 8 color, the romes is 3 colors, and the dark star is 7 colors total. All of these had opposite sides with just as many colors and all got done today on 1 press. We setup close to 50 screens total on just the ch3 today for these jobs plus a couple others. Each order was 300+ pcs as well so we crushed today on our ch3. Artwork on the dso was supplied by client and had some pretty harsh blends going on so we just left it alone....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1316 on: June 10, 2014, 11:27:38 PM »
Danny if you have any Dark Star rejects or one that doesn't make it in the box send it my way.:D:D

Murphy37

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1317 on: June 16, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »
Here's a print we are running this morning. Came out really nice for the limited amount of colors. Black, White, Red... This is printed all wet on wet with no flashing to get these tones, 55 lpi on the print. 272 mesh

Danny Gruninger

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #1318 on: June 16, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Hey Danny, wanted to let you know that I visited with my friends at Andy's T's last week, and when I bitched to my buddy  Ron, their head art honcho, about not seeing him here on the board much,  he brought up your name as the guy who impresses him with the prints that you display here.

Good praise because they do pretty well at Andy's as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1319 on: June 16, 2014, 05:45:54 PM »
Hey Danny, wanted to let you know that I visited with my friends at Andy's T's last week, and when I bitched to my buddy  Ron, their head art honcho, about not seeing him here on the board much,  he brought up your name as the guy who impresses him with the prints that you display here.

Good praise because they do pretty well at Andy's as well.

That's awesome Andy, thanks for sharing that! I know we don't hold a candle to those guys right now so to hear them say that is really awesome! It would be nice to see some shops like their's jump on here and post up some prints. I know it's good motivation for me to see what other shops are doing not to mention it's fun seeing everyone's printing.

Danny Gruninger