Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558483 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »
To tell you the truth, Ron doesn't come by much any more because of the lack of artists participation here in general.

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy - No one comes because no one comes.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Croft

« Reply #1321 on: June 16, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »
Heres one from last friday 4 col all 230 mesh

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1322 on: June 21, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »
Printed 600 of these today, from about the 3rd print onwards, every one was perfect... gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Seps were done by Scott from myseps.com

Print order:

6 color, 55lpi
White Base, lt Gray, Yellow, Red, White, Black

I've never done black last before... but in this case it really worked and made the print look awesome.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #1323 on: June 21, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
Printed 600 of these today, from about the 3rd print onwards, every one was perfect... gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Print order:

6 color, 55lpi

I've never done black last before... but in this case it really worked and made the print look awesome.

Nice print!  What mesh counts did you run?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1324 on: June 21, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
200 for the underbase, 305 everything else.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1325 on: June 21, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
3 color discharge/wb greyscale print. Manual seps by me. 200 Cool Grey 8 and Black, and 180 White.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1326 on: June 25, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
Here's one from last Friday.  Base on a 225/40, one stroke, flash, black, and all other 4 colors on 280's with one stroke, then the top white was through a 280.  I can't believe how bright the white was with single strokes through high mesh counts, it's 100% opaque and usually that little ink deposited doesn't give you 100% blockage of the shirt fibers.  We were given another shirt to copy so we didn't have any real art to work with and we didn't have to hit any colors dead on so it was an easy sim process.   My phone is getting worse at taking decent pics so I apologize for that and the middle pic isn't that dark in person, it pops a good bit more than the pics indicate although the first pic shows it much better than the second.  The bottom/3rd pic is the art we were given, love it when it's just a printed shirt and it's funny but many of our sim process jobs come to us that way. 

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1327 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »
Ok guys tear it apart can't get better unless you know what you did wrong  CYMK inks are from Rivercitygraphicsupply all 230 yellow mesh 1 print stroke except for the yellow 2 strokes...I don't care what ink it is I've had trouble with my yellow plate and it's comes from my seps that I do.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1328 on: June 26, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
Never printed a CMYK or CYMK in my life, but looks ok to me.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1329 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:14 PM »
Yep darryle, can't complain about that.

The thing that seems to work for me is that once I'm done with making sure I have all my ducks in a row for my CMYK, I always take it another step and back off of the % content mostly in the 60-70% range. I look at those areas closely. Lastly, I look at the color balance in the extreme show range.
In this area, many separators will take out all if the color content and only use black or a 2nd black for deep dark solid areas. I do look at trying to get "image" or color differences in these dark areas where there it's leading towards the blackest areas. It's a fine line ad in print, with black overprinting, you need to exaggerate the color in those areas and also leave the black a little more open to allow it to show through and be recognized.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #1330 on: June 27, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »
Impressive D... once you get the CMYK set up they print like wild fire...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1331 on: June 27, 2014, 05:28:39 PM »
So we printed some shirts for a local guy the other day and he rejected them.  Then we were sent a pic of the shirts he rejected last year, and on that pic was the shirts he accepted this year that he had printed somewhere else today.  Now I understand if someone doesn't really like the use or the look of a trough on prints like this but to print this image and keep the colors clean without going around 7 or 8 times we use the trough method quite often.  I believe we could use a slimmer trough in the future and we will look into it for sure.  I'm ok if the guy says that he doesn't really like the trough look but to refuse them and then get the shirts printed somewhere else that don't look near as good as our print just pissed me off.  The top pic is the two shirts that another shop printed and the bottom shirt in the first pic is the ones printed today to replace our "junk" print that wasn't worth throwing off of his float that he will be riding in this weekend for an "event".

Other shops prints:

Our print up close and further away:

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline easyscore

« Reply #1332 on: June 27, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »
I would throw him and crappy shirts from the other printer off the float. Print looks great and in this case the 3-5 foot rule is in effect. I'm sure you really can't see the trough from that distance.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #1333 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
Cross out the A, U, and N with a sharpie, print an R over the T..  Voila, new work shirts.

You can thank me later.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:12:38 PM by sqslabs »
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1334 on: June 28, 2014, 07:37:15 AM »

Print order:

6 color, 55lpi

Great looking print.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube