Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557489 times)

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1395 on: August 13, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »
We are on our sixth day of nonstop poly uniforms and poly bags. Nothing spectacular about this print, 3 color all Top Score. Not the retail price tag of $65 or the fact it's custom with min orders and six weeks delivery form Germany. It's the printing between the ribbing that sucks, reaks havock on the screens.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1396 on: August 15, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
That's a pretty impressive  print going on poly especially dealing with seams we all hate.  The only thing worst for me is dealing with buttons.  I don't get a call for that much thankfully.

This is one that's not that impressive but I figured I'd post atleast something since I haven't in a while.  Dan sepped this for me about 2 years ago and I've reprinted several times.  This was the first time I printed it using screens printed with the i image. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1397 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
Thats impressive knowing that it's going from films to the DTS and from what I remember, looks the same. looks great.  Nice one.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1398 on: August 20, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
this one was rough. Misunderstanding from the start so we went off in teh wrong direction. Took a day to get back to where we were heading. I think this is the longest we've ever sampled a job.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #1399 on: August 20, 2014, 04:06:57 PM »
We are on our sixth day of nonstop poly uniforms and poly bags. Nothing spectacular about this print, 3 color all Top Score. Not the retail price tag of $65 or the fact it's custom with min orders and six weeks delivery form Germany. It's the printing between the ribbing that sucks, reaks havock on the screens.

Brian, you using WF mixing system with Top Score Base for color inks?  What is the hand like? What mesh screens lpi? If you do not mind sharing.  Good looking print.

Chris

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #1400 on: August 20, 2014, 04:24:16 PM »
That looks AMAZING P!

Specs?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #1401 on: August 20, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
Wow! That print is insane, Pierre.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1402 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
That looks AMAZING P!

Specs?

you don't want to know! ubase on 230, everything else on 305.
brown, black,white, red, gold and tan to make those skin tones happen. Trying to balance it all was just crazy. It started with just red and gold, but we kept adding more and more to get the depth.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1403 on: August 20, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
Seriously Pierre, holy crap that's amazing.

Chris, not using the top score with the mixing system yet but once a need comes up I'll do it.
Nothing fancy top score white for a base the same for top and then top score orange. 155 as a base because the material is a rough finish and  230, 230 mesh, 50lpi.
Hand is not heavy, the top score leaves a softer or more flexible then epic finish.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #1404 on: August 20, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »
Thanks Brian.

Pierre that is a very nice print, can you share specifics, screens, colors, run order?

Chris

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1405 on: August 20, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »
After Pierre posting that print, should we just close this thread??  ;D

Amazing work!
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1406 on: August 20, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
After Pierre posting that print, should we just close this thread??  ;D

Amazing work!

I got nothing..... Close the thread  ::)

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1407 on: August 20, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
Thanks Brian.

Pierre that is a very nice print, can you share specifics, screens, colors, run order?

Chris

see above for the colors and specs. 55lpi at 22.5 deg. Unimatch inks, seps by yours truly (Dan was busy). about 3k pieces, not done yet, this is the proof. Printing on Friday. 7 colors total, blue was not in the skin tones. 2 strokes on the ubase due to poor planning on my end, everything else one.

pierre

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1408 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »
here's a bigger version. Did not want to clog up the bandwidth, but it's worth a look. . .

pierre

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1409 on: August 20, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »
damn hell P, that chit is bananas...you better get it right or he bust you one in the face.

truly amazing P, great seps...

sampling time?

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...