Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557583 times)

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1440 on: August 26, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Discharge under simulated top.

Extreme - those are awesome. I know of the company the Ernest shirt belongs to. Have you been printing for them for a while?

Can't comment on that as it's contract. Probably shouldn't be posting my work on here because it's all mainly contract stuff but other printers are the only ones that appreciate it. LOL

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #1441 on: August 26, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
Ah, ok, I got it. I think I know the deal now. I used the same company before I started printing my own stuff so there's even a chance you've printed some of my shirts. That's why I was curious. =)

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1442 on: August 26, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
Ah, ok, I got it. I think I know the deal now. I used the same company before I started printing my own stuff so there's even a chance you've printed some of my shirts. That's why I was curious. =)

You are prolly right, what kind of printing was it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1443 on: August 26, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »
Here's a shirt that we printed as part of our own clothing line...... The print was really nice so we ended up submitting one of these into impressions contest as we had about 2 dozen extra shirts on this run. The guys that said they wanted a promo shirt from us, this is what I sent out so enjoy it when you get it! Pretty straight forward sim process style print on this using 8 colors plus base. We setup, changed out 1 color and ran them.

BTW, this was printed 100% on static frames  ;D

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #1444 on: August 26, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Here's a shirt that we printed as part of our own clothing line...... The print was really nice so we ended up submitting one of these into impressions contest as we had about 2 dozen extra shirts on this run. The guys that said they wanted a promo shirt from us, this is what I sent out so enjoy it when you get it! Pretty straight forward sim process style print on this using 8 colors plus base. We setup, changed out 1 color and ran them.

BTW, this was printed 100% on static frames  ;D

Wow. You get some amazing vibrancy and depth in your prints. And static frames? Dude.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1445 on: August 26, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »
Beautiful shirt. You will make bank on that one depending on how it's sold (direct to end users) or via retail stores. retail stores are where you will grow legs at first, but direct sales (via the net) is where you will make far more profit. In the end, over time, you make more profit via retail stores.

A slight critique on the line if I may.

The only thing missing that is key for retail line is...Identity.  Who are you?  This art and printing says NICE, BEAUTIFUL, OUTSTANDING. Right up there with or surpasses a Ron Jon's or Margaritaville, but says nothing about who you are or what brand "you" are.  I'm sure you will have some left chest print that may have an identifier, but look at the backs of these.  FRONT and BACK exposure. Most times, they are LARGE and PROUD built into the design.  I wouldn't suggest to revise these. Just maybe keep that min mind on the next few.

http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/men/apparel/tees.aspx

http://lifestyle.margaritavilleretail.com/margartaville-flying-team-butter.html
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1446 on: August 26, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »
Extreme, that is some really nice stuff. Would love to see more, but I do understand the contract thing, our client can be hit or miss on that as well so I don't post much as well....not that what we have been printing lately is as impressive as yours, Danny's, Pierre's, & some others on here lately.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #1447 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
I love this thread... 8)
Dale Hoyal

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1448 on: August 26, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »
Danny, I absolutely love the color on that print...S-Mesh statics?

BTW I would love to get get one of those promo shirts......also if you are running the Bronco "FAN" shirts again this year I will totally buy a few off you.8)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1449 on: August 26, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »
Really impressive print Danny.  You tired of hearing that yet?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1450 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Thanks guys, anyone that wants a shirt let me know.... I still have some left over that I'll send to board members if they want..... I actually think the print looks as vibrant or more in person then the photo shows but the guys that get their shirts can be the judge on that..... Would be cool for us to start sharing some actual shirts so we can all compare.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1451 on: August 26, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »
very, very nice work!

can we see some more?

who is doing the seps and how many colors are you using to print?

pierre

Pierre, I do all the seps mostly using software like vuerite and then I pull and customize each channel, the software just helps me pull some data but alot of it I pull by hand. We do close to 60 process jobs a week and it's taken me a few years to get really good at it. I pretty much just look at each channel and can tell how it will prints based on percentages. My seps never look good on screen though. LOL

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1452 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
Thought this was a cool one, was discharge under through a 305 and all 305 tops screens, 10 total. Highlight was ran right after the base and flash wet on wet all the way.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1453 on: August 26, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »
One more, I will sync my phone a try to post some more.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2014, 10:22:06 PM »
Thanks guys, anyone that wants a shirt let me know.... I still have some left over that I'll send to board members if they want..... I actually think the print looks as vibrant or more in person then the photo shows but the guys that get their shirts can be the judge on that..... Would be cool for us to start sharing some actual shirts so we can all compare.
I'd love one, mostly just to see one of your prints in person since everything you post is super impressive.  I'll shoot you a PM.