Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557813 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1680 on: October 30, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »
How much if any does running discharge UB slow your production? Obviously you have to slow the dryer down.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1681 on: October 30, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
I knew you would Danny ;). And no, you don't necessarily have to slow the dryer down. We don't do DC/UB often but when we do, we don't play with the dryer speed/temp.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1682 on: October 30, 2014, 03:59:45 PM »
We did a side by side on a job a year ago and I honestly preferred the plastisol base due to the vibrancy of the print.  The colors popped more.  Here is today's print (with a slightly blurry picture now that I am looking at it on my computer and not my phone which took it):

225 S underbase
7 colors on 330S
Shimmer Gold on 180S

We wanted to adjust the separations but there was no time so we ran with it.  Could be much better but far better than what what we were producing two years ago.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1683 on: October 31, 2014, 12:09:42 AM »
In the shop doing some sampling tonight and here's one I did..... 7 colors on this one, discharge base plastic on top....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1684 on: October 31, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
Here's one from today.... One of my favorite prints that we've done here in a while..... Discharge base on this one with plastic on top.... 55 lpi on this one, single strokes around the press  :D
Danny Gruninger

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1685 on: October 31, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »
fantastic print!  How many colors?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1686 on: October 31, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »
I cut one screen out on this so we made it with a total of 9 screens....... 6 colors, underbase, top white, black

Danny Gruninger

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1687 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
The zoo print is dynamite, not that I expected anything less from a US Recognition print.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1688 on: November 02, 2014, 11:05:34 PM »
Discharge underbase is the way to go in my opinion. Tony is right you do get smoother transitions and all around prints. At least that is what works for us. We do either water base on top or plastisol or a combo of both. And all wet on wet. Then of course there is straight up discharge by itself. I could never go back to white plastisol unless the garment demanded it. That is just me and every shop is different but it works for us. We still have a long way to go but by this coming Spring I see us using far less plastisol. And being in New Orleans with humidity water base inks just flow.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1689 on: November 02, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »
Then of course you have the straight up one or two color prints that I could not imagine printing anything but discharge ink. Just in time for Halloween haha!

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1690 on: November 06, 2014, 05:00:22 AM »
water base...

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1691 on: November 06, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
Magnaperl silver + Magna Pigments and High Build

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1692 on: November 06, 2014, 06:20:20 AM »
water base...

Nice Serg. Reminds me of some of the work we did at Harlequin where we had the dye house discharge dye black shirts; incorporating our ink colors and matching to dyestuffs. Print would fade into dye treatment just as you have done. Mirror Image picked up on it. Sadly the days of Stalking Jaguar and Red Eyed Tree Frogs have long since past. Good to see the technique is still alive.
tp

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1693 on: November 06, 2014, 07:15:19 AM »
water base...

Nice Serg. Reminds me of some of the work we did at Harlequin where we had the dye house discharge dye black shirts; incorporating our ink colors and matching to dyestuffs. Print would fade into dye treatment just as you have done. Mirror Image picked up on it. Sadly the days of Stalking Jaguar and Red Eyed Tree Frogs have long since past. Good to see the technique is still alive.
tp
In Russia it is very popular  :)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1694 on: November 06, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
Ok I've seen some awesome prints, but I'm having a problem with that monkey print it looks dam good to good and IMHO it looks photoshop on the shirt.  I will apologize in advance if I'm wrong and my unprofessional eyes are seeing wrong, but dude if that's the real mccoy my hats off to you big time.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!