Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557481 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1725 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
Bingo!

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #1726 on: November 07, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
Oh...so those are the guys with Three Wolf Moon that took off on Amazon. Nice work.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1727 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:41 AM »
She told me she's getting me this one this year, I approved.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #1728 on: November 07, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
Bingo!

That was my next guess!!  I swear!  :D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1729 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »

ScreenPrinter123

That is a nice design. Very colorful and vibrant on the black tee.  Did you all design that as well as print it?

We did a side by side on a job a year ago and I honestly preferred the plastisol base due to the vibrancy of the print.  The colors popped more.  Here is today's print (with a slightly blurry picture now that I am looking at it on my computer and not my phone which took it):

225 S underbase
7 colors on 330S
Shimmer Gold on 180S

We wanted to adjust the separations but there was no time so we ran with it.  Could be much better but far better than what what we were producing two years ago.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1730 on: November 07, 2014, 01:10:46 PM »
Fellers I don't want to bash this guy, but I thinking he is using a style of printing I've never seen or done which is not hard for me, Tonypep seems to know about it.  I looked at Danny's bear print and compare the two seems like the same style of printing both are killer prints now I'll  :-X it and say nice prints.

So you've never seen The Mountain prints?

http://shop.themountain.me/t-shirts-adult/?sort=bestselling

I've seen those prints but just a glance and never thought about it, but no I've never seen there site until yesterday, I would love to see how they print those and take a closer look...I need to get out more :-[

darryl

I'll tell ya, Daryl, ya gotta hold one in your hand, the work is fantastic.

Steve

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1731 on: November 07, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
The key is either owning a dye op or working closely with one as a partner. There was one at HNG where the top half of the dyestuffs were wavy blue patterns and the bottom half were grainy tans and creams ie specialty dip dye. Print was Baby Sea Turtles with tracks. The obvious effect was the baby turts exiting the water for dry land. Wearable art for sure. And a price tag to go with it. Wholesale $12. retail $38. Took it to a trade show and people wanted to buy the samps for $50 (I conveniently brought extra for beer money ;)) Got to give cred to these specialty dye houses. Without them it would just be crap on a shirt

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1732 on: November 07, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
Fellers I don't want to bash this guy, but I thinking he is using a style of printing I've never seen or done which is not hard for me, Tonypep seems to know about it.  I looked at Danny's bear print and compare the two seems like the same style of printing both are killer prints now I'll  :-X it and say nice prints.

I've seen those prints but just a glance and never thought about it, but no I've never seen there site until yesterday, I would love to see how they print those and take a closer look...I need to get out more :-[

darryl

Steve

I'll check around here, but heck this is South Alabama I live in all we get here is Roll tide Shirts and Auburn Shirts..SEC!!!!! LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1733 on: November 07, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »

ScreenPrinter123

That is a nice design. Very colorful and vibrant on the black tee.  Did you all design that as well as print it?

We did a side by side on a job a year ago and I honestly preferred the plastisol base due to the vibrancy of the print.  The colors popped more.  Here is today's print (with a slightly blurry picture now that I am looking at it on my computer and not my phone which took it):

225 S underbase
7 colors on 330S
Shimmer Gold on 180S

We wanted to adjust the separations but there was no time so we ran with it.  Could be much better but far better than what what we were producing two years ago.

Thanks Dan!  We are definitely printers and not artists!!!  The art was done by sullyman and the seps by full spectrum separations.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1734 on: November 07, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »

darryl

Steve

I'll check around here, but heck this is South Alabama I live in all we get here is Roll tide Shirts and Auburn Shirts..SEC!!!!! LOL

You'll have to buy one on the interweb thingy...

Steve

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1735 on: November 08, 2014, 02:46:41 AM »
MagnaPrint® Discharge AB AW

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1736 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:41 PM »
Man, is that the print or the artwork?  Awesome.  Colors?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1737 on: November 08, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »
Great looking prints

Murphy37

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1738 on: November 09, 2014, 12:15:19 AM »
quote author=screenxpress link=topic=73.msg128542#msg128542 date=1415468561]
[/quote]
This print in three colors 90 lpi
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:36:32 AM by SERJ »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1739 on: November 10, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »
quote author=screenxpress link=topic=73.msg128542#msg128542 date=1415468561]
This print in three colors 90 lpi
[/quote]

90 LPI? I've printed at 85, but it was a mistake that fortunately worked out... come to think of it, someone brought me some films years ago that were 100 LPI, and they worked, not perfectly, but good enough for the guy that supplied them...

Steve