Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557461 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1770 on: December 05, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
Nice stuff as usual.  I've got a few pics but the jobs are so boring and mostly simple but I'll post them later anyway.  Nothing but multi-colored spot jobs on darks.  Right now we've got more screen printing jobs in the system than we did all last December, and last year was our best year by a huge margin that we're having a hard time beating last years numbers year to date.  We're only up by single % over last year, I guess I didn't realize how good it was last year until I compare this year to it.  That's the good and bad about having a record year by a huge margin, the next year can be slightly better but it feels like it was somewhat of a failure.

Feel the same way, we had growth of 50ish and 60ish % the last 2 years.  But this year was just around 35% roughly (forcasted this final month).  Feels wrong.  But over all grateful still!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1771 on: December 05, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
We are re-visiting 4CP on DC under base...sorry, crappy phone picture.

Orion,  YOU CAN"T DO THAT.  You can't do 4 color process on black tees. It's not possible....or so I'm told. ;)

To me, thats one of the best prints in this thread this year, (unless someone else has posted 4 color process on black tees) this year.  Yes, in deed no doubt about it, achieving great prints with discharge underbase and 6 or more spot colors can be outstanding also, but only 4 colors on top using cmyk, is awesome.

I guess my all time focus is, what can you do with just a few colors?  This is what. Very good. Now, I would venture to say that not all designs can make use of this. Each job is going to dictate how it needs to be done.
I guess you can say, for you artist and printers, the design should speak to you. ;)

Very nice Orion.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1772 on: December 05, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
I have two process discharge prints (all discharge) in the waterbase section but nowhere near as nice. Home made discharge process colors. I agree with Dan best shirt this year..

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #1773 on: December 05, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
Thanks guys!

Dan, you know that is a 4 angle set. If I told you the angles you would probably try to have me committed to the Insane Printer's Asylum... ;D...and if I told you that the yellow lpi is higher than the rest your head might explode. :o

Biggest press we have is 8 colors, so all of our high-end stuff is 6-7 colors, except for that one time when I ran revolver program with the flash located at the unload station. We have learned to work with what we have.
Dale Hoyal

Offline jhinkle

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1774 on: December 08, 2014, 01:57:57 AM »
i feel like both of our 8 head presses end up with the flash in the unload station so we can run 8 colors more than it being in the normal spot for 7 colors. when they start making me put the flash in the unload station on our 12 head press i believe i may have to kill them all lol`
Jeremy Hinkle
manager/lead printer
Bluecotton.com

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1775 on: December 08, 2014, 06:43:04 AM »
 Discharge  underbase with CMYK

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1776 on: December 08, 2014, 07:09:46 AM »
I'm going to guess the number of colors and screen meshes on that one....

110 base
110 top colors(probably 2 colors)

90lpi

and of course manually printed.

#amirite

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1777 on: December 08, 2014, 08:00:54 AM »
Underbase 2 colors -77 mesh, Process colors -120 mesh, 55 lpi , manually printed  :D

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1778 on: December 08, 2014, 11:44:45 AM »
Dude you can do some awesome manual prints 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SERJ

« Reply #1779 on: December 08, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »
 ;D

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1780 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
We are re-visiting 4CP on DC under base...sorry, crappy phone picture.

Orion,  YOU CAN"T DO THAT.  You can't do 4 color process on black tees. It's not possible....or so I'm told. ;)

To me, thats one of the best prints in this thread this year, (unless someone else has posted 4 color process on black tees) this year.  Yes, in deed no doubt about it, achieving great prints with discharge underbase and 6 or more spot colors can be outstanding also, but only 4 colors on top using cmyk, is awesome.

I guess my all time focus is, what can you do with just a few colors?  This is what. Very good. Now, I would venture to say that not all designs can make use of this. Each job is going to dictate how it needs to be done.
I guess you can say, for you artist and printers, the design should speak to you. ;)

Very nice Orion.

I do agree that it is one of the best prints in recent memory.  But in regards to 4CP on darks, I wonder how the print would look if there were bright reds, blues, or yellows involved in the print?  We've always had to go back to sim process to get those brighter colors.  The few times we've tried 4CP on darks were problematic due to those colors not coming out as planned.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1781 on: December 09, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
At Harlequin they would often boost the 4CPs with a couple of spot colors

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1782 on: December 09, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
I have pretty limited experience with the DC UB with cmyk on top, but I have done a handful recently and did a lot of testing, both with 3X cmyk plastisol on top (with white highlight as well, and my own cmy DC mixes with a white DC and black on top.  The print orion linked is ideal for this kind of print since it is relatively all one particular shade (blue/green) with muted brown/red and only a tiny bit of yellow.  My best results were on a very red/orange sunset print.  For a photo that has bright solid tones of blue/green and red/orange/yellow it is much harder to get it all to look right.  I have yet to get a full color photo of a person to look right with cmyk discharge, but i dont doubt it is possible.

That doesnt take away from Orion's print AT ALL though.  It is fantastic and worlds away from what I can currently print!

Offline jhinkle

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #1783 on: December 15, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »
did this 4 color process tonight
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:20:53 AM by jhinkle »
Jeremy Hinkle
manager/lead printer
Bluecotton.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1784 on: December 15, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »
Hey Andy need a rotate job here!!!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!