Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558177 times)

AdvancedArtist

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1785 on: December 24, 2014, 07:37:23 PM »
Probably the most important prints we will ever make in the new shop. Dialing in exposure and dot gain.

We started in a smaller space a few months ago while working on our new building and set up. New press, new exposure table etc.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
What kind of press and other equipment?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #1787 on: December 31, 2014, 08:15:40 AM »
What kind of press and other equipment?

We have a 24 station manual table press, a two station all over manual table press, a large home made exposure unit capable of burning all over sized screens. Flash and other assorted equipment. We went the typical developing country start up route. But I wanted to do that so we could print commercially, work on R&D at the most rudimentary level and produce video in multiple languages relating to what find with our R&D. The table press has good registration functionality and can support unlimited colors with out having to set up all the stations like a carousel. So we can actually test say a 12 color separation against a 5 color separation of the same print with out all the set up work.

We also want to develop some lines down here so the all overs are part of that plan.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1788 on: December 31, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »
Tom,

I'd be interested in discussing your Home Made Exposure Unit with you.

Thanks,
Stan

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #1789 on: December 31, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
PM me we are actually still working on dialing that in also.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1790 on: December 31, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
no where near as good as others, but this is a 7 color print with a DCUB. Seps done in house!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1791 on: December 31, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
no where near as good as others, but this is a 7 color print with a DCUB. Seps done in house!

Very good Eric,  Looks fantastic and consistent between the two shirt colors.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1792 on: December 31, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
Agreed but..........needs rhinestones ;)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1793 on: December 31, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
Lobsters are difficult to reproduce.......final version. Designed to go on 14 different blank colors

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1794 on: January 03, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »
Here's some stuff that I printed over the holidays while shop has been closed. All the designs are part of a catalog going to trade show this month so did these for physical samples. We've got around 30 designs total in this catalog so I don't have time to dial anything in at all. Believe it or not 4 out of 5 designs have exactly the same colors, same print order, etc. 8 color sim process on all for these and the rasta shark has a couple different colors if I remember, maybe only one. Some of the designs printed a lot more red then I wanted, I lost some detail in areas, etc but like I said did not have time to work on these at all so I'm looking forward to reprinting actual orders of these designs to improve them. I had fun printing these so hope you guys dig em. Looks like I can only add 4 attachments and I planned on posting 5 pics so I'll just wait until next week and post more to group them together. All designs I ran with plastisol as I printed tons of different color samples some of which I have not had good luck discharging so if I can get orders on dischargeable blanks or our house dyed blanks then I'll try dc underbase next time as I know they will look better.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:28:05 PM by DannyGruninger »
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1795 on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:14 PM »
Really incredible work, Danny. 
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #1796 on: January 03, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
Meh... I've seen better.  Oh, yeah, Danny printed those other ones too. :-).

Nice prints.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #1797 on: January 04, 2015, 01:34:02 AM »
nothing compared to you guys but I did like this print i did last week

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1798 on: January 05, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
Here's one that I just sampled today and thought it was pretty rad how it looks like the shirt is being torn...... This design runs on around 20 different color blanks so it's setup so the rips are the actual shirt color.... Pretty cool though, we have a bunch more like this coming out here soon

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1799 on: January 05, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »
Gotta say, that's an awesome design topped off with a nice print but I wouldn't have expected anything else coming from you!
It's not a job if you love doing it.