Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557480 times)

Offline ol man

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1905 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
thank you - first simulated on our new press...i need to work on my sep skills....

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1906 on: March 26, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »
thank you - first simulated on our new press...i need to work on my sep skills....

Sheesh! If you sepped that yourself, you are MILES ahead of 90% of most of the competition. Light years ahead of me.

I couldn't even reliably PRINT that job on the first setup, much less sep it.

It looks great to me!

Stan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:06:45 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1907 on: March 26, 2015, 06:58:54 PM »
Danny that looks fantastic for HSA. 8 screens is impressive for that art and ink.  2x hsa underbase or DC ub? How many flashes and where?  From our experience with HSA I think we would need a 14 head press and 3 flashes at a bare minimum to print something like that all hsa.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On this one with hsa I printed a double base and no highlight.... If it was plastic it would have been single base plus top white but I eliminated the top white in exchange for two bases... I revolved the base and my production was right around 300 pcs per hour which I felt for HSA on a design like this was acceptable

1. Comet White base

Flash

2. Comet White base

Cool

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Green
Red

All the above colors are wet on wet - no issues...... Pallet temp was key for me along with pressure/speed

Flash

Yellow
Black

7 screens total w/ technically 3 flashes but really 2...... I could have setup 2 base screens but I didn't have a big enough run of these to justify that. If I had 3 flashes that were available I could have printed this job with 1 rotation and done. It would have ran approx 600 pcs/hr if I had 3 flashes on the machine but I only have 2. With my new oval I will have 4-5 flashes on that press so I feel we can do work like this all day long 600 pcs/hr at a minimum which I feel is acceptable
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1908 on: March 26, 2015, 08:09:22 PM »
Danny that looks fantastic for HSA. 8 screens is impressive for that art and ink.  2x hsa underbase or DC ub? How many flashes and where?  From our experience with HSA I think we would need a 14 head press and 3 flashes at a bare minimum to print something like that all hsa.

On this one with hsa I printed a double base and no highlight.... If it was plastic it would have been single base plus top white but I eliminated the top white in exchange for two bases... I revolved the base and my production was right around 300 pcs per hour which I felt for HSA on a design like this was acceptable

1. Comet White base

Flash

2. Comet White base

Cool

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Green
Red

All the above colors are wet on wet - no issues...... Pallet temp was key for me along with pressure/speed

Flash

Yellow
Black

7 screens total w/ technically 3 flashes but really 2...... I could have setup 2 base screens but I didn't have a big enough run of these to justify that. If I had 3 flashes that were available I could have printed this job with 1 rotation and done. It would have ran approx 600 pcs/hr if I had 3 flashes on the machine but I only have 2. With my new oval I will have 4-5 flashes on that press so I feel we can do work like this all day long 600 pcs/hr at a minimum which I feel is acceptable

That's fantastic Danny.  4 colors wow and that production speed is really good for hsa. I'm impressed.  You're going to kill it with the oval.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1909 on: March 26, 2015, 08:43:03 PM »
tear it apart

Ok. You asked for it.  Here it goes.  You should hold your hand more steady. Try bracing your camera up against something, as I get older, I shake a bit more. :) Other than that.....HA!  Just kidding.  Even the Pic looks awesome!

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ol man

Re: WSU VS Notre Dame match up is on my mind..
« Reply #1910 on: March 27, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
This epic thread could intimidate even a great printshop, which we CLEARLY are not.

But we make good money on these during the season, and NOW is the season! We've got a Shocker Fanwear Room in the front of the store where we do limited edition runs. Lots of foily, blingy, wimmen's kinda stuff. Heck! I'm the only man in my shop, period.

So here goes. One of my amateurish, spot color wonders.

We have trouble with our Wichita State Gold Discharge looking greenish, so I mix 20 parts CCI D-Flo Yellow to 5 parts D-Flo Tangerine and 3%ZFS, 3% Mastui Penetrant, spritz a little water if the run is long.  The rest is easy, all CCI DC WB. Wilflex HD Clear PFP for the foil adhesive. Gold Crown Foil, 60#, 10 seconds, 350, peel cold. Manual Front, Auto Back (not shown). 

Sorry for all the abbreviations, I'm in a hurry this morning.

I've not printed a single thing in 7 years that matches up to the best stuff on here, but I buy my own groceries.

So. (Wow, this thumbnail looks blurry, but if you click on it you can see better. Weird)

Looks like a winner to me.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1911 on: March 27, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »
we have been doing nothing but crazy complicated DC and WB sim process jobs, with awful artwork. This one is a dumb/fun one. Two color WB. as usual nothing as complex as most.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #1912 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »
we have been doing nothing but crazy complicated DC and WB sim process jobs, with awful artwork. This one is a dumb/fun one. Two color WB. as usual nothing as complex as most.

This looks great! 
How did that other one go?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline prozyan

« Reply #1913 on: March 27, 2015, 06:18:39 PM »

Looks like someone flicked a boogie on the shirt!   ;D
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1914 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »

Looks like someone flicked a boogie on the shirt!   ;D

ha that's why it's not boxed up. Lots of weird stains on this one!
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1915 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »

This looks great! 
How did that other one go?

it went ok, i owe lots of people emails, which we will get to tonight. i'll post a pic in a sec!
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1916 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
This print was like banging our head against the wall for three straight days. The art wasn't great to begin with, but thanks to some suggestions from Pierre, Dan, Chris, Danny, Brandon, and Sean (who i owe thank you emails to, and will send out tonight!!!) we got it printing ok. We were on a really tight timeline on these, and it really through us through a loop, but we finally solved it. It may not be perfect, but it's pretty close to the original art.

272n -DC Base
flash
305-Wilflex Amazing White-Halftone Screen
flash
200s-Wilflex Amazing White-Fill screen

The original art was already halftoned, at paper settings, and it was creating all sorts of problems. But we finally got these finished this morning, and man what a relief. Client was supposed to pick up today, but is not picking up on Friday.
Night Owls

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1917 on: March 31, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
One we did today..... This was a pretty fun one and I wish I kept one of our custom dyed blanks so I could picture that as it looked awesome on our custom dye shirt....... This one was super quick and I ended up running it as 4 screens. Base, blue, yellow, black. Came out pretty awesome in person

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #1918 on: April 05, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »
Here's my first go at sim process. Did the best I could with low-res art.
45lpi
4 color - white/ub, red, gold, black.
all through 230 s-mesh newmans.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:05:44 PM by LoneWolf2 »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1919 on: April 05, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »
Looks really, really nice. 

I'm always amazed how so many colors 'appear' to be there in sim process with just 3 top colors.  Green and other colors appear to be in the print but are not.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers