Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557470 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1965 on: April 23, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »
I was out of the shop last week, Megan ran these. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Now let Megan post the pic, she might turn it right LOL sorry dude I just had to say that...nice job..you guys get the good stuff all we are doing is simple spot nothing good to post.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1966 on: April 23, 2015, 10:12:36 PM »
Super simple prints, nothing crazy. Just every time we run water base metallics I just love it. Three color water base on charcoal. Black water base down first, metallic silver next, quick flash, and gold metallic last. The prints are beyond soft and out sparkle any metallic plastisol I have ever seen or used. And clean up is a breeze!

Waterbased metallic are awesome. Way better than pls IMO and you can tint silver with PCs

Absolutely Tony. We only buy silver and tint away. I see many companies offer various colors of metallic when they only need to offer silver

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1967 on: April 23, 2015, 10:17:32 PM »
Which metallic (rfu or are you tinting?) and what print specs brandon (mesh, etc).  Looks great!

It is the metallic silver base from Matsui. Been using it since I can remember many years ago. Tint away to whatever you want. 110's (we use tight rollers for our metallic's but statics can suffice) and the black water base on a loose 180. Easy set up and print. Record label was blown away

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #1968 on: April 30, 2015, 03:21:28 AM »
My first time printing a grey underbase.  Still feel I don't get the opacity out of the base, but overall very happy with the print.

Seps by Dan.  All Union Ultrasoft inks, Streetfighter white.  Base and White on 225-S, others on 305.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #1969 on: May 05, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
Snippet of today's 6 color 55 line sim proc. Snip captures about 7 inches of actual print. DC ubase,red,royal,lt. blue,gold, proc. white...

Dale Hoyal

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »
very nice !
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #1971 on: May 07, 2015, 09:58:17 AM »
5 colors simulated process, all water based, all 305 - VIRUS ink.

For real, colors pop more than the photo

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #1972 on: May 13, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Looks really, really nice. 

I'm always amazed how so many colors 'appear' to be there in sim process with just 3 top colors.  Green and other colors appear to be in the print but are not.

As am I. Even when I was doing the seps I was a little hesitant about believing what I was seeing on screen, but I just trusted the seps, and it came out pretty slick!

Quick question if you don't mind: when separating did you set your background to a blue color (to represent the garment color)?  I'm trying to figure how else you were able to build those green colors? Thanks!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #1973 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »
I did not see a color list so if Green was not used, I'm guessing halftones blends of Blue and Yellow to make up Green. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #1974 on: May 14, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
Looks really, really nice. 

I'm always amazed how so many colors 'appear' to be there in sim process with just 3 top colors.  Green and other colors appear to be in the print but are not.

As am I. Even when I was doing the seps I was a little hesitant about believing what I was seeing on screen, but I just trusted the seps, and it came out pretty slick!

Quick question if you don't mind: when separating did you set your background to a blue color (to represent the garment color)?  I'm trying to figure how else you were able to build those green colors? Thanks!

The shirt/BG color was an Ice Blue comfort colors shirt, so the yellows blended with the shirt to get the greens. Only printed white/yellow/red/Black.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1975 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
One of our bands from Eastern Europe that we are lucky to print for. Super simple shirt, don't know why but I really, really like the design / print. The green / brown color is a pantone discharge color with two little plastisol screens (red and purple) with white water base for the highlite. Now we would be printing red and purple water base but this is a reprint. Just rolled off the belt. I know we will be printing more in the future. Really cool shirt

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #1976 on: May 15, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
Really nice design Brandon, and yes, the beauty of simplicity applies here.
Dale Hoyal

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1977 on: May 15, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
very cool art!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #1978 on: May 19, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »
Printed up some new shop shirts since I finally had a little bit of a break.
5 color - Manual seps in PS - 230 underbase, 305 top colors, 55 LPI

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #1979 on: May 19, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »
Is that a Pompano species of fish ? very nice print!
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.