Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557641 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2070 on: June 29, 2015, 05:07:35 PM »
Here is a crop of a image I was commissioned for, and printed recently.  No where near some of you guys, but Im happy with it, and so is the client.  Thanks all!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2071 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
probably halftoned the states.

You got it sir.

I wanted to try a two screen split fountain going in opposite directions.... One would go red, orange yellow, green, blue, purple. Then the other would go purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red. Thought it may have a cool look plus I'd never seen that done before, but we had such little time to design, burn and print these as it was.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2072 on: June 30, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »
6 color DC on Canvas blend tee.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2073 on: June 30, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »
Some fun stuff we did the other day. Nothing crazy just set up and print. HSA on the raglan and discharge on the Gildans. I have been having some serious family medical emergencies for awhile now so I am lucky every week we always have some fun and cool artwork to print. Just gives that extra bit of fun to the process for myself.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2074 on: June 30, 2015, 11:27:01 PM »
Some fun stuff we did the other day. Nothing crazy just set up and print. HSA on the raglan and discharge on the Gildans. I have been having some serious family medical emergencies for awhile now so I am lucky every week we always have some fun and cool artwork to print. Just gives that extra bit of fun to the process for myself.

DANG! I didn't know you did the VM stuff. I've been trying to get their work forever!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2075 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:15 PM »
Hey Eric,

we just started actually. We are doing a packaged tour with them and a few other bands soon and our sales guy knows them. One of those kind of things

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2076 on: June 30, 2015, 11:33:19 PM »
Hey Eric,

we just started actually. We are doing a packaged tour with them and a few other bands soon and our sales guy knows them. One of those kind of things

they've always been a little weird to us! But i'm happy friends are doing it, and not jerks in town!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2077 on: June 30, 2015, 11:37:37 PM »
Hey Eric,

they've always been a little weird to us! But i'm happy friends are doing it, and not jerks in town!

Hahaha, oh man I know how that goes!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2078 on: July 01, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
6 Color Sim Process, nothing special, took 2 test prints and we were running.  I don't like the colors per se but the print matched the art they sent so we ran it.  There is also some patterns between the red and yellow that I wish would have had a smoother transition, but it all goes back to stencil development.  I had to severely underexpose the screens to get the detail out and even then I didn't get all the halftones out that I needed.  Also, I wished the sunset was much brighter with more reddish and orange hues. 

Holy crap I screwed that pic up.  I tried to edit the size so it wouldn't take up the whole page but I just screwed up the pic so it looks like garbage.

I think I got the pic back to a much better version but it's still way too big.

I was also testing some one-hit stuff yesterday afternoon since we flew through the day's list so we had an hour to mess around.  Now this isn't a true one-hit but it is "one layer" in that we didn't print, flash, print.  It was printed as a double stroke red, single stroke royal, single stroke white.  Close to being a real one-hit but I needed the double stroke on the red to get it popping.

I'm trying to take more pics and do more videos of us printing or setting up and being fully staffed is helping give me the time to do that type of stuff.  I know a few years ago we got a little boost in new customers after I started doing videos and pics of our work so hopefully it will work again.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2079 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »
Love the Sahara Club.  Very nice.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #2080 on: July 06, 2015, 12:39:31 PM »
6 color simproc, no dc underbase, printed on gildan 50/50...

Dale Hoyal

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2081 on: July 06, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »
That looks awesome!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2082 on: July 06, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
Very nice. Getting those transparent lighting effects to look good isn't easy.

Murphy37

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2083 on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:05 PM »
Re-did my neighbors logo.  Overall pretty happy.  First DC underbase.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2084 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »

Orion,

Dan tips hat then bows to Orion.  Very nice work!

6 color simproc, no dc underbase, printed on gildan 50/50...
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850