Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557413 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2205 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »
Danny that is so awesome to foil inline, 450 prhr one man is off the hook must be grossing better than $1300 per hr
I was visiting Dan at Forward last week his foil application head is sitting in the corner getting dusty guess they struggle a bit getting it working as smooth as you.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2206 on: October 30, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
Danny that is so awesome to foil inline, 450 prhr one man is off the hook must be grossing better than $1300 per hr
I was visiting Dan at Forward last week his foil application head is sitting in the corner getting dusty guess they struggle a bit getting it working as smooth as you.

Yeah it took me a solid 200-300 test shirts before I figured out the secret sauce to get it to really run smooth...... Now we have been doing foil jobs almost everyday with foil + multiple colors.... Lots and lots of grandma looking designs but it pays the bills LOL - stuff like this(design on top is gold foil, design on bottom is silver).... But yeah the inline foiling to me is the only way to foil. Before we had this setup we would have 2 extra hands sitting at the end of the dryer placing foil on shirts, then another person or two doing the heat pressing.... Plus you ruin all your inks with foil resist, etc.... We print foil first then print everything after it

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2207 on: October 30, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
Here's a sim process one from today. Thought it was pretty cool, tape looks real on the shirt. All the rips and everything are just white/black halftones so we can print on multiple color shirts.... 8 screens total on this one with the underbase and top white

Danny Gruninger

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2208 on: October 30, 2015, 05:02:44 PM »
Danny the rendering on that duct tape is superb!  In house artist doing these seps?  If so, color me jealous.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2209 on: October 30, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »
Holy S#!T... that tape looks awesome...  AMAZING job.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2210 on: October 30, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »
Two holy sh!ts on that tape looks very real, and the print is awesome Boss!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2211 on: October 30, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
Danny the rendering on that duct tape is superb!  In house artist doing these seps?  If so, color me jealous.

Chris, I actually had scott at myseps sep this design out originally.....Then we realized we had some size issues with the original art on the size of the duct tape(thats one key to making duct tape look right on shirt is having the size correct to actual tape)..... we had to scramble and re do the design, then we sepped it in house..... So a bit of a two sided story - the shirt your looking at we sepped in house but we did have scott do the original sep(scott is amazing at seps and we send him work to keep our designers focusing on art a lot of the time).........But due to the mishap in the size of the art we scrambled and redo the art and seps last night for printing today.... It was all a total rush like most things we are doing these days lol

Danny Gruninger

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2212 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »
Ha,  well you obviously pulled it off man.  I use Scott and others as needed for the same reasons.  Scott does solid work and is fast as hell.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2213 on: November 01, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »
Here's a sim process one from today. Thought it was pretty cool, tape looks real on the shirt. All the rips and everything are just white/black halftones so we can print on multiple color shirts.... 8 screens total on this one with the underbase and top white

Really nice looking print......but I think they should've said 'bearly'
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #2214 on: November 02, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
Danny that looks really good. 
You can still make revisions to the art after the sep is complete (sometimes).  To make the tape bigger just select all of the channels together and then load a mask of the tape. (one piece at a time)  Then you can scale it within the seps as long as its bigger it will just cover up what's under it. 
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #2215 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:22 AM »
Printed this poster on Thrusday for a fun fun fun fest gogol bordelo show.  All art/seps is done by me and I printed with 3 custom mixed flo colors and a gloss black blue on top.  This one is also printed on holographic stain glass foil paper.  Its suppose to be the lady from beetle juice in a quinceanera dress which came into my head after listening to their gypsy punk music.   

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2216 on: November 07, 2015, 01:10:38 PM »
Very psychedelic. I bet it looks even better in person.

Murphy37

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2217 on: November 07, 2015, 04:06:04 PM »
Great flatstock print. 

That paper is crazy, does it print ok?

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #2218 on: November 08, 2015, 12:28:59 AM »
Great flatstock print. 

That paper is crazy, does it print ok?

It prints great compared to color paper but you got to make sure it drys and  to use good ink on the paper.   TW graphic inks or nazadar solvent print great on this paper.   Still need to find a source for small run  custom holographic foils.....  100  to 200 sheet of  40x 28 is what i want in size.   

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2219 on: November 08, 2015, 02:10:34 AM »
Interesting.  I figured the surface would be difficult to put ink into.  5500 series?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk