Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558891 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2235 on: December 11, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
I thought I had been taking more pics of recent jobs but I guess not, I can't find any of the better ones from recently so this one will have to do.  Visually it doesn't look special or difficult but it was a tough job due to the size of the print and the 8 colors on a 10 color auto, but also because it was 800 pieces.  One revolution, one stroke, 2 flashes, no cool downs, black down 1st then underbase, flash, 3 colors wow, flash, last 3 colors wow.  Sorry about the long lecture on this one when the thread is more about showing off but I started typing and just couldn't stop. 

Almost essential to have a very low tack underbase ink if you don't have any cool down stations.  I know most of us know this but there are several critical elements to a job like this that if they aren't squared away you can't print this job at 750/hr or faster.  You'll be relegated to multiple revolutions and perhaps double stroking somewhere along the way. We absolutely had to have a good wow black, a tack free white ink, and the 3 spot colors other than the top white needed to have good wow properties. 

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2236 on: December 11, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »
Nice print Alan. Everything you said is spot on when it comes to jobs like that.

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2237 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »

3 Dimensional Twill Appliqué....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2238 on: December 20, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »
t Tycoon,

Is that screen printed or is it actual tackle twill?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2239 on: December 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
Dan it's all printed... I can run 250 per hour!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2240 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
`that's pretty impressive. very nice job on the art and printing!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2241 on: December 20, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »

Here is a fun one!

Adam Walterscheid
T-Shirt Tycoon Solutions, Inc.
Managing Partner
Cell: 214-476-3551

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2242 on: December 21, 2015, 07:16:12 PM »
Very creative. You got it going on. That's true retail printing right there. Where have you been practicing your printing and separation skills all this time?  You haven't just learned this at your shop all your career have you?

Others would have commented but it's abust time of the year.

(He knows).
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2243 on: December 21, 2015, 07:32:38 PM »

3 Dimensional Twill Appliqué....

This is very nice. i was always wanting to do something like this for hoodies for Christmas gifts. I never got around to it. Is this just 2 colors or is the underbase white with the fabric lines then grey over the top to get the 3d effect. If you don't want to say I'm ok with that also.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2244 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
Tight work Tycoon!  Forgive my special effect plastisol ignorance, are these HD inks being used?

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2245 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:49 AM »
This simulated twill effect is a 4 color print designed for high production. We stack (3) 200 micron HD screens with texture bases & one spot color for details to replicate the exact 3D texture of twill fabric with dialed in art and separations.

We execute simulated leather, denim, twill, and pretty much any other fabric texture you would want in a cost reduction model to real appliqué for our clients. Finally appliqué that's cost effective!

Adam Walterscheid
Managing Partner

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2246 on: December 22, 2015, 04:09:08 AM »

Here is another simulated texture print called 3D Vintage Leather Appliqué.

Another one built for high production!

Dan,
I founded Pony Xpress Printing in Dallas, TX out of college.

We built a one of kind R&D department and I learned how to print 3D from studying a guy by the of Kasey Ruby.

He was the mastermind mind behind all the Marc Ecko Rhino textured prints back in the day.

We then moved on as the trends changed to All-Over simulated process discharge/waterbase prints once Ed hardy, Monarchy, Affliction.

Now it's just all part of our everyday offering. 

Adam Walterscheid
Managing Partner

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2247 on: December 22, 2015, 04:12:36 AM »
In the last post I am referring to Kasey Ruby! Who I studied & modeled 3D prints after.

Adam Walterscheid
Managing Partner

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2248 on: December 22, 2015, 06:06:53 AM »
That would have been at Sweat Equity in Jersey. Long since defunct. Of course they did some marvelous work however when I was there the off quality rate was most alarming. With all those flashes many of the density inks changed viscosity and rheological properties and after a while, many prints would deflate like a bad soufflé. Also many of the prints were only surface cured and could not survive multiple washing (which also yielded some interesting results)
Nice work Adam. Interestingly enough I have one of the Rhino shirts on now I kid you not!) Print is nearly destroyed yet looks very cool. A true distressed print.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2249 on: December 22, 2015, 06:14:47 AM »
Oh and a little birdie told me Pierre scored a bunch of HD/Specialty plastisols. Perhaps this will inspire him. Heres my Rhino. Used be a solid HD no cracks