Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557487 times)

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2250 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:29 AM »
Tony,
I have only seen the work online when his website was still up. From there we did a ton of testing to reverse engineer the prints to one revolution prints that can cure and not weight down the fabric.

You can definitely run into production and wearability problems if your not careful.

I enjoy this type of printing!

Adam Walterscheid
T-Shirt Tycoon Solutions, Inc.
Managing Partner
Cell: 214-476-3551

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2251 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
Casey Hruby is working with Mirror Image (Rick Roth) and is active on the TheInkKitchen.com. He is at the booth for the Long Beach and Atlantic City shows and has some very impressive samples of his work on display. 'very nice guy.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2252 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »
I was up there for a week to help out. They were under a tremendous amount of pressure. Best equipment at the time. They had something like six Passports  which added to some of the off quality issues (difficult to see till garments exit dryer.) And great art and pre-press. But sometimes that's not enough.
Adam do you use the Rasta Bars?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2253 on: December 22, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »
Not that we are master printers, but we've did a little 3D printing not for production but for ourselves and yeah curing all that ink is a problem plus burning those thick screen's right, but just sitting here thinking could you not flip the shirt inside out and cure from the back after you've cured the top.  Wouldn't be very production friendly but would surely cure the ink all the way through maybe? I bought our boys some of those Echo shirts back in the day and they did crack and even had chunks of ink come off could have been from my rough boys also.  Nice print's Ty coon, oh one more thing could you not do 3D printing somewhat or at least get those effects with Union's suede inks?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:47:47 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2254 on: December 22, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
Suede inks are considered as "open cell " puffs which give them that feel. We had done a lot of lower hem "labels" for Disney using some of these techniques. Should be noted that the art has to be engineered around production

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2255 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
Tony,
We don't use Rasta Bars... Just basic guantlet 3's!

3Deep,
You could simulate certain texture with suede base but they make all kinds of bases.

It's like the Chinese kitchen... All 12 ingredients make anything in the kitchen!

Adam Walterscheid
Managing Partner

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #2256 on: December 28, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
Testing some new processes for white bases on dark's. This print has only a white base, red and yellow, no black ink and no second white. The cell phone photograph does not really do the print justice both the original and the screen print side by side. This was a test print at 45 LPI 9 inches high by about 6 inches wide. The objective was getting the fade into the garment correctly as well as holding good tonal range without printing a black and getting a good spectrum of the yellow, orange, browns etc without printing those colors through the simulation of color with just red and yellow ink while leveraging the background color of the black garment.

Once again this was a test but the results side by side I do find to be interesting.

Offline T Tycoon

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2257 on: December 28, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
Well don AA! Especially at that LPI and few colors used!

Adam Walterscheid
Managing Partner

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #2258 on: December 29, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Well don AA! Especially at that LPI and few colors used!

Thanks T Tycoon we are going to do another test of the image at 55 LPI soon and a larger print. I did make some image enhancements for the next test just to make it pop more and see how the red and yellow respond to more saturation in the orange and its tints, shades and tones in the enhances image. I will post that up also when completed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:50:18 AM by AdvancedArtist »

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2259 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »
Here is one we printed today. It could've definitely been improved.  The problem I had was that 30 or so shirts into the job, my yellow started plugging a little making the fox look a little more mangy.  I thought that maybe the ink was getting too hot but there was a space between the flash and the yellow plus it was pretty cold in the back of the shop and I didn't let the pallets warm as much as usual.  Is this what you use halftone base for?  I was printing through 280's.  Also, it was intl coatings golden yellow with 3% reducer added.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2260 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:57 PM »
Halftone base helps you hold the dot structure. It will help a little with the clogging. You were probably a little on the warm side. You have to account for squeegee pressure as well. The pressure can cause it to gell in the mesh at lower temps than what most think.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2261 on: January 14, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
Thanks, I don't do this type of printing much.  I'll have try a little less pressure.  I had just sharpened our squeegees hoping I could lower the pressure to minimal but still had to use 45 psi.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2262 on: January 14, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »
Shirtsshack,

That's a pretty nice print. Good color differences.

Funny thibg about sharpening squeegees. I was in a pretty big shop a few month back and happened to ask the mgr. How often he retentions his screens. He says "after every print order."  I say oh, that great. So how often do you sharpen your squeegees?  He says "after every print order".  Really?  Yup. But his orders average about 1000 + so yes he does more, but dang, every order?  Must go through a lot of rubber.  They do however, produce Steller work every day.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2263 on: January 14, 2016, 08:57:18 PM »
Shirtsshack,

That's a pretty nice print. Good color differences.

Funny thibg about sharpening squeegees. I was in a pretty big shop a few month back and happened to ask the mgr. How often he retentions his screens. He says "after every print order."  I say oh, that great. So how often do you sharpen your squeegees?  He says "after every print order".  Really?  Yup. But his orders average about 1000 + so yes he does more, but dang, every order?  Must go through a lot of rubber.  They do however, produce Steller work every day.

We do this.  Well, we do with the roller frames, still trying to get the sharpener we bought brand new going...but blades will be rested overnight and sharpened in the a.m.  More like polished than sharpened though, blades that are far gone get tossed.  With all the variables your printers have to deal with, eliminate/reduce anything you can control. 

Nice print shirt shack.  I like how plastisol recreates certain art like oil paintings.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2264 on: January 14, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
Thanks, that was pic taken of a pic with an iPhone and sent to me.