Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557421 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2011, 11:28:45 AM »
Can't remember how this was printed.  I like how Clark puts all the details on his prints, I will try and do that on the one's I remember or took notes on.  Here are a couple pics from older prints.  I took out my print portfolio the other day and took pics of all the prints so some of these are old.

I can't believe these people liked the faded look without the underbase on this one.  They were in the shop when we were printing them and I was explaining about why we charge for underbasing and the guy asked to see what it would look like without the UB and I printed one and they chose to drop the UB.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
For some reason, when it comes time to taking pictures of prints, most printers forget to hold still. Must be the excitement. :)  I did the seps for another artist/Printer out in Cali.  Ken Gonzales from Printwerx.com
He did a really smooth print on those halftones It had a lot of white in the art. I used two whites.  Not sure what mesh he used but I called out for 230 base and 305's on top colors.

Yellow, Red and the top white made up the flesh colors.  The Sandy beige hills were made up of the Yellow and Red as well.

White
Yellow
Red
Blue
Black
Top White
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:51:27 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
Here is some kinda recent stuff from us:

Dig the Caddy Brandt. Did you do that art? If so great job.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
Didn't do the art on that one, but we did do the seps and such.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »
7 colors as you can see.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
Here is the print

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2011, 12:10:27 AM »
Donnie Miller printed this one.  Looks easy at first, but had to create 11 different players. A bit time consuming to create a silhouette for each but it adds to the uniqueness.  I like doing ash or heathered tees. You can use the background a bit to interplay with the art.

1 Base white
2 Orange
3 Black

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
printed some foil today. Thanx to the Special FX classes taken at the show, had a chance to get creative rather than plain foil. Most of the shirts were normal, but a small batch was all kinds of funky stuff.

one on the left is gold with some silver accents. One on the right is gold, silver and blue (OK, turquoise. Yes, Dan I also had to spell check that!).

Printed the glue through a 24 without having to use two screens. Pressed the foil on the wet glue. It came off super clean. We did run the shirts through the dryer afterward.

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
Donnie Miller printed this one.  Looks easy at first, but had to create 11 different players. A bit time consuming to create a silhouette for each but it adds to the uniqueness.  I like doing ash or heathered tees. You can use the background a bit to interplay with the art.

1 Base white
2 Orange
3 Black

Printed real sweet and I'm a sh!tty photographer... looks much better than that.  Base 230, Orange and black 305.. all at 50 dpi and 22.5 angle.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
Here is a test strike off of one we ran yesterday. 4 color discharge. This was done using Sericol standard colors and discharge white. All done wet on wet. I really like how they came out and I am becoming a fan of discharge for these 18 or in tall prints. Not having to do a huge a$$ underbase is nice for this type of stuff. These were printed on Alstyle 1301's.

The specs are:

blue- 200
red-200
yellow-200 double stroke
white- 180 double stroke

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline squeegee

« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
Looks really good, when you say standard sericol, do you mean the primary colors straight out of the bucket?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »
Looks really good, when you say standard sericol, do you mean the primary colors straight out of the bucket?

Yeah these are straight out of the bucket. They are the standard colors from their mixing system. All I had to do was add the activator,water, some fixer, and mix it up.
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline squeegee

« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
guessing here, but they look like yellow RS, blue RS, red YS...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
Yep. Those are it. The yellow has more of a gold hue than what is in the pic.
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline squeegee

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
Here's a couple we did

sericol for blue and grey, rutland for white, all 150's, flashed between colors, gildan 5000

sericol for green, the mix was a b!tch, white rutland, 230/40 for green, 150 for white and double stroked, flashed between colors, delta 11730 grass green