Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557431 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2385 on: April 08, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »
Allan dude you might need to teach a class, you've got the one hit stuff down to a science, nice work smooth and clean.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2386 on: April 08, 2016, 02:28:59 PM »
A one hit white?  What the dickens you say!  That's good print'n right thar.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2387 on: April 08, 2016, 06:19:21 PM »
Alan those are 1 hits there.  I've only got that accomplished through an 80 mesh but in my opinion it was too thick.

Here is another that we just finished and found out the hard way that a chocolate brown comfort color bleeds like a stuck pig.  Thank God we noticed when we were only 14 prints in.  I printed this one at 65 lpi.  I've got to try another yellow because even with basing it down 6% the intl coatings was still sticky.  I'm thinking of trying a wilflex version of lemon yellow. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #2388 on: April 10, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
Finished this project this week.  4 color poster for flying lotus at 24x16.  Black Light ink is TW Clear mixes with Nazdar flo pigments and black tw ink key layer.  Also I printed and designed this napalm death poster I made last week on fisheye mirror lens squares 30x20.  Same inks. 

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2389 on: April 13, 2016, 12:42:58 PM »
Just thought I'd share. Nothing crazy, but here is a 4 color print ran on our new Workhorse Cutlass. 300 ran in 2 ish hours. Really loving this new press.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2390 on: April 13, 2016, 05:45:23 PM »
Just thought I'd share. Nothing crazy, but here is a 4 color print ran on our new Workhorse Cutlass. 300 ran in 2 ish hours. Really loving this new press.

Nothing at all wrong with that.  Nice!

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2391 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:38 PM »

Nothing at all wrong with that.  Nice!

Thanks a lot!

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2392 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:32 PM »

2ish hours!!!

Lol. Joking.  Nice job.  Gotta love when a new press is clicking!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2393 on: April 14, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
Couple more from yesterday.  Just a reminder, because you can see the base poking out on one, but these are just test prints that I have my guys cut out in case we didn't document something correctly and often times what you're seeing isn't the end product, only very close to the end product. 

This one is the typical high color count, spot color, low quantity, hard to make much profit, etc.

0    0
     \_______/ 

This one kind of sucked, 8 color spot/blue halftone with base, not fun on a 10 color press. 

Easy money.

Not as easy, but much easier than a few of the others I posted.

Purple is out of reg quite a bit in this pic.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:32:27 PM by alan802 »
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2394 on: April 14, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »
Alan, I can see where the first one would be a pain but you sho knocked it out the park.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2395 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »
Alan do you hold a license for that fraternity stuff?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2396 on: April 14, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
Got a friend tell me they got a letter to stop doing fraternity stuff, I didn't know you had to have a license for that crap
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2397 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
yup, we are licensed, I think(i am not sure), but I think if it's contract only the seller needs to hold the license.  The contractor falls under their license as long as Affinity Consultants knows you outsource printing.

We don't print it contract, so i don't fully know.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2398 on: April 14, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »
Alan do you hold a license for that fraternity stuff?

It was through one of our contract customers.  We've done things directly for local fraternities and sororities in the past but haven't recently.  We used to have shirts made for every little party we had or any function and the fraternities and sororities can keep print shops in business and put them out if the process gets muddied up. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2399 on: April 14, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
I work with a licensed client as well for some greek stuff.  They definitely have a ridiculous amount of business.  Each one seems to spend like $10k a month on shirts and other random crap...