Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558156 times)

Offline Underbase37

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2640 on: August 13, 2016, 10:52:24 PM »
Just look at this horse!

Ok, I did this one on Friday afternoon at 95lpi, CYMK. Just messing with things to see if I could, I  held down from 3% up to 95% dot. Working on getting things linearized to pull back some bot gain.
I think it came out good, but going to tweak my formula a bit still.

Murphy

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2641 on: August 13, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
Full Spectrum,

We want to keep this thread just about showing your prints and describing how it was done.

It would be better for you to edit, select your post, copy, and paste into a new section such as "separation programs".  Your post could lead into a long drawn out discussion. loger topic discussions haven't been in this thread and it's worked well so far by just posting your latest work. You could pose that question where it would be more engaged.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2642 on: August 13, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »
Murphy,
My hays one odd looking horse but it's certainly a fantastic print. Great detail.  Can you take a blow up image under a loop to see how the dots are blending?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2643 on: August 14, 2016, 01:21:17 AM »
Nothing too wild. 5-color sim process on a nasty Crimson comfort colors tee.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A2IRf33m.jpg[img]

Really nice job considering the color count on this! You guys do the seps in-house?

Sure did. Started in sep-studio, then into PS for tweaking and color adjustments.

I don't understand why you would have to still use PS after using another separation program that works outside of PS.    Why would you have to "tweak" and make "color adjustments" in another program after using a dedicated color-separation program?   Also, you realize you can get the separations directly in photoshop using defaults right?   So if you are using photoshop anyway, why are you using this other program to generate the color separations which can easily be done directly in photoshop and more accurately with the selective-color tool?    Just make your seps right in photoshop, or go with a more professional separation solution.    Does the program you're using even generate the halftones or leave it up to you or another program you have to buy??

That's just the way I did it,how I like to do it, and it turned out pretty damn good. Don't really care to hear your ramblings when I'm doing what works for me.

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #2644 on: August 14, 2016, 02:59:47 AM »
I don't like bugs (close to phobia). That print is too real, thus had to force myself to look at it.

Those details on the compound eyes are amazing.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2645 on: August 14, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »
Underbase, Wow!! What emulsion and light source are you using?
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
« Reply #2646 on: August 14, 2016, 11:51:58 AM »
Nothing too wild. 5-color sim process on a nasty Crimson comfort colors tee.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A2IRf33m.jpg[img]

Really nice job considering the color count on this! You guys do the seps in-house?

Sure did. Started in sep-studio, then into PS for tweaking and color adjustments.

I don't understand why you would have to still use PS after using another separation program that works outside of PS.    Why would you have to "tweak" and make "color adjustments" in another program after using a dedicated color-separation program?   Also, you realize you can get the separations directly in photoshop using defaults right?   So if you are using photoshop anyway, why are you using this other program to generate the color separations which can easily be done directly in photoshop and more accurately with the selective-color tool?    Just make your seps right in photoshop, or go with a more professional separation solution.    Does the program you're using even generate the halftones or leave it up to you or another program you have to buy??

That's just the way I did it,how I like to do it, and it turned out pretty damn good. Don't really care to hear your ramblings when I'm doing what works for me.

I apologize, I really didn't mean to upset you or annoy you with my so-called ramblings.   
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2647 on: August 15, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »
Murphy those blends are dam!!! good at least looking at your pic I don't even see the halftones they blended so well nice job!!!  95% for me and it's solid might as well be a spot color ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2648 on: August 15, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »
Murphy,
My hays one odd looking horse but it's certainly a fantastic print. Great detail.  Can you take a blow up image under a loop to see how the dots are blending?
I'll do my best. This is with my phone and a loupe. This was done with all your guy's equipment. BTW.

Murphy

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2649 on: August 15, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »
Murphy- wow, that looks almost stochastic under magnification. 

Is this CTS imaging I presume, given the ultra high lpi?

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2650 on: August 15, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »
Murphy- wow, that looks almost stochastic under magnification. 

Is this CTS imaging I presume, given the ultra high lpi?
Yes. I-Image.

Murphy

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #2651 on: August 17, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »
6 color sim process all day everyday, it never gets boring.

Dale Hoyal

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2652 on: August 17, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
Killer print!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2653 on: August 17, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
Fantastic looking print Orion. As always you have some fun stuff to print. Killing it!

Murphy

Offline BP

« Reply #2654 on: August 17, 2016, 12:22:41 PM »
I don't think CTS should be on this thread!
SHIRT HAPPENS!