Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557553 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2655 on: August 17, 2016, 12:24:10 PM »
Why not? CTS=Computer to Screen.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2656 on: August 17, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
He might be confusing DTG with CTS. What would CTS stand for then "Computer to shirt"?
"No man is an island"

Offline BP

« Reply #2657 on: August 17, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »
sorry DTG
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2658 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
You gotta love when people mistake your prints for DTG!

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2659 on: August 18, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
Dale,Excellent!

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2660 on: August 18, 2016, 10:05:15 AM »
Bling Silver, Silver, Yellow, Magenta,Black

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2661 on: August 18, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »
I did this the other day for fun, now if I was in a bigger area I might could sell the heck out of this shirts LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2662 on: August 19, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »
Another boring spot color job, but it was not an easy one with the size and registration.  And on a negative note, looks like I'm going to have to parallel the press and hope our slight registration issues I've seen on a few pallets are not bearing calibration issues and are simply a few pallets out of parallel.  The top white on this print is out just enough to bother me so I guess I'll be here tomorrow to see if it's something simple or something more difficult.  The press hasn't had any issues or crashed into the registration bearings so I'm thinking we could just have a few pallets out of whack.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #2663 on: August 19, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »
That is some tight registration Alan, good job!

Someone recently asked about how we do our sim process and I have not posted specs in a while so here it is...

This one was all plastisol. We sometimes use a discharge under base white with plastisol colors on top. Our formula is the same for all sim process jobs. The art and seps are done in house. We use 55 lpi @ 22.5 degree angle. Screens are roller frames 20-25 newtons. KIWO MultiTex emulsion coated 1:1 sharp edge. Imaged with KIWO IJet2 DTS. NuArc  tri-light 6K exposure unit

225 S thread- wilflex Sprint white underbase- 55/90/55 durometer
255 T thread for the colors using 70/90/70 durometer, print order is:
Wilflex Super drake red, Super royal, Wilflex MX pms 3015, Super light gold, and Wilflex Amazing for the white over.

Dale Hoyal

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2664 on: August 21, 2016, 06:51:13 PM »
Nothing really grand, just my first attempt at Image Star silicon ink. This stuff is amazing. Prints great wet on wet and the feel is...like...silicon. Soft and stretchy. Not a bit of dye migration from those ugly Sport Tec Sublimated Camo's.   

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
« Reply #2665 on: August 21, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »
Nothing really grand, just my first attempt at Image Star silicon ink. This stuff is amazing. Prints great wet on wet and the feel is...like...silicon. Soft and stretchy. Not a bit of dye migration from those ugly Sport Tec Sublimated Camo's.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing... at work we always use this Wilflex Epic Performance white for poly, but it still bleeds really bad on those exact digital poly sublimated camos, like those black hexagons would be the thing that would show through no matter how many hit-flash-hit or thick layers of ink I put down....    we use Nazdar, gotta have the production manager look into this Image Star silicon ink for these shirts.. looks great!
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2666 on: August 22, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »
Thanks. I usually avoid dye camo jobs for that reason. Never had good luck with them. Graphic Solutions sent me an email about the silicon so I thought I'd give it a try. When I bid on the job I stated up front the problem with printing on them and said we can't guarantee no bleed. The customer said no problem. Do your best. Cool. I get to try a new product and the customer isn't expecting perfection. Can it get any better?  Now I can't wait for more.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2667 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
right when nazdar silicone was entering, we tried it out, and loved it, but eventually switched over to HSA inks. I recall that Rutland also had a silicone coming out at that time, that was slightly cheaper, and supposed to block better as well.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2668 on: August 22, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »
There are "barrier" blacks on the market in plastisol formulations.  So you don't have to lower dryer temps and interrupt production.

Silicone is best when cured at lower temps.  It to will need a barrier black on occasion....
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2669 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
I did a test print with the white without the masking black and it sublimated thru. Funny though, by next morning it was gone. I was told that would happen. I used the masking black anyway. The plastisol barrier black I tried was an epic failure.  I'm sure there are good ones and not so good. I also had bad luck on the camo's with Thermo-Film vinyl.  HSA would be cool if I had a dryer set up for water.