Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557647 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:06 PM »
I've actaully used up to 10% with no problem. Usually only needed for killer reds and yellows. Also the magenta and marine blue are weak pcs. I've probably tweaked these to 12%.Some times the mfgers recommendations are just that.
Color formulation is easy actually. Come in on a Saturday bring the radio, a pizza, and a friend to help. Once you get around a couple of dozen your pretty much over the hump

Offline squeegee

« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »
Alright cool, will give it a try, thanks.  Yellow is one that really bugs me, so I'll try that one first.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2011, 12:37:21 AM »
Heres another. Red was on a 175 and the white as well. Both double stroked. I stopped to BS for a few minutes and the ink from the heart got tacky on the back of the white  screen. It pulled on the shirt a bit and left a weird pattern but it did not affect the print. Learned something new......lol. The black shirt is a Tultex from TSC and the turquoise is a 50/50 from Target that the customer brought in. I was surprised that it discharged as well as it did on the 50/50.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:26 AM »
Again notice the vivid color in the red. Also the 50/50 won't discharge myth is de-bunked; although common not always the case.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2011, 06:48:30 AM »
Something I learned the other day from a dude at Wilflex about discharge is if you really want stellar results, he suggested using a dye house to get your tees, someone who will dye shirts that are white from the get go instead of natural.  I'm going to file that tidbit away for the next customer that really wants it to look best and has the budget to pay for it.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
Something I learned the other day from a dude at Wilflex about discharge is if you really want stellar results, he suggested using a dye house to get your tees, someone who will dye shirts that are white from the get go instead of natural.  I'm going to file that tidbit away for the next customer that really wants it to look best and has the budget to pay for it.
Two issues there. A. It's a myth. The greige goods work perfectly and after extensive testing in the days when you could actually work in conjunction with a dye house there was no percievable difference. Sounds good in theory but it doesn't hold up.
B. Good luck trying to find a domestic dye house that will work with your minimums, price, and lead times.
No offense to my friends at WF but sometimes the ink guys just don't know what works from a practical and real world scenario.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
This is from the computer/forum technology challenged Dave Filip (bimmridder) who just wanted to share, and was not responding to our plea for contest entries.

Andy. Here are a few prints I had sitting around. Bad photography. The RoughRiders is a simulated leather. The Cougars is simulated tackle twill. Not looking for accolades, but it almost sounded like you were begging for some prints. (Joking)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:27:21 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »
Some more sorta recent stuff.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2011, 07:53:26 AM »

Brandt.

I love the dots effect, I have the job that kind off looks like this that I have to print in a few days (similar effect).

Great job

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:59 AM »
Thank ya sir.  I dug it as well.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »
Brandt I love your art work and style! You need to sell that business and come work for us, trust me you will love all the boring a$$ corporate crap we do here!
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2011, 09:32:12 AM »
Brandt I love your art work and style! You need to sell that business and come work for us, trust me you will love all the boring a$$ corporate crap we do here!

Thanks! 

I'd probably go insane though.  Haha. 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »

Brandt.

I love the dots effect, I have the job that kind off looks like this that I have to print in a few days (similar effect).

Great job

That is a great looking print.Love the art. What screens did you run that on?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
I think it was 137 Black, 158 White. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
LOVE the dots! I have seen it before, but it was done much better here!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!