Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557517 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
can you explain a "crush white"?  is that like a highlite white but not flashing the previous colors?

those are beautiful.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
Yes explain crush white or Homer is going to crush some nuts.

Oh and I agree, very nice print.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2011, 04:01:49 PM »
the 180 LX mesh worked surprisingly well for the amount of detail it had and being able to let the metallic flake through. I think the next time I would go with the 150 and would get  a little more glitter through. I wanted to use the liquid gold, but did not have any. . .

No kidding.  We use really low mesh counts for the WFX Silver Shimmer and Ultra Gold metallics. 

Pierre can better answer but I call a "crush" white a white that is not a UB, not a hilite, but stuck in the middle of a w-o-w process with the intention of getting stepped on by subsequent screens and mixing in with adjacent inks.  Hence the "crush" I suppose?  Not sure if this differs at all from a wet white or if there's any point in trying to make definitions in territory like that. 

First time I tried a crush white was with an index sep on white Ts.  That white made the image take on the "glassy" look it needed in this case, despite the fact that we were printing white ink on white Ts. 

I've found it to be about the opposite with black ink.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
Wow Pierre any chance of them blood moon tee's being for sale I would buy one in a heart beat!
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
I have a couple of leftover shirts and test samples. Will get you one of those . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online prozyan

« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
I only know crush white from video terms.  There it means a white that is being oversaturated.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
I only know crush white from video terms.  There it means a white that is being oversaturated.

Oh, yeah, crush white . . . as I was told, a white printed WOW to blend with something else.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Clark

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »
I've been doing some printing for one of those t-shirt contests sites.  Apparently they have been through 7 printers in the last year.  I love a challenge and figured what the hell, picky people need love too.  Here two of the 1st 5 prints.  They were requesting to be there for strikeouts and after the first couple jobs will now settle for a cell cam pic before production.  Anyway, nothing spectacular, but fun jobs with a demanding clients are kinda exciting...  The funniest part was the company found me because their current mediocre printer liked my company on facebook.  LOL.

Offline Clark

« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2011, 07:12:56 PM »
Stellar work as usual Pierre.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Shitty iPhone pics.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
AWESOME!!!

nothing other comment needed, one word sums it up!

pierre

Offline Clark

« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:49 AM »
Nice Brandt.  One of my friends and artist I work with alot created that skull rider.  Small world.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Thanks!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
I love that blood moon shirt Pierre, I can't believe it didn't place.  Goes to show that the print quality means very little sometimes. 

Love the Galveston print as well Brandt.  I wish we did more cool stuff here.  I'll post some that we've done recently if I ever get a chance to sit down for more than 10 minutes at a time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2011, 11:56:16 AM »
Printing money today.  (not our art so we were kind of limited, but it is what it is).