Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557545 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2940 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
That's a kickin print. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #2941 on: September 23, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
Thanks for describing how you did the shading with the transparent black. I've never tried that. But it works perfectly in your example - very nice!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2942 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »
Seps by Dan.

Base white: 180-S
Metallic copper: 180-S
Light Beige: 225-S
Highlight white: 225-S

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2943 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Nice to see how that one turned out.  The beige looks a little abrupt maybe, could probably have been curved a little differently to blend, but just barely.  Great print for so few screens!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2944 on: October 03, 2017, 01:12:43 PM »
Nice to see how that one turned out.  The beige looks a little abrupt maybe, could probably have been curved a little differently to blend, but just barely.  Great print for so few screens!

The beige came out just fine in my opinion.  It always depends on just how much the shop can or cannot hold. Put in more than you think is needed and it can be too much. Then again if you cut it back, it can be too little. This is a great happy medium result.  I'm impressed with how much he got out of that copper color as it fades to the shirt. I figured the ink particles would plug up in the smaller halftones but it did very well.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #2945 on: October 03, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
I'm impressed. I think the print came out looking better than the original art.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2946 on: October 03, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

This might be because I went with a 40lpi halftone. If I was more confident in my screen making, I would of went 45lpi, but I'm just not getting enough detail on our unit right now. I need to change the bulb and maybe try Diazo emulsion when I'm doing halftones?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2947 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »
Here is one from yesterday.  This is probably the closest I've ever came to the original colors that I've separated.  I've just had to learn to back off of the black channel a little.  This one is an 8 color including HW.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:30:51 AM by Doug S »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2948 on: October 14, 2017, 02:39:23 PM »
That is SICK! 

I would have passed on even trying that, lol. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2949 on: October 14, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »
That is SICK! 

I would have passed on even trying that, lol. 

I've got 24 newmans that I take the time to maintain with smart mesh in them.  Of those, I have 6 225's and the the other 18 are 280's that are set aside just for jobs like that.  Thanks for the compliment.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2950 on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:23 AM »
Here is one that we did at our shop. I did the seps for one of my regular sep customers and we sampled. It for him at our shop. He already ran this at another shop but we wanted to show how well it could be in the right hands. I think we did well. Tony Pepitone came through with his ink mixing and discharge knowledge.
We would have had to use different pms colors in plastisol. I was very surprised at the differences in color choice tony chose to the great results but he made one drastic change for the red and the blue and yellow that really brought it out!  That discharge base really helps the top colors so much more!  Gives it great depth.

Normally we can't show our prints online but this one is where I got permission from the customer and he's my sep customer.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:18:08 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2951 on: October 22, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »
Fantastic print and seps, amazing skin tones.  It takes a wealth of knowledge to pull that off.  Nice.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2952 on: October 22, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
Dan:

Just wanting to make sure I read correctly, discharge base and plastisol top colors?

Beautiful work to both Dan and Tony!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2953 on: October 22, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Dan:

Just wanting to make sure I read correctly, discharge base and plastisol top colors?

Beautiful work to both Dan and Tony!

Yes, discharge base and plastisol top colors.

Base - discharge
Yellow,
Red
Beige
Blue
Black
Top white.

I don't recall what made it 8 colors. Perhaps it really was only 7.  I'll have to look at it again.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2954 on: October 22, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
looks like there is a gray unless that is black with top white mixed