Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557552 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »
Ohh, looks like a fat sorority.  Every campus has at least one.

Or maybe they are just making room for more girls.   8)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
This is for Tony P

How to print Snuggies. Well these are actually larger than Snuggies. The
are literally the size of a queen size bed. For Sorority outings.

I thought finding the middle of a 3xl was bitch...  and to be quick enough to get it right on a auto. Yikes!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
Here is the one I mentioned last week (when we talked about Brandt's design with holes).
This is a design for Business Expo (tomorrow, as always I waited last night to print).
I have a booth on a Business Expo in the city where I live. There will be 90 businesses with booths and it is open to the public.
Hopefully, I will get some business from it :)

This is back of the shirt, on front there is a smaller logo centered on the shirt.
Used:
155 for white screen/underbase
155 for top white (it covers all the white except the screened bars)
230 Black

Sorry about shi++y pic, highlights on black are from me trying to quickly lighten up the pics in PS.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:38:48 AM by DKgrafix »

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
Mark

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
POSTED FOR TONY:

I try to pre-engineer all our sim process stuff but this one got away from me. The first picture will show the first attempt. The car on the bottom is unacceptable. So the films are laid out on my huge light table. My first thought is we need to re-sep. Then after some careful study I see what he’s trying to do. The bottom Camaro prints with a fairly solid 80% halftone the highlighted and shadow with yellow, red, and brown. Switched two screens and added a second flash to keep it clean and bam out of the park. They were printing the solid orange over the accent screens hence the mottling. The second (TOP) picture depicts the fix.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:46:30 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
Hot off the press..  Looks super bright in person. (the photo doesn't do it justice)

The goal of this shirt was to give the illusion of lots of neon colors using only 2 flouresents.

6 color separation

1. base white
2. blue plastisol pantone
3. green plastisol pantone
4. flourescent orange
5. flourescent red
6. top white
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
POSTED FOR TONY:

I try to pre-engineer all our sim process stuff but this one got away from me. The first picture will show the first attempt. The car on the bottom is unacceptable. So the films are laid out on my huge light table. My first thought is we need to re-sep. Then after some careful study I see what he’s trying to do. The bottom Camaro prints with a fairly solid 80% halftone the highlighted and shadow with yellow, red, and brown. Switched two screens and added a second flash to keep it clean and bam out of the park. They were printing the solid orange over the accent screens hence the mottling. The second picture depicts the fix.

Not sure what I am missing but I like the top picture better?
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2011, 06:04:16 PM »
Scott,

Thats a nice job. POP! of course. Who was that for?  The brand/label I mean. Not the pint customer.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
Scott,

Thats a nice job. POP! of course. Who was that for?  The brand/label I mean. Not the pint customer.

Generic design by Top Heavy Clothing.  Doing samples for meetings.  Hasn't been sold yet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
Hot off the press..  Looks super bright in person. (the photo doesn't do it justice)

The goal of this shirt was to give the illusion of lots of neon colors using only 2 flouresents.

6 color separation

1. base white
4. flourescent orange
5. flourescent red
6. top white

Where's the glow in the dark?  Might as well with all that going on.  Looks rad Scott.  I think your ability to sep art like this, using fluoro's which are a big variable, zip it off to the printer and have this result shows a lot of chops and savvy. 

Do you have a dedicated printer or did this clothing co. have you run the seps and send to theirs?  Just curious on what level of integration you have as the separator with the original artist, the company selling to end users and the printers.  I mean, do these guys approach you saying something like "we want this art to scream in neon colors using plastisol on rinspun 40/1 cotton Ts, colors need to be "x" or less" ?   I ask because if I saw a concept like this I would be so full of questions and focused on locking down all my variables and guiding the client into the right choice for them and for us as printers.  A lot could have gone very wrong with a print like that. 

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »

6 color separation

1. base white
4. flourescent orange
5. flourescent red
6. top white

Where's the glow in the dark?  Might as well with all that going on.  Looks rad Scott.  I think your ability to sep art like this, using fluoro's which are a big variable, zip it off to the printer and have this result shows a lot of chops and savvy. 

Do you have a dedicated printer or did this clothing co. have you run the seps and send to theirs?  Just curious on what level of integration you have as the separator with the original artist, the company selling to end users and the printers.  I mean, do these guys approach you saying something like "we want this art to scream in neon colors using plastisol on rinspun 40/1 cotton Ts, colors need to be "x" or less" ?   I ask because if I saw a concept like this I would be so full of questions and focused on locking down all my variables and guiding the client into the right choice for them and for us as printers.  A lot could have gone very wrong with a print like that.

Glow in the dark would actually dull the brightness of the colors.  Plus there would be a costing issue since you are using 2 types of specialty ink (flourescent and glow).

Well, I work for Top Heavy full time. (If you haven't heard of Top Heavy, they are a leader in generic tees for Boys & Youth markets selling to JCPennys, Sears, Mervyns, Target, Kohls, etc.)  I am the only separator here, so everything goes through me. (Thats alot of seps!)  Also, I am the Sample Director, so I am constantly down in the print shop, doing approvals and learning ALOT while I get hands on with the printers.
We have a screenprint shop in-house but it is a separate company.  With everything here, we can turn a design concept to a final print sample in the same day. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »
POSTED FOR TONY:

I try to pre-engineer all our sim process stuff but this one got away from me. The first picture will show the first attempt. The car on the bottom is unacceptable. So the films are laid out on my huge light table. My first thought is we need to re-sep. Then after some careful study I see what he’s trying to do. The bottom Camaro prints with a fairly solid 80% halftone the highlighted and shadow with yellow, red, and brown. Switched two screens and added a second flash to keep it clean and bam out of the park. They were printing the solid orange over the accent screens hence the mottling. The second picture depicts the fix.

I agree with Ink but what do I know. lol. The bottom pic looks more flat to me though.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2011, 06:59:47 AM »
POSTED FOR TONY:

I agree with Ink but what do I know. lol. The bottom pic looks more flat to me though.

Correct the top picture is the GM approved shirt with better color saturation and definition.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:44:52 AM by Dottonedan »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately? A TEE REX. HA!~
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2011, 05:07:31 PM »
Lay me off will ya?

This is one of three designs that was picked up by Universal Studios in Fl.  I collaborated with another artist to art direct, adjust,revise and develop with the buyer. This is when I first got laid off from "you know who".  If felt good to sell three designs to the competition. :) 3 months later.  Hahahahahaha! ~

Once approved, then I separated. 8 colors + a clear gel. 230 base, 305's on top.  We revised it once. The buyer seemed to want to make a mark on it and do some color adjusting.  This is a typical situation where you A, do not charge for samples (directly) and B, do not charge for screens (directly). You can include them into the final cost, but don't itemize it as they think they don't pay for samples and screens.  I also wante dot mention, (look at the name drop at bottom).  How simple is that?  Thats what they wanted. They even provide me with the type. HA!  It's a shame thats all they wanted in the name. No fancy type style. No effects. Nothing.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:11:16 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2011, 08:34:24 AM »
Some sorta recent stuff:

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube