Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557588 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »
LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
Here's 2 I just finished off jpeg, ppt and png files. You know that really good art file stuff. :-X

This one 5 colors including 2 whites and no black

6 color

This was the front

6 color

all 100 poly badger t's

That's mostly the high light of my work right now is to take the unprintable and make a shirt out of it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:47:01 PM by killergraphics »

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
Hey Killer, is that front a left chest?  Nice work for a hillbilly :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »
Did some printing for my wife.

She has an art show coming up at this salon/gallery ran by some old friends in NC.

http://www.rpssalondurham.com/art

The prints are of some drawings she's done.

The drawings are of these small sculptures she made from edited magnetic recording tape from a record my band made a few years back. I collected the excess tape from the edits (what ended up on the floor) and she sewed ir into sculptures.

Then she drew the sculptures in ink.

Then we scanned the drawings.

Then I printed them up on the 7600.

Then I screen printed the drawings onto pieces of painted birch plywood. There was about 26 prints in all. ONE manually printed pass on each, no second try. Aced it.

These will be hung in the gallery. The finished prints each look vaguely like letters or numbers or punctuation.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. That's my new M&R single color manual press btw. Had it in a temporary setup in my recording studio until I get it installed permanently at home.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:24:07 AM by Evo »
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
Hey Killer, is that front a left chest?  Nice work for a hillbilly :)

Yes.

Alan you know me...anyone can take a nice piece of art and print it.

I've had to work with poor files so long...I just went with the flow and offer it as a contract service now and on a budget.

If your day is not boring enough watch this...it's 22 minutes or so.

just talking

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »
Johnny nice to see you over here on a site with some actual posting.   ;)

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2012, 09:12:13 AM »
Thanks

Let's keep it nice. I just try to help when and where ever I am. The young ones are the only ones I care much about.

Johnny

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:32 AM »
I've already watched it Johnny, way ahead of ya.  My wife asked me who that guy in the screen printing video was and I told here that was The Killer, and she said that she thought The Killer was an old country music guy who played the piano...true story.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2012, 09:37:44 AM »
I've already watched it Johnny, way ahead of ya.  My wife asked me who that guy in the screen printing video was and I told here that was The Killer, and she said that she thought The Killer was an old country music guy who played the piano...true story.

Jerry Lee Lewis the original Killer. I guess I've done everything and more then he...except marry my cousin. :o

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire / Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On (1980, without band!)

He was the Killer the year I was born.

Jerry Lee Lewis - 1st Steve Allen Show 1957 (extended version)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:47:11 AM by killergraphics »

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
Here is a new one. We were sitting on the art for a year. Customer paid to get it done then disappeared. He showed back up 2 weeks ago wanting to get his shirts done....lol

55lpi on 230's and 305's

6 colors- black, 186, 188,2925, yellow c, and cool gray 10 or so.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
Nice to see you over here Johnny.  I really liked that first video on Jerry Lee.  Shows him as a comfortable, polished, entertainer.  A bit like you in your video.  Cut offs and all, lol.  Hey, I got the Ultraseps too now and find it mighty impressive.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »
Thanks

Let's keep it nice. I just try to help when and where ever I am. The young ones are the only ones I care much about.

Johnny

No intentions any other way. 

I did notice you guys making some out of context comments about my business a few times though.  But hey, that's ok. 

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
Nice to see you over here Johnny.  I really liked that first video on Jerry Lee.  Shows him as a comfortable, polished, entertainer. A bit like you in your video.  Cut offs and all, lol.  Hey, I got the Ultraseps too now and find it mighty impressive.

HaHa
Wayne the way we know each other, as stupid as things on TV are nowdays, If I was to put some clothes on...who knows?

But back to me. I am glad some people like them as you can see I put so much effort in them. :o

But if one person learns something...it was worth it to me.

I do miss my vid buddy and yes I think I'm Really liking Ultraseps.

Johnny
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:58:22 PM by killergraphics »

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Thanks

Johnny

I did notice you guys making some out of context comments about my business a few times though.  But hey, that's ok.

Brandt Please understand...when I'm here...there is no there. I miss talking to some of these guys to much.

But you are good enough on your wording that I will say the Only thing I have said and a few times.

Is you are a model for some of these guys to learn from and that on each side of the business you are doing well.

One jacket comment that I hoped helped from past experience.

But don't worry I will not again.

Johnny
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:52:07 PM by killergraphics »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
Thanks

Johnny

Brandt Please understand...when I'm here...there is no there. I miss talking to some of these guys to much.

But you are good enough on your wording that I will say the Only thing I have said and a few times.

Is you are a model for some of these guys to learn from and that on each side of the business you are doing well.

One jacket comment that I hoped helped from past experience.

But don't worry I will not again.

Johnny

Sorry to get off subject a bit.

Johnny you didn't make me mad or anything and you are welcome to say whatever you want about my business, I thank you for your kind comments.  The out of context stuff wasn't just you, it caught my eye was the comments like "he's not doing anything new" or "ive done applique for years".

I never suggested that I invented applique/custom leather inserts, or that it was new to the world.....  In context though, it is however very new to the niche of custom truck guys that make up a large portion of my customers.  So "NEW" in context was correct.  I never barged up into a ISS show and said "hey guys I invented custom leather inserts on jackets".  LOL.  I have been involved in the custom truck market for 20 years now and traveled as far west as Cali, as far east as New Jersey to truck events, never saw a single jacket made like I am doing now.  So take that for what it is worth. 

Not upset at all, just thought id bring it up.

I also think some smaller shops can learn from me in one big way.  Jump in and get that Auto, get those machines.  You CAN afford it if you are willing to work for it.  I am a ultra small shop... if I can afford it so can the next guy.