Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557415 times)

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
  • putting pixels to work since 1984
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #510 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
I never liked the hd meshes. They are more durable though so static stretchers like them so they ship ok and if yer press ops need to lay floods and squeegees on the mesh to setup and tear down it will damage the 30 micron threads on the S.  Super delicate stuff, but one of my favorites.

310/30 just dumps ink for a tpi like that though, might be worth the headache of switching.  You could likely up the ppi on the square dots too.

Thanks for the feedback ZooCity! that makes allot of sense and i will continue to request the S. I believe they are resisting switching from the HD because of the durability issue. I may even offer to pay for a set of S meshed screens just to see the difference.

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #511 on: September 05, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
Here is one we did recently. 11 colors 55lpi. Super soft hand.

nice print CastleKing! what mesh did you use with the 55lpi?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »
Kinda cool shirt lol.  It was for a local CrossFit gym.

Bella blend, Matsui bright discharge base, wb yellow, red, blue and black!  These muscley women are crazy!

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
The coloring on the plates broke my mind for a few moments.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #514 on: September 05, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Love the TMNT print, it has been years since I have used random dot seps. We first used them back in 1997, I believe. Resolution was around 170 something so that we could print Union plasticharge white through 150x for our underbase and 355x overprint colors.

The cross fit shirt is a cool design, nice looking print. We have been getting quite a few orders for cross fit as of late.

No fight here.  :D   I can relate and a printer of your calibre is often using the most colors to achieve the best quality print. If allowed and if available, I'd do the same.  The thing is, for me and most of my customers, 90% of them have an 8 color or less press. So, I'm accustom to knocking the art down to what will work for them.  I'm pretty good at pushing the limits and getting the most out of a press.

We are limited to 7 colors max here. The majority of our sim process is 6 colors. I have worked with a twelve color press before and all that I found was that the artist would find a color for every available head, needed or not. :-\ :D

Dale Hoyal

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #515 on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
Love the TMNT print, it has been years since I have used random dot seps. We first used them back in 1997, I believe. Resolution was around 170 something so that we could print Union plasticharge white through 150x for our underbase and 355x overprint colors.

The cross fit shirt is a cool design, nice looking print. We have been getting quite a few orders for cross fit as of late.

No fight here.  :D   I can relate and a printer of your calibre is often using the most colors to achieve the best quality print. If allowed and if available, I'd do the same.  The thing is, for me and most of my customers, 90% of them have an 8 color or less press. So, I'm accustom to knocking the art down to what will work for them.  I'm pretty good at pushing the limits and getting the most out of a press.

We are limited to 7 colors max here. The majority of our sim process is 6 colors. I have worked with a twelve color press before and all that I found was that the artist would find a color for every available head, needed or not. :-\ :D

Everytime we got a bigger press, our artist found a way to fill it up, NEEDED or NOT!  Who needs 2 greys and 2 blacks, I used to burn that shite together and no one ever knew the difference.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #516 on: September 06, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Snatch in the Box?  Isn't that redundant?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #517 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:17 AM »
Snatch in the Box?  Isn't that redundant?

That's what I told them!!  I work out there too (trade tshirts for torture), and they refer to the gym as, "the box".  The Mens Canvas 3000H in heather tan didn't discharge as bright as I would have liked but they understand that results don't always match the proof and they prefer a shirt that breathes over plastisol.

Offline CastleKing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #518 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »

We used 355 on all colors and 305 on UL all at 35 newtons.
Dan Zmuda
Nazdar SourceOne
Product Manager

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #519 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »

We used 355 on all colors and 305 on UL all at 35 newtons.

Sweet!  Thats some fine detail and softer prints.  ;)  Good going.  I found that the higher the mesh, the more colors I needed also.  Cuz while you are holding finer dots and a softer hand, the coverage is less...and therefore sometimes takes away the "kick" in the print. So, we add another color of a darker or lighter tone to make up.  The end result is still a soft print and great detail as well as contrast/depth as seen here. Stellar example.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline CastleKing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #520 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
This is some of our good stuff. This is a 12 color on charcoal grey. This is printed at 85 lpi. We are able to hold an incredible amount of detail. Check out the dust behind the wheels.
Dan Zmuda
Nazdar SourceOne
Product Manager

Offline CastleKing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Here is the close up of the dust.
Dan Zmuda
Nazdar SourceOne
Product Manager

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
That is ..........WOW

(I did not mean wet-on-wet)

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »
very nice print! 85lpi? what mesh and brand was used?
may i ask who did the seps or what was used?

Offline CastleKing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »
very nice print! 85lpi? what mesh and brand was used?
may i ask who did the seps or what was used?

Mesh is Sefar 355 yellow dyed mesh. We do all of our seps internally. No quick sep software, just the old fashioned way in Photoshop. The shirt is even more impressive in person.
Dan Zmuda
Nazdar SourceOne
Product Manager