Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557421 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #645 on: March 13, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »
Some more metal shirts! Good band but not as cool as the mighty OverKill a couple of posts above this. And cool print but not as cool as that Overkill either! But two screens front, discharge and plastisol white highlite. Back discharge. High mesh on auto, the usual. Cool shirt though

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #646 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »
Really nice looking grayscale images and print.  Great print ...but you printers suck at taking pictures. LOL. Go get someone from the art department to hold that camera still for you. ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #647 on: March 13, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
I finally got a chance to try the newman roller frames today.  I tried to hol the camera still so if it looks a little blurry, you'll know why.

Nice big bass and deer Shirtshack. Good detail. Bright whites, good shadows,  Looks like you switched up the print order and put the yellow up on top of the red and may ahve come out browner if red was over...and black on top. Just a note.   A little yellow, but looks good overall.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #648 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:12 PM »
Hey Dan, your right, I am horrible with photos. So here are two more pics of another cool metal shirt we did today. Clear discharge underbase, pantone green plastisol and highlite white plastisol. Wet on wet, no flash. Again if it was just all the same brand and same shirt we would just do discharge all the way but we had hoodies that were different and not 100% cotton so the plastisol on top helps with that issue. But pretty neat. Any one want to start a metal / rockn'roll thread?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #649 on: March 13, 2013, 10:13:18 PM »
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2013, 05:20:07 PM »
Here is a 4 spot/4cp job we did this morning.  We did have to run this job around two revolutions, it simply wouldn't print well without cooldown stations but I did try for a while to get it to print in one revolution.  A 12 color press would have been fine for this job in one revolution, but not the old 10.  We printed the base and spot colors on the first revolution and then did the 4cp plus white on the second revolution.  The golden yellow was the trouble screen in the group, I couldn't print directly after flashing that one so I broke one of my rules to get this thing out the door.  It was only 50 pieces so it didn't take all that long to get done.

1st Revolution:
Base 205
Flash
Brown 230
Golden Yellow 195/55
Flash

Second Revolution
Yellow 305
Magenta 305
Cyan 305
Black 305
White 205

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »
With St Pat's day this weekend we just ran a bunch of these shirts. We printed them all without the name on the top and the very bottom text line( I printed one for that client of mine and dropped his name on the top for fun and that was the only one I took a photo of)...... Artwork and seps by our freelancer J. Duncan. He did this art for one of his clients originally and we adapted. I was in a hurry to print these so we only printed 3 colors -

White - 272 mesh
Black - 305 mesh
Dark Green PMS 350 - 272 mesh.....

For only being 3 colors it came out really nice.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:35:43 PM by Dottonedan »
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »
Very nice Alan, girl got some hips  ;D...golden yellow seems to be a tacky ink in just about any brand, I know our union golden yellow is a pain to print wet on wet if your doing a big spot of it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #653 on: March 14, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
Looks grrrreat!  wow tho.  While it's awesome, its a big job for 50 shirts. But hey, if they pay for it, it's a good job.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #654 on: March 14, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »
Looks grrrreat!  wow tho.  While it's awesome, its a big job for 50 shirts. But hey, if they pay for it, it's a good job.

We were helping another printer and customer out by doing these.  It was a little more than what the other shop could do so we did them a solid.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #655 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
DannyG,   LOVE IT!  the water drops....and especially the 4 leaf clover (water drop) is a very cool add on.  Nice touch.  Simple 3 color BOOM!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #656 on: March 14, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
Looks great. Any ink with yellow seems to have horrific after flash tack.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #657 on: March 14, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
I finally got a chance to try the newman roller frames today.  I tried to hol the camera still so if it looks a little blurry, you'll know why.

Nice big bass and deer Shirtshack. Good detail. Bright whites, good shadows,  Looks like you switched up the print order and put the yellow up on top of the red and may ahve come out browner if red was over...and black on top. Just a note.   A little yellow, but looks good overall.

Hi Dan,

I appreciate the honest criticism.  Any advice is appreciated.  I am definitely dropping sep studio and letting you do my seps on complicated jobs from now on. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #658 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
Here's another one that we recently printed. I just happened to have a sample laying around but thought this was pretty neat art. This ended up being 8 colors including 2 whites. Base was printed on 225 s mesh, 230/48 for most of the colors with a couple on 305's. Just one stroke on all colors, no revolver mode on this.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #659 on: March 15, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
Here's another one that we recently printed. I just happened to have a sample laying around but thought this was pretty neat art. This ended up being 8 colors including 2 whites. Base was printed on 225 s mesh, 230/48 for most of the colors with a couple on 305's. Just one stroke on all colors, no revolver mode on this.

Nice print. What LPI?