Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557468 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #660 on: March 15, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
Nice! Good looking print

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »
Here's another one that we recently printed. I just happened to have a sample laying around but thought this was pretty neat art. This ended up being 8 colors including 2 whites. Base was printed on 225 s mesh, 230/48 for most of the colors with a couple on 305's. Just one stroke on all colors, no revolver mode on this.

Nice print. What LPI?

47 LPI on that bahrain design with the dragster on it..... 47/22.5 on all screens

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #662 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »
Ok I know this is no where near as cool or technical as some of your guys stuff (especially Danny's St. Patrick's Day print!) but we printed this the other day and I think it came out pretty cool!

Nick

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #663 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
ooooooh!  ;D     Very good use of halftones. You know I like me some halftones.

Exceptional as far as I'm concerned.   This has as much value as being a great print as any sim process job and a poster child for saving colors and money as any job with great results.  Love it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #664 on: March 20, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »
Thanks Dan! Coming from you that means a lot!!

I love this print, I love it when I get to do halftone/distressed/gradient designs, most of the time the customer rejects them because they think it means more colors and the sales people don't explain that its not, or the owner steps in and says that its to complicated to set up or run so I have to "flatten" it out so there is no halftones. But this one was only two colors...black and maroon.

Nick

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #665 on: March 20, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »

we've been messing around with halftones a bunch lately too. Still trying to get better at printing them, and better at taking photos. and they are no where near as good as some of the other prints i've seen here, but we are getting better!

still killing it with spot color discharge though
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #666 on: March 20, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »
Nice Eric, looks like you'll be ready for DC halftones soon.

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #667 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Another simple use of halftones.  (Not sure if we could manage complex ones!)
Matt

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #668 on: March 20, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
Another simple use of halftones.  (Not sure if we could manage complex ones!)
Matt

Matt,
printing what you did is much harder than you think. Keeping the halftone background clean and even is something we still struggle with. What you call complex, is in many ways easier than what you did already!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #669 on: March 20, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »
Ok I know this is no where near as cool or technical as some of your guys stuff (especially Danny's St. Patrick's Day print!) but we printed this the other day and I think it came out pretty cool!

Nick

this is one of the best two color prints I have seen in a very long time! Awesome design! Hopefully it's yours, but even if it is not, the print looks great!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #670 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
printed this afternoon. Had to rush through it, only had 2.5 hours to set up and print 200 pieces. There was a little bit too much red in the face and the green should have been a little darker, but all together does not look bad.

huge close up file for anybody interested.
230UB, 305 for rest. Had to use statics as the print is slightly oversized.
55lpi.

This is what our everyday prints look like! This was a quick and dirty without time to burn new screens. We had to pull out one ink and remix it, but other than that, few setting on the press and out she goes.

pierre

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:50:12 PM by blue moon »

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #671 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:01 PM »
Nice work Pierre, way to bump em out, not everything has to be a perfect print but they all should be pleasing to the eye and this one is.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #672 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:39 PM »
Awesome print Sir! I love doing seps with art like this and the printing is fun. And the guys on the presses always love doing these waaaay more than setting up 2 and 3 color company logos all day.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #673 on: March 21, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »

this is one of the best two color prints I have seen in a very long time! Awesome design! Hopefully it's yours, but even if it is not, the print looks great!

pierre

Thank you sir! Over all it is my design the "logo" in the middle was provided by the school but of course it was a tiny jpg so I had to recreate it. But they just gave me the concept they wanted and this is how it came out.

Nick

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
Here is a a couple of crappy cell phone shots of a cool 3clr halftone we printed the other day....

I'm always really excited when I design something and it looks a certain way (halftones especially) on screen and then it looks really close to it when it gets printed!

Nick