Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557737 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #765 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »
wait, that's a print? I thought it was real fish!  ;D

lookin' good Kevin!

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #766 on: June 26, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
You guys are too kind, especially you Pierre.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #767 on: June 27, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »
Here's one we were printing today....I thought it was worth of posting since the print looks like it's really coming off the shirt. Very 3 dimensional so it looks pretty cool. Actual shirt in person looks much better then this photo shows. My camera has a weird mind of it's own...

This was White base, Grey, Yellow, orange, and red.....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #768 on: June 27, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »
And just like that my fish is poo! :-p

Why didn't you just let the yellow and red make the orange?  Just trying to learn.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #769 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:49 PM »
And just like that my fish is poo! :-p

Why didn't you just let the yellow and red make the orange?  Just trying to learn.

Hey now that fish you got there is nicer looking then this one I just posted! LOL

Printing just the red instead of orange will work but I feel like we have more control on press when we have the additional color instead of using the tones of red. I'm confident we would be able to get the print to look near the same but in my experience doing flames we have always achieved a better print using an orange in there. It just allows us to finely tweak the colors to get them to look the way we want... No real secrets or tricks, just what works for us.

Danny Gruninger

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #770 on: June 27, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Very nice print!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #771 on: June 27, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »
Here's another one that we just printed... Went on multiple color shirts but did the strike off on white..... this one was 7 colors total.... All colors printed on 272 roller mesh @ 40n with the base on a 225s mesh.

Danny Gruninger

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #772 on: June 27, 2013, 09:09:44 PM »
The flames are killer.  Yes, best case is to be able to use red, Orange and Yellow + some highlights of white...if you've got that room and customer budget.

Danny's often got both customer budget and number of available heads for that but most medium to small shops don't so they are more accustom to keeping the colors down and blending Red and Yellow.

When I worked at my last screen print shop, I used to post about things that I knew about (from a shop that would buy whatever I needed) as long as I could justify it. We had all of the bells and whistles and a 16 color, 22 station press + 3 others. We had Wet film imagesetters, hygrometers, 3 levels/options of temperature gadgets, Densitometers, emulsion gauges, etc. So when discussing my experiences, many people didn't relate to a portion of what I as saying. Some got bothered by my conversations with me not realizing many or most shops don't have these luxuries.  So having enough budget and room on press is a luxury that most don't always have either.

I do miss those toys.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #773 on: June 27, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »
SWEET!!!  Medium

Wittle guy :)  I'll take a 2X or an extra XL.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #774 on: June 28, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »
Here's one we were printing today....I thought it was worth of posting since the print looks like it's really coming off the shirt. Very 3 dimensional so it looks pretty cool. Actual shirt in person looks much better then this photo shows. My camera has a weird mind of it's own...

This was White base, Grey, Yellow, orange, and red.....

Super awesome print!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #775 on: June 28, 2013, 07:20:46 AM »
Some stuff:

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #776 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:17 AM »
your flag is incorrect on the Vintage shirt.  The blue field should always be in the upper left corner.  Sorry, that is probably one of my top 10 pet peeves.  I don't know why.  It's correct on the one 2 below it.

Nice prints though.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #777 on: June 28, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
your flag is incorrect on the Vintage shirt.  The blue field should always be in the upper left corner.  Sorry, that is probably one of my top 10 pet peeves.  I don't know why.  It's correct on the one 2 below it.

Nice prints though.

Unfortunately it was how they wanted it, specifically asked for it that way, it was modeled after a vintage poster done that exact way. I made him aware of it, he declined to allow it to be changed.  <shrug>

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #778 on: June 28, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
Love love love that Gad pump art.  The cars are good too, but that is awesome.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #779 on: June 28, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »
SWEET!!!  Medium

Wittle guy :)  I'll take a 2X or an extra XL.

If you would let me catch up in the burrito department I might be able to move into a Large!!!