Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557546 times)

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #780 on: June 28, 2013, 02:03:37 PM »
Awesome prints! Great looking art as well.

your flag is incorrect on the Vintage shirt.  The blue field should always be in the upper left corner.  Sorry, that is probably one of my top 10 pet peeves.  I don't know why.  It's correct on the one 2 below it.

Nice prints though.

Unfortunately it was how they wanted it, specifically asked for it that way, it was modeled after a vintage poster done that exact way. I made him aware of it, he declined to allow it to be changed.  <shrug>

OK, if we're going to get picky about flag etiquette... the flag isn't supposed to be on the shirt in the first place. It's not supposed to be part of clothing or costume unless it's a uniform and it's not to be printed on anything that will eventually get thrown away (like Fourth of July napkins, for instance). You're not supposed to put anything on or over it, like a signature or logo, either, so the Severed Ties one is a no-no on that level as well.

But hey, we're all guilty of this stuff... I know I am... just poking Brad in the rib a little. These shirts look great, so rock on!  8)

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #781 on: June 28, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »
Here's one we were printing today....I thought it was worth of posting since the print looks like it's really coming off the shirt. Very 3 dimensional so it looks pretty cool. Actual shirt in person looks much better then this photo shows. My camera has a weird mind of it's own...

This was White base, Grey, Yellow, orange, and red.....

AWESOME!!!!!....did you design that?? Fantastic!
Mark

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #782 on: June 28, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
Thought this one was pretty good.

Sim-Process on black 55LPI

1. 230x(S) wilflex sprint white
2. 255x wilflex so drake red
3.              "         royal
4.                        brite blue
5.                        lt. gold
6.                       sprint white

squegees 55/90/55 @ 20 degrees

that's insane!!! Looking at that depresses me its so good. I don't see me getting to that level of design or print unless I quit my actual job and dedicated every waking moment to screen printing and graphic design.
Mark

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #783 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
Awesome prints! Great looking art as well.

your flag is incorrect on the Vintage shirt.  The blue field should always be in the upper left corner.  Sorry, that is probably one of my top 10 pet peeves.  I don't know why.  It's correct on the one 2 below it.

Nice prints though.

Unfortunately it was how they wanted it, specifically asked for it that way, it was modeled after a vintage poster done that exact way. I made him aware of it, he declined to allow it to be changed.  <shrug>

OK, if we're going to get picky about flag etiquette... the flag isn't supposed to be on the shirt in the first place. It's not supposed to be part of clothing or costume unless it's a uniform and it's not to be printed on anything that will eventually get thrown away (like Fourth of July napkins, for instance). You're not supposed to put anything on or over it, like a signature or logo, either, so the Severed Ties one is a no-no on that level as well.

But hey, we're all guilty of this stuff... I know I am... just poking Brad in the rib a little. These shirts look great, so rock on!  8)

Love love love that Gad pump art.  The cars are good too, but that is awesome.

Thanks guys! 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #784 on: June 28, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
@Mark_Hurricane

Yes, I thought that one was pretty good as well. ')  Here I am with my magnifying glass checking out the competition. I had that pic taken cuz I wanted to say to Orion, "Hey, I say your shirt and it was great"!  Then I hesitated to post it. Might of been thought of as a poke at him for not getting 1st...but I assure you all, thats far from the case.

Of all the prints on that wall. That one should have placed for sure. I don't remember if it did for sure. I think it did get a 2nd or 3rd place. That was a tough competition right there. I think we got 1st or 2nd and Any Anderson got the other.visa versa... and this one came in 3rd I think. Not sure on that. still tho,  All three are members here. :)  Andy doesn't pop in that often but he's a lurker. :)

Hard to tell who's on first.  Neuck nuck nuck.
Anyone whoever gets in the top three are equally as good in my opinion. Andy's a tough one to beat tho since his every day stuff is just like his award winners. You have to bring something new and phenomenal to beat him and there is just not that much else one can do. At that point, I think it's a personal preference on the judges part if you can beat his submissions.

In this day of screen printing, it gets a lot harder to do an award winner since I think that the vast majority of printers are far more educated than they were 20 yrs ago in comparison. Much of that is due to these forums and trade mags.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:31:35 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #785 on: July 03, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »
Seped by Dot tone and the film printed by Pierre@ Blue Moon all I did was monkey the print up LOL thanks guys, I think it turned out pretty good.. if Dan likes it he will fill you all in on the seps ::)

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #786 on: July 03, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »
SHASAM!  Balam!  Shaloubop-o-BAM!   Thats PERFECT!  Looks flipp'n sweet!

Love those bright colors. All of the subtle colors and do dads all popped out as well. Good subtle color transitions.

The art had a little bit more of a harder transition from color to color but I compensated for that and faded them into each other a little more to be softer. Screen printing and dot gain tends to make a semi soft transition look a little more abrupt.

Thats 4 color process er rather pseudo process (using spot colors) on dark colored tees with a white underbase and a top white.

The 4 color part is actually YRB+ a rich Purple. No black in the art.

SWEET printing Darryl. It takes good films, good seps and good printing to make that all come together!

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #787 on: July 05, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
@Mark_Hurricane

Yes, I thought that one was pretty good as well. ')  Here I am with my magnifying glass checking out the competition. I had that pic taken cuz I wanted to say to Orion, "Hey, I say your shirt and it was great"!  Then I hesitated to post it. Might of been thought of as a poke at him for not getting 1st...but I assure you all, thats far from the case.

Of all the prints on that wall. That one should have placed for sure. I don't remember if it did for sure. I think it did get a 2nd or 3rd place. That was a tough competition right there. I think we got 1st or 2nd and Any Anderson got the other.visa versa... and this one came in 3rd I think. Not sure on that. still tho,  All three are members here. :)  Andy doesn't pop in that often but he's a lurker. :)

Hard to tell who's on first.  Neuck nuck nuck.
Anyone whoever gets in the top three are equally as good in my opinion. Andy's a tough one to beat tho since his every day stuff is just like his award winners. You have to bring something new and phenomenal to beat him and there is just not that much else one can do. At that point, I think it's a personal preference on the judges part if you can beat his submissions.

In this day of screen printing, it gets a lot harder to do an award winner since I think that the vast majority of printers are far more educated than they were 20 yrs ago in comparison. Much of that is due to these forums and trade mags.

Thanks Dan! We did take 3rd place that year. Andy Anderson, taking 1st and 2nd with Lady Antebellum and Keith Urban. What we do is nothing special, there are many others that can do the same, and or better. This very thread, is testament to that, I've seen a lot of great prints here. Keep 'em coming guys!
Dale Hoyal

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #788 on: July 05, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »
Hmmm.  Our place must have been in another category. I don't keep track of them as you an tell, but we were one of those top three in some category that year.

Edit.  I took the time to go back i and look. We weren't even in the same categories. Our 1st place was in the (Multi color on light or dark garments) category.  I don't see or understand much difference between the two categories, but probably it's just a way of having yet another opportunity to recognize and showcase more great prints. Like we said, it's so much more difficult these days to choose what is better than another with so many great prints out there. everyones so much more educated that the bar has been raised greatly.

http://impressions.issshows.com/screen-printing-designs/Multicolor-on-Light--6545.shtml#4

http://impressions.issshows.com/industry-news/Winners-of-the-2012--5679.shtml
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:15:24 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #789 on: July 08, 2013, 08:09:03 PM »
2 Color DC print. 
Art by John Sullivan
55lpi
DC_Yellow 230mesh
DC_50/50 White 230mesh

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #790 on: July 08, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
That us humungously sweet. I can't see a dot.  Like that a lot.  Did John dod the seps or did you?  nice.  intelligent printing.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #791 on: July 08, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
That us humungously sweet. I can't see a dot.  Like that a lot.  Did John dod the seps or did you?  nice.  intelligent printing.

Thanks Dan.  I did the seps myself. 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #792 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
nice parker1.  You got a lot done in two colors, love the continuous tone.  How did you get the wispy blue smoky parts out of yellow + white?

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #793 on: July 09, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »
nice parker1.  You got a lot done in two colors, love the continuous tone.  How did you get the wispy blue smoky parts out of yellow + white?

I attached a close up, the picture for what ever reason makes it look blue. 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #794 on: July 09, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »
I was gonna ask the same thing about the blue, bout to say dam !!! whats your secret....very nice, I'm with Dan the blend is dead on.. pun intended LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!