Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557639 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #810 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
These are not as cool as what I am seeing but it is something. Please keep in mind that it is very hard to take a picture of a balloon.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #811 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
nothing in 2 months...my biz is sucking. Having a full time job and screen printing on the side does not do well for my biz. Right now I just rely on past customers that want re-orders....and those are far and few between. I printed maybe 5 jobs this year....not massive orders either.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:31:48 PM by Mark @ Hurricane Printing »
Mark

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #812 on: July 18, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »
Matt,

So do you print those balloons flat and I'm assuming those are something different than rubber, like mylar maybe? So they are not as stretchy as the rubber balloons I'm guessing. Is that how you can get such a good image with little distortion. Pretty cool.

Ever find a need to screen print multiple colors on those like a sim process or process job?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #813 on: July 18, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
Dan,
Those are all mylar balloons and printed flat. We do mostly 1 color with a few 2 color jobs. The inks that I use are air dry. They are not for wow printing so on my 6 color press it is a very difficult task to print 2 colors. You have to move slow enough for the ink to dry between colors but not so slow that the ink dries in screen... Total pain. In the future I would like buy a much larger press. I am thinking 14 colors or so. With that I may be able to 4cp on these guys.
We can get great looking photos on latex balloons too. It is all about balance. This was not a great photo from the customer. The balloon looks better than what they sent.
Matt

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #814 on: July 18, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »
YO@Balloonguy

can you print on condoms too?

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #815 on: July 18, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
Gabe,
We used to do it on our old manual/offset presses. That was like 30 years ago though. It could be done but we would need to source some non lubricated, non powders condoms. Last time we looked they were all coming out of Korea (I think). They did not want to be bothered with just a few thousand. they only wanted to sell containers.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #816 on: July 18, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »
a few thousand sounds like a fun weekend around our house...

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #817 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:02 PM »
a few thousand sounds like a fun weekend around our house...
You can melt 365 in to a tire and call it a good year!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
Here's one that we printed yesterday.... Just had my tester/sample shirt laying around so figured I'd snap a pic..... In person this shirt looks awesome compared to this photo..... This is a navy blue shirt with 8 color print....This was a pretty easy one for us, double stroke the base and single stroke rest of colors..... 180 base and 272 mesh for top colors.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #819 on: July 19, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
Here's one that we printed yesterday.... Just had my tester/sample shirt laying around so figured I'd snap a pic..... In person this shirt looks awesome compared to this photo..... This is a navy blue shirt with 8 color print....This was a pretty easy one for us, double stroke the base and single stroke rest of colors..... 180 base and 272 mesh for top colors.

Nice print. Where were the flashes set up?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #820 on: July 19, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »

Nice print. Where were the flashes set up?

Underbase then flash..... Grey, light blue, yellow, flash..... then rest of colors.... 2 flashes

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #821 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »
Great print, thanks for the flash locations. You know the only thing that bothers me about it is the "hair" covers the "P" in pro stock. Looks like Fro stock. Unless this is some Afican American race club.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #822 on: July 23, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
Ran this one  yesterday.  Art by Sully.  7 colors
230 Base 255 & 305 on the rest.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #823 on: July 23, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
i honestly thought that was a piece of wood with a print on it! Nice job to both the printer and the artist!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #824 on: July 23, 2013, 06:03:27 PM »
nice morning wood effect I`ll buy a tut :o