Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557482 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #855 on: September 20, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #856 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:07 AM »
Great work guys.  I love seeing great prints 1st thing in the morning. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #857 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »
Lil 5 color DC

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #858 on: September 21, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
two designs we printed last wednesday. i hope you like them  :)

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #859 on: September 21, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
Putting a real horse on a shirt is not screen printing. ;)

That is unbelievable. Is that discharge?

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #860 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
Putting a real horse on a shirt is not screen printing. ;)

That is unbelievable. Is that discharge?

discharge underbase with plastisol colors

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #861 on: September 23, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

Ummm, wife wants to know where she can order one.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #862 on: September 25, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

there are no dealers in the us at the moment i guess. i will see the customer next friday and will find out.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #863 on: September 25, 2013, 10:48:28 PM »

The Mountain has some nice horse shirts....
http://shop.themountain.me/search.php?q=horse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #864 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Here's one we are printing today......This one is 5 color plus 2 whites all printed wet on wet after the base.....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #865 on: October 01, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »
Good looking print but the face looks a little jacked up..........

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #866 on: October 05, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
Here's some art and seps I did for one of our members. I'm told it was his first time printing sim process of any kind. We walked through the process. He bought some high mesh,new inks, setup suggestions and the works. 1800 shirts. Apparently ran without any hiccups.

This looked pretty derned sweet for a first timer and will open some new doors for him I'm sure. :) He apparently was already a good printer but just never did sim process. He knows what he's doing.

To give you another example of how much it takes from the printers side, no matter what art/seps you provide, take a look at the other below.

That was done for from a printer in Orlando. It was a big hit also for me here in town, but still, it was not exactly what I had looked for.
This was a new shop I used in Orlando, but has seen some decent prints come from them. So, when giving my suggestion on how to print it, he pushed back. I went a few pissing rounds with the printer who "worked for some big shops" and declared he knew what to use more than I did" so I gave in and allowed him to use lower mesh than what I would have selected. He is accustom to using 180 on base and 280's on top colors. Ok. I thought it might not be "that bad". I usually prefer 230 base and 305 top colors as the Huntsville guy did.

The lower mesh might have worked better, but the Orlando guy obviously laid down the dark pink ink way heavy and overpowered my light pink altogether. Note, I used the same light pink in each design and the St Cloud version had far more light pink in it than what you see.

Then, the Orlando printer didn't hold that background flame as well as the Huntsville guy. Note, that the Hunsville guy used only 1 pink while the Orlando guy had a light pink and a dark pink. The (two pinks) should have provided more contrast.

Both were ran on auto's. The first one, at top, looks far better then "the one done in Orlando for me "A guy with a print background working for large shops in the Orlando area doing sim process, not to mention a TommyHilfiger print shop.

Both of the customers (our customers being the firefighters) on these jobs did some dictating on how things should be, so overall it looks good, but could have been better designed.

Now, both were good prints, but the (brand new to sim process) guy from Hunstville out did this expert guy hands down. Imagine how good he's going to be when he gets some more experience.  I'd have to say also, that the inks play a factor in it as well. I think the Orlando printer used some heavier inks. The print seemed very plastiy in some areas.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:33:15 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #867 on: October 07, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
Here's one we designed/printed for our hometeam the Denver Broncos! An in your face style gameday shirt using the denver colors... Since we are real close to the stadium we print some of this stuff for people that sell around town/bars.

Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #868 on: October 07, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »
Here's one we designed/printed for our hometeam the Denver Broncos! An in your face style gameday shirt using the denver colors... Since we are real close to the stadium we print some of this stuff for people that sell around town/bars.

Your stuff just gets better and better.  IM closing down shop, flying my people out to your shop and you can teach them to be next level.  LOL  THX IN ADVANCE.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #869 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »

Your stuff just gets better and better.  IM closing down shop, flying my people out to your shop and you can teach them to be next level.  LOL  THX IN ADVANCE.

LOL, if you want send the crew out in the nice lil' pickup you got yourself and I'll teach them everything I know and you can just leave that ride here in exchange!!! hahahaha... I'll get your invoice ready! lol

Danny Gruninger