Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557643 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #885 on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:26 AM »
Few from last couple days.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #886 on: October 22, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
Couple from this morning.  Already on Job 3, just 9:30 here. 

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:33 AM »
Looks very good.

Love printing distressed look, even if you screw up it still looks good :)

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
Couple from this morning.  Already on Job 3, just 9:30 here. 

Impressive,  we only ran 5 all day yesterday but it was close to 3,000 total prints. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »
I wish we had something worth showing off.  Most of what we do is very boring and just spot color stuff.  The quality is great but visually it's nothing to look at unless you're judging it in person.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #890 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
Another from today. 

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #891 on: October 22, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
I wish we had something worth showing off.  Most of what we do is very boring and just spot color stuff.  The quality is great but visually it's nothing to look at unless you're judging it in person.

Honestly for me the multiple spot color stuff is probably the most challenging printing...... When you have an 8 color spot going on black shirts where every color touches the one next to it, imo those are the most challenging prints to do. We print some fashion clothing line stuff where we have prints that are 6-7 neon colors going on black and I dread printing that each time we get an order. I would prefer to print sim process all day long so if you have some nice quality spot prints I say post them up with some details. I would love to learn how other shops are tackling these multiple spot color jobs, how many flashes are used, etc. When I dig through my strike off pictures I will post some of the designs I'm talking about that I dread printing.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »

Honestly for me the multiple spot color stuff is probably the most challenging printing...... When you have an 8 color spot going on black shirts where every color touches the one next to it, imo those are the most challenging prints to do. We print some fashion clothing line stuff where we have prints that are 6-7 neon colors going on black and I dread printing that each time we get an order. I would prefer to print sim process all day long so if you have some nice quality spot prints I say post them up with some details. I would love to learn how other shops are tackling these multiple spot color jobs, how many flashes are used, etc. When I dig through my strike off pictures I will post some of the designs I'm talking about that I dread printing.

Same as Alan here  all our work is basic spot color stuff mostly corporate or cheap school stuff. Very rarely do we get something fashion related.
"No man is an island"

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #893 on: October 22, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
Brandt, thanks for the kind words man. Regarding the comment Dirk made I for sure have to give credit to my artist. I will say though my printing just a couple years ago was no match to what it is today. I still have a long ways to go as far as quality goes but looking at my prints from a couple years ago  they are nowhere near where they are now. Same artist, same seps and my print quality now is far better then what it was so I would say the printing is very important compared to having just good art. I have shirts we printed a couple years back that we have recently done reprints for using the same seps and our quality now is far better then what it was so I'd say it's a complete package with good art, good seps and good printing.

I totally dig the distressing on the dwn tym design, is this a pattern overlay or do you guys hand distress in photoshop using brushes to achieve that effect? Love that style!
Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #894 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
Brandt, thanks for the kind words man. Regarding the comment Dirk made I for sure have to give credit to my artist. I will say though my printing just a couple years ago was no match to what it is today. I still have a long ways to go as far as quality goes but looking at my prints from a couple years ago  they are nowhere near where they are now. Same artist, same seps and my print quality now is far better then what it was so I would say the printing is very important compared to having just good art. I have shirts we printed a couple years back that we have recently done reprints for using the same seps and our quality now is far better then what it was so I'd say it's a complete package with good art, good seps and good printing.

I totally dig the distressing on the dwn tym design, is this a pattern overlay or do you guys hand distress in photoshop using brushes to achieve that effect? Love that style!

Your printing rocks.  Love everything you post. 

Alan you should still post your work.  Doing spot color stuff is challenging at times. 

Danny that shirt was several layers some hand distressed, some just overlays with patterns/etc.  Most of our stuff we dont rely on one effect to pull something off.  Who's doing your art?  Your art guy rocks.  Period.  If he isn't in house do you mind sharing his info with me privately?  If he is in house, any interest in us using you for some art?  Let me know.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #895 on: October 22, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

Alan you should still post your work.  Doing spot color stuff is challenging at times. 

Danny that shirt was several layers some hand distressed, some just overlays with patterns/etc.  Most of our stuff we dont rely on one effect to pull something off.  Who's doing your art?  Your art guy rocks.  Period.  If he isn't in house do you mind sharing his info with me privately?  If he is in house, any interest in us using you for some art?  Let me know.

Brandt, our artist is Jeremy Duncan. Many guys around the industry have known of him. He currently is a "contracted artist" for my company but is a full time deal..... Meaning he works full time for us 40 hours a week or more but does it out of his house. He still does some freelancing for other people on the forum but his full time "job" is working for us..... If your ever needing something done just let me know and I can have him work it up for you as he certainly is one of the best artists out there. It took me 4 years to get him on board and turn it into a full time deal instead of freelance. Right now him and I are working on some retail clothing lines that we are going to launch here pretty soon with some really awesome artwork but we can certainly do art for other you if your needing it.

Danny
Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #896 on: October 22, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

Brandt, our artist is Jeremy Duncan. Many guys around the industry have known of him. He currently is a "contracted artist" for my company but is a full time deal..... Meaning he works full time for us 40 hours a week or more but does it out of his house. He still does some freelancing for other people on the forum but his full time "job" is working for us..... If your ever needing something done just let me know and I can have him work it up for you as he certainly is one of the best artists out there. It took me 4 years to get him on board and turn it into a full time deal instead of freelance. Right now him and I are working on some retail clothing lines that we are going to launch here pretty soon with some really awesome artwork but we can certainly do art for other you if your needing it.

Danny

He's talented, and id like to use him if it makes sense on some jobs here and there. Ill contact you at some point on it. 

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #897 on: October 22, 2013, 08:49:23 PM »

Danny

no disrespect here, your printing rocks, I could learn a thing or two from you for sure.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #898 on: October 22, 2013, 09:26:04 PM »
always love checkin in here and seeing the stuff Danny and Brandt are printing.  Always makes me wish I was doing more of that kind of work too!  Awesome stuff all around in here.  Inspiring.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #899 on: October 23, 2013, 06:21:33 AM »
always love checkin in here and seeing the stuff Danny and Brandt are printing.  Always makes me wish I was doing more of that kind of work too!  Awesome stuff all around in here.  Inspiring.

Wow, we are no where near as good as Danny I am sure of that.  We do get to design and print some cool art at times.  We are improving all of the time on printing though.  Thanks for the compliment though!