Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 558224 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #915 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »
Great ex of how the DC/UB improves the graphic quality of the halftones. Good work!
More peeps:

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #916 on: October 25, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
This is nowhere near as spectacular as the prints I see posted here, but I thought I'd post one I printed today.  Forgive the fuzzy iphone pics.  This was 8 colors including a discharge underbase and plastisol top colors.

Are you kidding?  Visually that just blew me back a few feet, that is great work. The closeup looks like the print quality can't get any better.  Personally, that doesn't take a backseat to anything that I've seen posted.  It may not have been technically as hard as some I've seen but that's a homerun.  I wish I had one to show off at the workshops I do.

Thanks for the compliment.  We mainly print spot jobs and only print maybe 5 or 6 simulated a year.  This is just one that we printed for our store front for all the women shoppers.  It's our hometown mascot.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #917 on: October 25, 2013, 09:21:03 AM »
This is nowhere near as spectacular as the prints I see posted here, but I thought I'd post one I printed today.  Forgive the fuzzy iphone pics.  This was 8 colors including a discharge underbase and plastisol top colors.

Are you kidding?  Visually that just blew me back a few feet, that is great work. The closeup looks like the print quality can't get any better.  Personally, that doesn't take a backseat to anything that I've seen posted.  It may not have been technically as hard as some I've seen but that's a homerun.  I wish I had one to show off at the workshops I do.

Alan,  I think I misunderstood you.  Did you want one of this print to show at your workshops?  If so, you can pm me your address and I'll send you one.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:47:11 AM by ShirtShackandMore »

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #918 on: October 25, 2013, 01:39:31 PM »
Always been a little intimidated by the caliber of prints that I see in this thread..
But, I want to get in the mix - even if it means posting some simple prints. 1 color simple.

This print has  been an ongoing program that has met with good success for one of our museum customers.
Sometimes simple  does drive the bus around here.. The print is simple, but the subject matter more complex.

John

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #919 on: October 25, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
we have been trying to get better at simulated process, and recently printed this shirt for a beer customer.
We have a good ways to go in this department.

John

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #920 on: October 25, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
Not bad at all John, you are a lot closer than you think,  only way to know if its off is to look at the original art to compare, but then again in most cases you can only get so close.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #921 on: October 27, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
Here is something I printed yesterday.
Not as complicated, but I though that it came out pretty nice considering that is was done from a scan. I like the style of the drawing too.

Of course, crappy pic

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #922 on: October 27, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »
I am always inspired by the work being posted. So I keep trying new things. Thanks to TSB!

Here is one of my test prints for a foiling design. The original photograph doesn't have a lot of contrast. Avoided bumping up the highlights to try and match the original.  Not sure about that. Indexed into eight colors, printed through 230 mesh with 7 Magna DC inks and Matsui Black waterbase. Printed a couple of dozen, but was having problems with the ink drying in the screen. Going to have to work on that! More ink on the screen, a thicker flood stroke and more consistent speed... can't leave those screens waiting.

Wish I had room for an auto.

Would like to have it go on different colors, so that's why I was printing DC  on a light natural shirt. 

A pic on grey.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:16:31 PM by nobrainsd »

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #923 on: October 27, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
Thats a nice lookin print!! 8)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #924 on: October 30, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
Just realized that I haven't posted anything in here since I've been with the new company....haven't really been in the back much so it's not as easy for me to grab pics of the prints....

Anyway we are currently printing this one so I thought I'd share....

Nick

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #925 on: October 31, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
My printer did this yesterday after work for a little party he's throwing this weekend.  I didn't have much to do with this one except for some tweaking of the settings.  I took a few psi off the print head and turned the print speed up to 15"/sec from 8" and we got some additional opacity out of everything because of that one little adjustment on the underbase.

Underbase 150/48
Flash
Yellow 205N
Blue 205N
Top White 180/48

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #926 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »
Just realized that I haven't posted anything in here since I've been with the new company....haven't really been in the back much so it's not as easy for me to grab pics of the prints....

Anyway we are currently printing this one so I thought I'd share....

Nick

that's some pretty nice halftone work!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #927 on: October 31, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Awesome to see some new faces posting! Really good work by everyone from what I see, I dig the colorful owl that was posted on the last page. The vibrancy/color of that is badass, totally dig that!

Here's a couple prints we just ran over the last couple days...... Both jobs are printed 65 lpi, 230/48 for the underbases and 272n for the top colors. Client supplied artwork on these, and it was real low res jpegs they gave us so all in all pretty happy with how they came out....

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #928 on: November 01, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
I can't compete with you guys, but here's what pays my bills....

my art & seps.
6 colors, all 305 @55lpi.

Scott@ myseps art & seps, 7 colors, 305 @55

milk chocolate on top of rice crispy treats....

DC base, plasticol colors, Coudray seps, supplied art...out of reg a bit on this print...

DC base, plastisol top colors, coudray seps, my art....

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #929 on: November 01, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
Homer, that's freakin awesome.