Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 557599 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2011, 07:23:32 AM »
I've always liked the combination of HD and waterbase. I think it would be more popular if it wasn't such a PITA with screen prep etc.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
Yep. That Dan is a good'n.  He does good work. What?  oh, you mean "me".   Oh, gee williekers. Thanks!

The printer does great printing also. Can't forget that. Takes a good printer to print good art and seps and make them look good on the shirt. I'm glad you allowed me to run with a sepia look also. I know that was outside of the norm.  BRIGHT COLORS!  BRIGHT COLORS! ;D[

How do you like my tortoise? I had to slip one in. I think I'm make that my "thing" now. My hidden characters.

The way the sky drops out to the shirt color at the horizon is great! Palette-wise, did you choose the number of colors deliberately based on client budget, or strictly out of esthetics (or maybe both)? Either way, very nicely done!
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
some prints from last few weeks. The images are pretty crappy, they look better in person. 'was actually contemplating sending some to the competition, but the art provided did not have enough detail.

pierre

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:44:55 AM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
In sim process work we always used to say "You're only as good as your underbase." These are excellent demonstrations of this.
Nice work Pierre.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »
In sim process work we always used to say "You're only as good as your underbase." These are excellent demonstrations of this.
Nice work Pierre.

thanx Tony, I wish I could take the credit for them, but the underbases are Dot Tone Dan's design. I just print them. . .

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
Then kudos to Dan.......nice artcle BTW. Reminds me why I don't do the consulting thing anymore!

Offline squeegee

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
Here's a WB print we did a while back, I thought it turned out cool because the grain of the fabric shows through the transparent ink.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
Here's a WB print we did a while back, I thought it turned out cool because the grain of the fabric shows through the transparent ink.

now that is COOL! Or should I say cold, very cold? ABSOLUTE ZERO cold?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »

now that is COOL! Or should I say cold, very cold? ABSOLUTE ZERO cold?

A good one here :)

Not many people know that -273 thingy.
That must be Croatian education talking there
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:12:11 AM by DKgrafix »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:50 AM »

Tha is the unique characterstic of slubby fabric. Not sure if it's WB but transpaent inks make it happen. Nice!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2011, 06:56:56 AM »
And the typeface and transparency really help make the vintage look work...can the 80's be considered vintage yet?  I hope not, that would me me vintage.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
I think I'm make that my "thing" now. My hidden characters.

Just no GAY MICE please! ;D

HA!   I'm going to come up with a nice new RAT character.Maybe I'll name him Mortimer.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »
some prints from last few weeks. The images are pretty crappy, they look better in person. 'was actually contemplating sending some to the competition, but the art provided did not have enough detail.

pierre

The three spaceship moon thing really sucked because we had to match one done by someone else. The other was only decent but really had that funky fade off to the garment where you cold see the screen mesh drop off. I thought maybe it was bad printing, but then when you look at the art file, it was pretty close to that. So that fade to the shirt on those top 3 (Howl at the moon) parody thing is a result of both matching a bad print and using bad manipulated photo art and/or graphics.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »
Art and seps by Dan.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Damn Donnie.  You get all the fun crap.