Poll

What is your max # of colors and press type?

1 color manual
0 (0%)
4 color manual
1 (2.2%)
6 color manual
11 (23.9%)
8 color manual
5 (10.9%)
6 color AUTO
7 (15.2%)
8 color AUTO
12 (26.1%)
10 color AUTO
6 (13%)
12 color  AUTO
2 (4.3%)
14 color AUTO
0 (0%)
ABOVE 14 auto
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Press type and color count  (Read 9770 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Press type and color count
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »
12 Color Progressive Falcon
16 Color Printex Prism II

The Workhorse manuals are great. I have never had a problem with my 6/6. Just make sure you buy the teal colored one. Workhorse also makes a Murcury brand press that is blackish. They are not nearly as good. (much cheaper and will do the job, but not as good.)

I made alot of money on my Workhorse 6/6. they keep perfect registration.  I have done 4 color process on it.
CMYK Full Color Screen printing with a push stroke on t-shirts

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
Nice Vid. 

Mine is the teal one.  You make the CMYK look so easy.  What brand ink?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 11:15:57 PM »
Mine is the teal one.  You make the CMYK look so easy.  What brand ink?
[/quote]

Its unions ink. I have had really good results with it. I use their color profile "magic numbers", from their website (its under software) when I output my film. I also use 2 sets of registration marks. one is to line up the screens. Then the closer ones are for when printing. they are much smaller and closer to the image. I use a loop to view them to make sure the print it dead on. (all reg marks are covered when printing the shirts)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 11:21:11 PM »
Thanks.  One last question and I just posted that I'm thinking of making a printer change in the general section, but what do you use to output your films?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »
Thanks.  One last question and I just posted that I'm thinking of making a printer change in the general section, but what do you use to output your films?

I maybe the only one in the screen printing industry that uses Canon. I have a canon pro 9000. It does up to 13 wide. I am looking at getting a new one that does up to 24 inches wide. (right now I can only do 16 wide but my MHM with some new items will do 20 wide.)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »
Thanks

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
Looks like I win with oldest machine....lol 10 color Challenger. I found a 10 color Challenger a while back with under a 100k in impressions. It was like finding that old hotrod that Grandma parked in the garage and never drove for 20 years....lol
Ummm not quite. All the work I am currently doing is on Gauntlets with ove 2,000,000 impressions.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »
What year are they? My oldie is a 89.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Online Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »

The Workhorse manuals are great. I have never had a problem with my 6/6. Just make sure you buy the teal colored one. Workhorse also makes a Murcury brand press that is blackish. They are not nearly as good. (much cheaper and will do the job, but not as good.)

I made alot of money on my Workhorse 6/6. they keep perfect registration.  I have done 4 color process on it. CMYK Full Color Screen printing with a push stroke on t-shirts

I've always enjoyed your videos on youtube. Any chance you'll get some videos of the MHM soon?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »

I made alot of money on my Workhorse 6/6. they keep perfect registration.  I have done 4 color process on it. CMYK Full Color Screen printing with a push stroke on t-shirts

I've always enjoyed your videos on youtube. Any chance you'll get some videos of the MHM soon?

Nation03,

I have been wanting to. With the move and learning the MHM I just have not had time. I'm glad you like the videos. I will see if i can get a video of my 5 color job this week.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
An intimate MHM vid of you setting up a job would be rad.  You never get shots of screens being loaded and registered it seems like.