Author Topic: SalesRep Agggg!!!  (Read 2656 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
SalesRep Agggg!!!
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:48:09 PM »
My wife has been having fits here with orders, seems that her old sales rep at some the companies we buy tees from have left, leaving her with a new Rep, and the new Rep just ain't cutting it.  Now this leads me to think there are two kinds of Reps one that loves the job and works for there customers and the ones that just work for the pay check.  I have in the past stop doing business with a company because of a bad sales Rep, whatdaya guys think about sales Reps?

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: SalesRep Agggg!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:05:01 PM »
I do most of my ordering online. The ones I do call on occasion have been there a long time. Maybe it's just coincidence that you're getting a cluster of probelms; I've found most to be OK to deal with; if they can't help me, I just ask them to ask someone who knows, like a manager (nicely of course)...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »
Put a call in to your outside rep.....They are usually on commission and can get things fixed very quick if it affects their pay cheques.....

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
This is why I stopped using One Stroke inks, I had a rep that bent over backwards to help me, he knew the products inside and out - then I got a new girl that basically read me back the PDF tech sheet, she knew nothing...then they kept calling me driving me nuts so i stopped using them and ignore their calls. Same with Sanmar,..I ordered from them once in a while, they never went out of their way to talk to me until I placed one order over 6k - then all of a sudden they call to see how I'm doing...and my rep and I just did not get along from the get go. overrated in my book.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
This is why I stopped working with NES for the most part.  Their outside rep "system" is terrible.  They will only assign an outside rep if you do over 50K, which I did, and then dropped down to almost nothing after poor service and even worst billing mistakes.

We had a great rep, but they divided the territory and we drew the short straw.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
Use TSF and your problems are solved. They are competive with most all and we deal with someone on the phone each time. That way we know what is in stock and not. I myself like to communicate with a real person instead of the online ordering but each to his or her own. They also usually have one day delivery.... and free shipping over $150 I think

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »
TSF is pretty good. We use TSC and they have the best customer support i've ever had. Our inside Rep is so helpful. She has been one of the main reasons we continue to grow in this industry.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »
I really like a lot of TSC's stuff (Tultex mainly) but can not stand the silly games you play with
free shipping etc. "Pay sale price or pay for freight" and some freaking club you join to
get better pricing or whatever. Just sell me the damn products at a fair price and you have my business.
With Sanmar WYSIWYG and that's a major selling point for me. I'm thinking of calling TSC to see if they can switch me over
to straightforward pricing/shipping like with Sanmar. We'd do a lot more business with them if they did.

Offline ol man

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »
TSC's prices are typically better than the other guys. Shipping is a killer - we set it up so they ship on our ups account

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »
I'm little so i have no sales reps.  i do nearly all my ordering online.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
We had the same experience with One Stroke that Homer did. Our response was the same too. They hounded us to death with cold calls so much that it became a running joke in the front office. We love our TSC rep. She's great. We order 99% of the time online but whenever we've had an issue, she's been on top of it. We value the reps that come in to see us and have something to offer us besides just a stale pitch.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
I'm little so i have no sales reps.  i do nearly all my ordering online.
We are farrrrrrr from some of the big boys here but it seems that for the past 15 years (Atlanta Tees) now TSF has bent over with us matching any prices that we may throw at them ( not the sales prices) and on the K orders they usually ship by truck and pick up the shipping. If we have a problem with order we talk to two different women and they take care of us and I guess others too. Yes they do make mistakes but who among us can cast the first stone ? I'm not trying to get orders for them I am just speaking on how they have treated me the small fish in a BIG pond.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
As sales Rep here I try and treat all my customers the same , which is not always possible, but we all know a bad taste in ones mouth and they tell everyone that will listen....same goes for the big tee guys all I want is a to buy tees and get a F'ing call back.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
SalesRep Agggg!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
I can attest to TSF as well they are really awesome when it comes to pricing and my rep is great