Author Topic: 2 new clips of the week  (Read 2498 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
2 new clips of the week
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
Both of these sepped as CMYK. On the Corset we ditched the cyan and yellow for a monochromatic look. 55 lpi 305 mesh discharge.
For the Burlesque print we ditched the black and cyan. I mixed a flesh discharge for the yellow and rich scarlet for the magenta. "Museum of Sex logo taken from google, then blown up to purposely blur it. A discharge orange slurry was made and sprayed across her before sending down the dryer.
tp
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:41:36 PM by blue moon »

Offline Northland

Re: 2 new clips of the week
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:41:09 PM »
Did you forget to attach them ?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
Did you forget to attach them ?

I had them and it took whole 20 sec to attach, but you beat us to it!!!!

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
niceeee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »
they bot look great Tony!

I love the discharge spray effect, too. It brings so much to the shirt and it is so easy to do.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »
Those are killer... thanks for posting them.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »
Thanks all. You're right about the spray. They still do it down in St. Thomas for a line of resort shirts I put together for the Soggy Dollar bar (do I hear field trip?) The slurry is a mixture of water thickened with discharge base. The consistency of the slurry helps to control droplet size. Just use an industrial grade mist bottle from Home Depot. Once you play with it you can get selective with textures. I have a Gyotaku fish print where we use large drops for the fish bubbles and a mist effect for water. Also a vintage dirt bike race poster where we selectively use it to give the illusion of dirt flying up from the rear tire.
By using oversize screens every other head and some spraying we can give the illusion of an allover print without throwing down for special equipment.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
So when you do the spray you just basically spray it onto the garment?  You don't have to worry about it getting into the fibers?  I thought discharge had to be driven into the shirt to be effective?  It looks like it produces one awesome effect.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
they bot look great Tony!

I love the discharge spray effect, too. It brings so much to the shirt and it is so easy to do.

How are you guys doing the spray efferct. I have tryed to do it but the spray bottle sprays it too fine or just not right.