Author Topic: NuArc 40-1ks Exposure Unit: Question on Repairing Vacuum Hoses  (Read 624 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

So the thin vaccuum hoses that feed in between the glass and the vaccuum blanket have deteriorated (our Vacuum blanket is beneath the glass and the hoses feed through two holes at the back corners of the blanket).  There is a big hose coming from the vacuum unit underneath the exposure unit that presumably feeds into the smaller hoses that come up through the blanket, but it goes up above a metal plate before it meets the smaller hoses so we can't actually get to the smaller hoses from the bottom.  The only option, it seems, is to remove the blanket to get to where that large hose and the smaller hoses connect -- but the blanket is glued down.  Anyone ever worked on these before?  Am I missing something or is ungluing the blanket -- i'd prefer not to -- my only option at replacing the hoses that feed through the small holes at the back corners of the blanket?

Thanks.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: NuArc 40-1ks Exposure Unit: Question on Repairing Vacuum Hoses
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
the blanket isnt glued down to the frame, it's on cleat,  pull the blanket toward the outside of the unit (straight out) and it will come off, then you just do the same for replacing it.

You shouldn't have to reglue anything.

Online cleveprint

• !!!
Re: NuArc 40-1ks Exposure Unit: Question on Repairing Vacuum Hoses
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
those hoses kept ripping and falling out of ours for years. we finally just left them out. we notice no difference in the vacuum sucking the screen up.