Author Topic: Teecal Q&A  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Teecal

Teecal Q&A
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
I spent a little bit of time on the site (watched few videos) and I would like to give it a try. The big question is going to be, will it actually be time efficient? It just seems like there is a lot to enter. . .

Would you mind posting something in the introduction section or start another post here and give us an overview? Yes, I realize all of this is on your web site, but there is a lot of info and it seems to be version 1.0 in the videos. So if you start a post, we can ask questions and get it straight from the horses mouth!

My first question is: how well is it suited for contract only printers?

Blue Moon..

You are correct. The videos on our site are from version 1.0, we are in the process of updating them. But the functionality of the software has not changed. We have added quite a bit since then though. We also did a webinar for all our existing customers for the new version. We recorded this and posted the video on our site.
The system is definately set up for contract printers. On the invoice page you will see a tab for "items for contract". This is the area to enter what your customer sent you. The system knows not to charge for these items. Then add the embelishment to be done.
Some of the new features in version 3.01 include.
Individual log-in with restrictions, and individual email
administrator can set what each employee is allowed to view in the software
profit margins, including sales reps commission
shipping and receiving "automation".
Real time scheduling. This is based on machine speed, hours open, etc.
The inventory section runs live with the invoices, meaning if you use shirts from stock the system will automaticly remove them from your inventory. It will also remind you to pull them.

These are some of the new features.. I would be happy to answer any question you have. Post it here or call me directly.
281-532-5164
Ken Mathis
Teecal.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Teecal Q&A
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »
excellent!
I went ahead and downloaded it this morning and am testing it.
The program has many nice features and so far I am impressed!

Here are few questions I could not find the answers to . . .
-discounts. My customers are set up with pricing tiers. There is a drop menu to select the % discount but it does not reflect on the invoice. Is this a limitation of the trial version or am I missing something?
-same question for the new screenprinting price matrix. I created one and it is not showing up.

thanx!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Teecal

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
-discounts. My customers are set up with pricing tiers. There is a drop menu to select the % discount but it does not reflect on the invoice. Is this a limitation of the trial version or am I missing something?
-same question for the new screenprinting price matrix. I created one and it is not showing up.

The discounts are per invoice. But.. you bring up a great idea to be able to set discounts per customer. I will bring that up on our next update.
The way you apply a discount is first set it to % or $, then type the value in the discount area located to the right. If you print or preview the invoice you will see the calculation in the discount area. (before sales tax).
As far as the restriction on the trial we do have a few. I have as of now lifted all of them except E-mail and Quickbooks. We will also limit you on how many quotes, invoices and customers you can have in the trial. So, once you start Teecal it defaults you to our whats new page. This is how we communicate with our users on upgrades, fixes etc. If you would redownload the software (the link is in the whats new page) and load it on top of what you have. Then you will be able to enter pricing grids, markups ect. We dont restrict you on how many screen printing grids (or any grid) you can have. The reason is if you do contract printing you will need a grid for that as well as retail. Same goes for embroidery DTG, and mark ups. You will find that Teecal is very flexible because none of us price the same.
One other feature we have that is important to mention is production groups. On the left side of the invoice page you will see you can add a production group. This is used for when you have multiple orders on one invoice. If you use a new production group its like having multiple invoices in one instead of creating another invoice. If you right mouse click on the production group named "production 1" you are able to rename it. Makes it nice to see what each group is. You might have one named Tees and another one named Hats. By using multple production groups you also remove quantity discounts.

Hope this helps
Ken

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »

The way you apply a discount is first set it to % or $, then type the value in the discount area located to the right. If you print or preview the invoice you will see the calculation in the discount area. (before sales tax).

Hi Ken,

this is not working for me. I can select between the $ and %, but it is not letting me type the actual number. It defaults to 0.00
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Teecal

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
I have attached the screenshot and a PDF of the invoice so you can see how it will look. If you get a minute give me a call and i will walk you through this feature.

Ken

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
Just got of the phone with Ken. We figured out the issue and I am looking to order the program with 3 or 4 clients. The plan is to have a server, one for the office/shipping/receiving, one by the press and one on my computer. I know the software is capable, the question is will I be able to get my ppl to stick with it . . .

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
Just got of the phone with Ken. We figured out the issue and I am looking to order the program with 3 or 4 clients. The plan is to have a server, one for the office/shipping/receiving, one by the press and one on my computer. I know the software is capable, the question is will I be able to get my ppl to stick with it . . .
That is the most critical aspect of integrating management software. There must be 100% commitment acrosss the board. Any management software is on as good as the timeliness and accuracy of the information entered. More than once I have had to let good employees go because they could not bend to the winds of change.
tp

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
That stinks, I wish people would understand that it's for the greater good.  The change is being made because there is a problem that needs fixing and in some cases, the life of the company depends on it.  Yet they are too stubborn to get that through their heads.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »
thanx Tony for the letting go info. I had a sit down with my ppl and told them it's coming and anybody not willing to be behind it 100% will be replaced. I explained that it is the only way we can keep growing and not lose customers. They also know that their pay raises depend on us producing more and with less issues. I think everybody is onboard . . . 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:11:55 AM »
Any updates on this Blue? Are you using it yet?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 07:44:36 AM »
I am fully on board and have been using it for few weeks. This is without a doubt one of the best investments we have made. As many have said before, get the software as soon as possible. With the subscription method, it is cheap so it is hard to justify not getting it.

TeeCal is very easy to use and if you can commit to using it properly, it will significantly increase the production and will make you more organized. Once everything is configured it runs pretty stable, I think it crashed once. When we tried to repeat the crash it would not do it, so chances are it might be my computer. I think there is only one bug that pops up every now and than and it just gives you a warning box. Rest of the time it is up and running on three different computers.
All the basic functionality is there, and I can't think of anything that is missing. It seems to have more than most other programs in the same price range. There are few improvements I'd like to see (mostly to reduce the number of actions needed to complete the task), but as I am talking to them I see that they are working on most of them for the next release.

Support has been absolutely incredible and any questions/ issues were resolved in a jiffy!

In a nutshell, if you are thinking about it, stop wasting your time and get it. No reservations with recommending it!

pierre

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »
I guess I will have to throw down and get a pc to run it.....lol Are you able to use it remotely? My wife is my accountant and does a lot of the book keeping away from the shop.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
I guess I will have to throw down and get a pc to run it.....lol Are you able to use it remotely? My wife is my accountant and does a lot of the book keeping away from the shop.

well, yes, no and maybe!

If you use it correctly, there is hardly any bookkeeping needed! Everything organized and as you run it everything is up to date. The only bookkeeping you would have to do is send invoices out, receive payments and sync with quickbooks, but compared to what I used to do, it is much better. Making quotes and production invoices is easy and it converts to an invoice you can send with a click of a button. I used to have to write one paper to give directions on how to print another which screens to use another to show the picture of the art and then spent 10 min trying to remember what we do so I can create an invoice in quickbooks. Here there is a little more upfront work, but after that it is all few clicks away. Art approvals, production sheets, mesh counts and when all is done full invoice is about two clicks. So in the end, only bookkeeping you have is to send it out and receive the funds.

As far as remote access, I have it set up through logmein.com. It gives me full access to my PC here at work. You will need additional license for TeeCal though, but the cost is pretty low.

It was a gut reaction to chose it over the others, but it seems to be the right one. I briefly looked at few other options and I kept coming back to TeeCal.

If you'd like to you can give me a call and I can walk you through some stuff.

pierre