Author Topic: Need a tonal to shirt color...heres a tip  (Read 2121 times)

Offline mjrprint

Need a tonal to shirt color...heres a tip
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
If it is a darker color print with clear ink. It will give the print a wet look and theres your dark tonal. Need a lighter tonal? Go 64/40 with  ink and curable reducer. Thinner may also work.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Need a tonal to shirt color...heres a tip
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
Even better........discharge base with 1/2%  to 1-1/5% activator. I have a couple of resort designs that they buy in packs of siz color. The print changes color with the shirt. And no messy ink changes!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »
I run a lot of these too. I have not tried the discharge way but I am jumping into that this week. I use transparent plastisol based out with reducer or even softhand clear when I want a wet look. I might PM you with some questions Tony if you dont mind on the discharge stuff?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
No problem. We used to render Mickey and Pals using black and white vector art using the clear for the dark color and the discharge for the light on a whole bunch of different colored blanks. Looked awesome at retail.

Offline Northland

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
Even better........discharge base with 1/2%  to 1-1/5% activator. I have a couple of resort designs that they buy in packs of siz color. The print changes color with the shirt. And no messy ink changes!
Tony..... that's great info. Gotta go try that.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
Love printing the clear base onto colors.  Works really well on garment dye for some reason.  I seriously pitch this to every client that wants a bunch of different shirt colors in their run. 

Downright fascinating with the discharge though.  I never thought I'd be so excited about introducing formaldehyde into my shop environment but, boy howdy, does it sound like fun!   

I'm going to start calling you Sugar Man Tony, yer the guy that comes around with all the good sh!t. 

Sixto Rodriguez - Sugar man