Author Topic: HSB Pulling Tints, Shades Etc Color Separations with Degrees  (Read 1437 times)

AdvancedArtist

HSB Pulling Tints, Shades Etc Color Separations with Degrees
« on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »
I know there has been allot of discussion about HSB and the math and science behind HSB which is excellent and the scientific justification for the use of HSB in screen printing. But there is also the simple side of HSB for color separation which further makes the HSB understanding and color model the perfect model for us as screen printers.

HSB Color Separations Pulling with Degrees

I will continue to break this down for you and to understand this video you should preview the HSB videos on my youtube channel.

More to come...

Offline starchild

Re: HSB Pulling Tints, Shades Etc Color Separations with Degrees
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
You subtracted 285 from 360 to shift the red so you can use it to pull the 285.
Then to pull an 80 for instance, I will subtract 80 from 120 to shift the green and use that to pull?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:17:32 PM by starchild »

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
You could go -80 and push the red which is at 0 into the 80 and then pull that red or you could go 40 and push the green at 120 into the 80 and then pull the green to get the 80. Seems a little tricky at first but with a little practice you can pull any color with ease. There will be more coming I am just trying to keep it really simple at this point as to lay a foundation of understanding so I can correctly demystify this stuff.

Offline starchild

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
I get it 80 from 120 is 40 for the green. But you can use any of the "100 percent" hues and swing the degrees because they all fall off equally.  Whether the color you are trying to pull is closer to any given 100  percent hue or not.

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »
 :)