Author Topic: Need Pantone Acrylic Ink (posters)  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Admiral

Need Pantone Acrylic Ink (posters)
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
I need 3 poster inks pantone matched, anyone know where I can get them from? Right now we have speedball acrylic inks but that's it.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Need Pantone Acrylic Ink (posters)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
I need 3 poster inks pantone matched, anyone know where I can get them from? Right now we have speedball acrylic inks but that's it.

why not just custom make it? we did it all the time.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »
Just to clarify, you can print posters, but want someone else to print these for you? Or would you like advice on an ink system? If so, TW has a few waterbased solutions. Having a CMS on hand can be nice. Another option is to ask your local supplier if they do color matching. The problem with that is they tend to want to do it in large batches.

If you want someone else to print for you, send me a PM.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
we plan on printing them, we have done posters before with speedball ink

reason I was trying not to mix them ourselves is we would need to order 8-10 different inks, a few being gallons and then mix, would be nice if we could just get 2 quarts - 1 gallon of each of the colors we need

TW-5500 is what I was looking into right now, from Nazdar.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »
TW 5500 is from TW graphics.  My ink of choice for flatstock.  We match by eye.  They offer a set of pure pigment concentrates for this but no formula guide.  I love mixing by gut and by eye so that's fine for us but yeah, if you are needing to match to PMS constantly you need a formula guide so, if that's the case, look into a similar product form Nazdar or someone with a formula system.

I can't remember if TW will mix PMS for you, they might, I would call and ask, really great folks there.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
This is the TW I was referring to, http://www.twgraphics.com/Screen-Printing-Ink.html I have some of their industrial ink and I really like it. I know a ton of poster printers love their waterbased inks. I have been meaning to try them, but I am using solvent right now and don't feel like making a switch until I go to UV. There are a few advantage of the solvent inks that outweigh the downsides IMO. Besides, I look sexy in a gas mask.

Nazdar's colorstar online program is pretty neat.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
Besides, I look sexy in a gas mask.

Haha!  We use the WB 5500 series.  No solvent inks up in here.  Let me know how UV goes, I've been mulling it.